Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default Nintendo WII (does any one own 1 )

i know this is way off topic here my daughter is 12 years old & spoiled rotten
(daddy's Little girl ) she some how talked me in to buying 1 on ebay for her for xmas doe's any one own one & what is so special about it she is driving me nutz ( i am already nutz by that's beside the point LOL)
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Magicman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere Ohio
Posts: 3,713
Default

I own one. They are pretty cool and good for getting the blood flowing. I bought it for my son who is 14 last Christmas and we now have like 12 games for it. It is a good family gaming unit. My 75 year old dad was playing with my son last Christmas if that says anything about it.

The graphics are about equal to the PS2 but the concept of your movements controlling the game is what makes it popular. I run a Toys R Us and we had people last Sunday lining up at 3am already tring to get this system. Standing in the rain for 6 hours till we opened. It is just going to be down right crazy to get one this year.
__________________
-Collecting Bills, A's, Lakers, Sabres, Chavez, Melo, McNabb, Posluszny and any SU Players
-Putting together the set of 2006 Gridiron Playbook Patch jerseys /25. Have 10/25 currently. If you have them, LMK
"Just because you have the ability to speak, does not make you intelligent"
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

i bought a 14 game bundle on ebay for 389.99 i ran around for 3 dyas looking for it so i just figured snach it now & save a few days of my life .

we also have a movie screen in our house 15ft wide by 8ft tall so iam shure this will be great on the movie screen

Here is a photo of it plain
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...0/100_1421.jpg

Here is one with the super bowl up on it
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...0/100_1422.jpg





Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman32 View Post
I own one. They are pretty cool and good for getting the blood flowing. I bought it for my son who is 14 last Christmas and we now have like 12 games for it. It is a good family gaming unit. My 75 year old dad was playing with my son last Christmas if that says anything about it.

The graphics are about equal to the PS2 but the concept of your movements controlling the game is what makes it popular. I run a Toys R Us and we had people last Sunday lining up at 3am already tring to get this system. Standing in the rain for 6 hours till we opened. It is just going to be down right crazy to get one this year.
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

I had quit playing video games for years till my wife insisted on getting one. It really is fun/and not a bad workout. The "sports" game that comes with it will never get old either.
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas Park, VA
Posts: 128
Send a message via Yahoo to Bulldog
Default

I bought one in Aug and my wife and I love it. We play tennis (comes with the game) about twice a week. It gets my butt off the couch. I think the other games are a bit expensive ($50 minimum) and I would highly recommend renting games to first before buying.

Don't waste money on the tennis racket, bat and golf club attachment package.

Look for the game package that includes an extra controller (it has about 4-6 games). The cost for the package is almost equal to the cost of an extra controller.

The graphics for the games that come with the console and the game package aren't like Halo but for the price, it's pretty good.

Good-luck!!!

Jason
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Michigan.
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Look for the game package that includes an extra controller (it has about 4-6 games). The cost for the package is almost equal to the cost of an extra controller.

The graphics for the games that come with the console and the game package aren't like Halo but for the price, it's pretty good.

Good-luck!!!

Jason
Its called wii-play and has 9 games, most of which aren't very good but kids may like them and figuring in the cost of the controller (wiimote) the games are about only 10$.

I have had quite a few wii's good for reselling when you can find them.
kirkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul MN
Posts: 70
Default

like everyone else said it is a great system. wii sports is enough for me and it is fun to get up and move around and play with friends. i am sure you and your daughter will love it. It is very family friendly. Hope you enjoy it.
cplamb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Dobber2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 2,451
Default

Guitar Hero for the Wii is awesome - if you are a fan of great rock and always wanted to be in the band this is the game for you.....
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Glenarm,IL
Posts: 1,565
Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I bought one in Aug and my wife and I love it. We play tennis (comes with the game) about twice a week. It gets my butt off the couch. I think the other games are a bit expensive ($50 minimum) and I would highly recommend renting games to first before buying.

Don't waste money on the tennis racket, bat and golf club attachment package.

Look for the game package that includes an extra controller (it has about 4-6 games). The cost for the package is almost equal to the cost of an extra controller.

The graphics for the games that come with the console and the game package aren't like Halo but for the price, it's pretty good.

Good-luck!!!

Jason
You are wrong on the game price. The Wii is actually the most resonable system for games. The highest a regular game sells for is $50 and a bunch have come out for $40 and even $30 new.
The Wii is great if you have a family. My 5 yr old loves it and we all play a lot.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

My daughter want this also her x mas budget was $2,000 i blew that last week at the mall still working on arevised budget for her LOL


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
Guitar Hero for the Wii is awesome - if you are a fan of great rock and always wanted to be in the band this is the game for you.....
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

i alreday bought the 14 game bundle , whats wrong with the tennis racket, bat and golf club attachment package.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I bought one in Aug and my wife and I love it. We play tennis (comes with the game) about twice a week. It gets my butt off the couch. I think the other games are a bit expensive ($50 minimum) and I would highly recommend renting games to first before buying.

Don't waste money on the tennis racket, bat and golf club attachment package.

Look for the game package that includes an extra controller (it has about 4-6 games). The cost for the package is almost equal to the cost of an extra controller.

The graphics for the games that come with the console and the game package aren't like Halo but for the price, it's pretty good.

Good-luck!!!

Jason
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

i shure she will since she will play it on my projector on a 8ft X 15ft movie screen the only down side to it is she might burn my bulb & to replace it its 850.00 i am going to try to find a lower luminus bulb that she can use so when i watch sports & movies we can use my good bulb


Quote:
Originally Posted by cplamb14 View Post
like everyone else said it is a great system. wii sports is enough for me and it is fun to get up and move around and play with friends. i am sure you and your daughter will love it. It is very family friendly. Hope you enjoy it.
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,033
Default

What kind of projector do you have louie? Also, what do you use as a screen for the projector?
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

i own a sharp XR-10x this was the top of the line in projectors it came with a 3yr ER warenty if it cant befixed in 24hrs you get a new one for $800 its well worth it ( we enjoy it ) .

here is a link to the guys auction i bout this material from
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-LAYER-PROJECTI...QQcmdZViewItem

if you look at my older post u will see alink to photo's of it in my house



Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
What kind of projector do you have louie? Also, what do you use as a screen for the projector?
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas Park, VA
Posts: 128
Send a message via Yahoo to Bulldog
Default

In my opinion, the bat, tennis racket and golf club attachment didn't add anything "extra" to the games when I used it. I admit, I didn't read the box carefully and thought it would provided some feedback or something. Basiclly, you insert the Wii controller into the bat/racket/club. Knowing what I know now, I would have rather spent the $30 on cards.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,264
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
In my opinion, the bat, tennis racket and golf club attachment didn't add anything "extra" to the games when I used it. I admit, I didn't read the box carefully and thought it would provided some feedback or something. Basiclly, you insert the Wii controller into the bat/racket/club. Knowing what I know now, I would have rather spent the $30 on cards.
Now i read this....but we'll see how well that putter works! The bat I'm not fond of (hit 3x the homes with just the controller)
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

well being the good dad that i am i went ahead & hooked it up & tryed it out
no all i want to do is play it LOL , i have not wraped it yet still working out the kinks in the game LAMO i think a few more test need to be done beside i still have 21 days to play with it





Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Now i read this....but we'll see how well that putter works! The bat I'm not fond of (hit 3x the homes with just the controller)
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,264
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

I know how that works! Lets see last night, Robert 2 hours, Brandi 20 minutes . On the plus side my Wii age went from 57 (1st time trying it) to 26 last night. Be interesting to see where it goes to tonight.
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
csun22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,216
Default

I have a Wii and I love mine We had Thanksgiving at our house as usual this year and had my aunt and uncle visiting from the UK. My wife's sister and her cousins wanted to play so they started playing and everyone wanted to watch.....next thing you know the whole family was taking turns playing Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. The game is somewhat vulgar, although not as bad as the 1st one but VERY entertaining I bought the 2nd one just because I thought it was going to be as vulgar as the first.

The graphics on the Wii are definitely not as good as the PS3 or Xbox 360, but I am more than happy with how interactive the games are.......other than the fact that I almost literally put a hole in the big screen trying to bowl....but thats another story
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

well i have a projecton screen i am going to use because of people tossing the remote through the tv the only thing its going through is my wall & as a carpenter by trady i can fix that real easy





Quote:
Originally Posted by csun22 View Post
I have a Wii and I love mine We had Thanksgiving at our house as usual this year and had my aunt and uncle visiting from the UK. My wife's sister and her cousins wanted to play so they started playing and everyone wanted to watch.....next thing you know the whole family was taking turns playing Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. The game is somewhat vulgar, although not as bad as the 1st one but VERY entertaining I bought the 2nd one just because I thought it was going to be as vulgar as the first.

The graphics on the Wii are definitely not as good as the PS3 or Xbox 360, but I am more than happy with how interactive the games are.......other than the fact that I almost literally put a hole in the big screen trying to bowl....but thats another story
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Posts: 1,095
Default

i guess i better enjoy it now before she gets a hold of it



Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I know how that works! Lets see last night, Robert 2 hours, Brandi 20 minutes . On the plus side my Wii age went from 57 (1st time trying it) to 26 last night. Be interesting to see where it goes to tonight.
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 56
Default

I just bought a PS3 80 GB bundle that came with Motorstorm, Lair, NHL2k8 all for $ 499.99 at Best Buy so I'm pretty excited. I plan on selling those 3 games on Ebay though, can't hardly wait to fire up Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion on my Sharp Aquos 46" with the Monster Ultra 1000 HDMI cable. It will be a sight to BEHOLD!
Ravens52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
martyogelvie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 93
Default

my wife picked up one for my son (7 year old) for christmas. Apparently his Nintendo Game cube and Playstation II just aren't cutting the mustard any more. 'spolied, i guess'

And she wonders why he doesn't want to go out and play baseball or basketball....
__________________
martyOgelvie
always buying Dallas Cowboy football cards
Send me a PM if your selling.
martyogelvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 912
Default

Ok Just got one for the Kids for (x-mas) Thats what I told the wife! What games do you guys recomend?
__________________
My Photobucket
sidelinecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,264
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

We got the Wii play and enjoy playing the various games with it. Its fun, advantage is probably more the fact it comes with an extra controller (w/out numchuck). I actually highly recommend this, one because of the controller, 2 because the games are actually great for learning how to use and master the controls before heading off onto harder games, that require more skill level.

Only other one we've purchased was Zelda, and that I enjoy, but I like the adventure/role-playing games.

Super Mario Party has been highly recommended to us, but I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully within the next week or so we'll go rent a few games and see which ones we like, before we go purchase them.

We do play on buying Big Brain Academy. We love the DS version, and hope this is equal to it....and its educational!

Last i knew Tiger Woods Golf set the bar for golf games (graphics and game play) for the Xbox, not sure how the play is on the Wii. This will definately be one of our rentals. Also will need a baseball game, as the Wii Play is only 3 innings, and advance gameplay on it is nonexistant (can't steal bases, nor advance your runners on their own).

Only other game we currently have is the new duck hunting game (got lucky and got it a week before it was supposed to be out, thanks to a minimum waged best buy employee who can't read..they wouldn’t take the copy out of my hand But to be honest, I wouldn't recommend this one, mostly due to my philosophies with the game play (you shoot max of 6 ducks, and then go retrieve them). I very much believe, you shoot it, you go get it, anything close to "wanton waste" just aggrieves me.

I'd love to hear other suggetions!
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.