Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default THIS IS FUNNY!! got to love ebay buyers...

okay, as you can imagine as much as i bust open...i must list the same item multiple times...tonight is one instance...

I HAVE TWO IDENTICAL LISTINGS (from turbolister)
BOWMAN HERITAGE 2007 BB BASE SET (listed the exact same way)

both at 9.99 buy it now $15.69 same shipping same cat same everything

one closes in 1 min with 5 bids at $15.53
the other 1 min with 0 bids still at 9.99 min and buy it now $15.69

funny, how that works, why not bid on the other one, they both show up as most recent ending soonest...

i will report back the results

i dont like to list at same time due to competing with myself but the market is already overflowing, so...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

THEY JUST ENDED...the one at $15.53, the other no bids, lol
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Have had the same thing happen to me. I guess people lock in on the one auction they want to bid on and just stick with it. People just don't stop and think sometimes.
scottiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )

sell the second one to the under bidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
THEY JUST ENDED...the one at $15.53, the other no bids, lol
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default I've got one for you!

I had my The Cup Larry Robinson Signature Swatches Auto Patch #'ed /25 listed on the bay with a starting bid of $69.99. I searched to see if any more were up on the bay within 3 days of my auction ending and there was 1 more up. It was going for $10.15 at the time and that auction ended 20 minutes after my auction. With less than 24 hours left in my auction I hadn't had a bid and the other card was up to $96.00. Can anyone explain that one to me? both cards were 3 clr with 5 breaks, but my card had the slight edge in the patch design. You would think that people who weren't the high bidder would look for another one right?

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I had my The Cup Larry Robinson Signature Swatches Auto Patch #'ed /25 listed on the bay with a starting bid of $69.99. I searched to see if any more were up on the bay within 3 days of my auction ending and there was 1 more up. It was going for $10.15 at the time and that auction ended 20 minutes after my auction. With less than 24 hours left in my auction I hadn't had a bid and the other card was up to $96.00. Can anyone explain that one to me? both cards were 3 clr with 5 breaks, but my card had the slight edge in the patch design. You would think that people who weren't the high bidder would look for another one right?
As my wife always tells me when I want to start an auction at a high opening bid, "People would rather bid something up."
mdb92951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

MDB,

That doesn't always happen though.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't sell as much on ebay as most of the members of this forum but for some reason this year I have found that over 90% of my auctions that I list with a buy it now or best offer no one buys or make a best offer.
iam4car3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam4car3 View Post
I don't sell as much on ebay as most of the members of this forum but for some reason this year I have found that over 90% of my auctions that I list with a buy it now or best offer no one buys or make a best offer.
i am in the same boat as you........ Jug would completely disagree though. he seem to loike the BIN/BO.

i listed an aution with a BIN/BO for $150......... got one offer for $60. i relisted as an auction and ended up getting $180 for it...... ????? i like the no reserve auctions better than anything.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

People are funny. I set up at a mall show and put a sign up on a starting line up ( when those were popular ) that said "free". Two teenage guys came around and one of them offered me and paid me $2.00 for it. I lost a bet with a friend of mine on that one.
sammyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

I only list using Fixed Price BIN. I don't use a best offer because the buyer thinks the BIN is a firm price and I almost always get that price. You have to have a very reasonable BIN price when you list. Even if you lower your price a few days later it seems 90% of a listing views happens in the first and last hour of each auction. If you have a reasonable price buyers are willing to pay a premium so they don't have to wait a week for an auction to end. BIN is VERY effective during the first few days of an products street date. I can't tell you how many items I have sold for $10 and completed auctions for the same item are 1/2 that price. Almost every one of my BIN sales these days is someone who goes on to buy more than one of my items to save on shipping. With auctions this is much harder to ensure you will win the multiple items.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote