Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Paypal Multi-label Shipping Down For 2 Weeks Now...

anyone else with this trouble? i have 191 items paid for last 2 days, but multi-shipping brings just 6 in, it's been doing these 5-12 items for 2 weeks, so i have to go in and manually do each one like the olden days, takes forever, any ideas?????
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes paypal is horrible right now. I keep on sending them emails and they don't care.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

They care. There was a bomb threat at eBay HQ today 2.4 miles from my house. I am sure their e-mail center is not located there but they could have been distracted by it.

Sending multiple e-mails just causes them to take longer to reply to everyone else. They are upgrading systems now so the site doesn't crash during the Christmas rush. Believe me, the problems now are better than the alternative.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

I posted a message about this subject a few days ago ... here is the response that I got from Paypal regarding this problem:

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We regret the delay in responding to
your service request.

Hi Timothy, It is our intention to reply to our customers within 24
hours. However, due to an increase in email volume, our response time
has been delayed and we are diligently working to reply to each email
received. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I regret the difficulty you have experienced with PayPal's MultiOrder
Shipping tool. I understand that all of your items are not being
imported. I have escalated your concern onto our engineering department

for further investigation. Until this issue has been resolved, you may
ship directly from your Transaction History Log. We appreciate your
patience regarding this matter.

Thank you for being part of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,
Melanie
Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

Real helpful, huh?? That email took about 4-5 days to get.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

It still beats filling out DC forms manually at the PO!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

I haven't tried it yet, but is it better to just make shipping labels from home. Do you just print them out on regular paper or are there sticker labels you can buy? I've always gone to the post office and manually filled out DC and shipped items. what are the pros/cons?

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I haven't tried it yet, but is it better to just make shipping labels from home. Do you just print them out on regular paper or are there sticker labels you can buy? I've always gone to the post office and manually filled out DC and shipped items. what are the pros/cons?
Shipping online pros:

With priority mail you get free tracking.
You will have the tracking on the site, so no worries about losing the recipt.
You weight the boxes (I always do 1 pound even if it might be 1.5 pounds, they never check or care).

Cons:

No confirmation of item being shipping (but that doesn't matter cause you are only covered by paypal if you get tracking of delivery, not sending it).

You must purchase tracking, so if you send anything, you must pay 17 cents for tracking (for first class mail priority is free).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

17 cents is alot cheaper the 65cents+ for DC. What about the labels?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
17 cents is alot cheaper the 65cents+ for DC. What about the labels?

click on this
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I use regular paper and packing tape. I think at least one person on here uses a Dynamo Labler, and others have found a way to print on sticky labels (would love more info on this...as it cuts out my paper/scissor/tape time)
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I use regular paper and packing tape. I think at least one person on here uses a Dynamo Labler, and others have found a way to print on sticky labels (would love more info on this...as it cuts out my paper/scissor/tape time)

coming from someone who used to do that.. you spend more money on tape and spend more time cutting and taping and bs... labels are definitely the way to go....

.. but of course you would have to factor in the cost of ink... but if you use the draft or "fast" quality setting on your printer, it will make the black ink last twice as long.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thats my problem fish. It will take me an hour to write the address and then tape up each package if I were to ship 10 different things. I need a simpler way!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
20 cents per label could cut down on your profit.

Yes I use regular paper. And if I ship via priority mail I used the priority mail stickers (4 of them one of each side and it stays perfectly).

I regularly do not use paypal for anything under $50, I just do it by hand, and now I use advice from you guys here, and put some stamps on (2-3 stamps will work).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yea exaclty, I didn't think of the tape. That is why I only use labels for priority mail so its free tape. Plus I print my shipping labels only at work or school so I don't have to pay for that.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

[QUOTE=CaptainBOHICA;17347]coming from someone who used to do that.. you spend more money on tape and spend more time cutting and taping and bs... labels are definitely the way to go....[QUOTE]

Capt - I do the draft ink, so that does help. But here's my ? for you. Since I haven't seen a "label sheet" yet. Is the paper aligned so it prints the address on the label portion, then you have a normal portion for your receipt, or is this area printed on "label" paper as well? Is there a way you can print just the paypal address portion without the "receipt" part? I personally don't keep them as they just clutter up my home desk/office space (if I couldn't search for it through paypal then I'd really need to change my current thought process).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

nothing wrong by doing it all by hand.. but when your sales volume picks up... automation is warranted. or maybe im just lazy
Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
20 cents per label could cut down on your profit.

Yes I use regular paper. And if I ship via priority mail I used the priority mail stickers (4 of them one of each side and it stays perfectly).

I regularly do not use paypal for anything under $50, I just do it by hand, and now I use advice from you guys here, and put some stamps on (2-3 stamps will work).
If you can find a automated UPS Machine, you can prepurchase 1.13 (1 oz) and 1.30 (2 oz) stamps ahead of time. I normally do them in batches of 10. Makes it much easier than using extra stamps...now if they'd only come up with a 1.13 and 1.30 stamp, I'd be happy as can be.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

What do postal scales go for?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default scales

I paid 15-20 for mine (digital meat scale......multipurpose
Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

[QUOTE=iluvfish2;17352][QUOTE=CaptainBOHICA;17347]coming from someone who used to do that.. you spend more money on tape and spend more time cutting and taping and bs... labels are definitely the way to go....
Quote:

Capt - I do the draft ink, so that does help. But here's my ? for you. Since I haven't seen a "label sheet" yet. Is the paper aligned so it prints the address on the label portion, then you have a normal portion for your receipt, or is this area printed on "label" paper as well? Is there a way you can print just the paypal address portion without the "receipt" part? I personally don't keep them as they just clutter up my home desk/office space (if I couldn't search for it through paypal then I'd really need to change my current thought process).
Yes there is a way to only print the label and not the receipt. Go to the settings, if you cannot find it email paypal and they will help you.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

If you go to the settings option in Paypal you can avoid the receipt.

I would recommend a laser printer for printing labels - tons cheaper by the copy - my toner costs $48 and can print 2000 sheets before I need a new one - I use a Brother HL2040 and feed the labels in thru the manual opening on the front of the printer. Labels come 2 per sheet and I cut them in half before I feed them through (works fine)

If you do any shipping with UPS (like 1 package per year - nudge nudge wink wink) then you can order labels from them for free. They do have "for UPS shipping only" printed on them but since I have to trim them for envelopes that is not an issue anyway. There was a guy on Ebay selling labels super cheap and after you paid him I think that all he did was set up an online UPS account in your name and then have UPS ship you the quantity that you had purchased. I think that UPS shut him down (go figure)
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
If you go to the settings option in Paypal you can avoid the receipt.

I would recommend a laser printer for printing labels - tons cheaper by the copy - my toner costs $48 and can print 2000 sheets before I need a new one - I use a Brother HL2040 and feed the labels in thru the manual opening on the front of the printer. Labels come 2 per sheet and I cut them in half before I feed them through (works fine)

If you do any shipping with UPS (like 1 package per year - nudge nudge wink wink) then you can order labels from them for free. They do have "for UPS shipping only" printed on them but since I have to trim them for envelopes that is not an issue anyway. There was a guy on Ebay selling labels super cheap and after you paid him I think that all he did was set up an online UPS account in your name and then have UPS ship you the quantity that you had purchased. I think that UPS shut him down (go figure)
Yes wink wink, I have like 2 boxes of label from printing all of those ups packages back then wink wink. But really for heavier or more expensive boxes (anything close to $1,000 I use UPS for online signature confirmation).
Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

I use the APC (automated postal center) kiosk at my local post office for packages that need DC. This way I don't have to fill out any forms, and the DC number is on the receipt.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

yes, i signed up at ups.com for free, then they send you FREE unlimited labels to your door, i have cases and cases, this is why people on ebay sell a case of 10,000 labels for $1 and charge $50 shipping
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is online now   Reply With Quote