Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow Hey, COMC! I have a question for you!

We need a processing special STAT!

Any chance in the near future?

Near future = in the next month.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

I will second this...
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hi, TheHeel (and pearljam_cubbies).
We're still hiring and training to keep up with the current pace of order growth! There'll be processing specials in the future, but I wouldn't expect any for the next month or two.
Thanks!

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a question for Comc. Why not have a second option where a Seller can have His cards up on auction style listing like ebay. Once the auction is over. The money goes straite into Your account. And the Winner gets the card. If You did this. I would say You have more than 50% or more of ebay's bussiness within a month or two.
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

Probably a programming nightmare.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINS4LIFE View Post
I would say You have more than 50% or more of ebay's bussiness within a month or two.
at least you were being conservative
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Please be NOTHING like EBay ... EVER
adubbullu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

No. Not like Fleebay. But something like it. You still would have to go thru the process of sending Your cards in. The only difference is that You would have an option of the regular way things are sold on there now. Or be able to start an auction that lasts one day. Or as far as seven days. Your already charged the twenty cents for listing the cards anyways.

And once the auction ends. BAMM. The money is in Your account. And the Bidder has His newly won card in His account.

And You don’t have to worry about a lot of different types of Headaches. IE: Buyers remorse, Scams, NPB.

And not having to wait for payment for more than a week if The bidder will actually pay.

I also would change to Dwolla if they offered it to get away from PP.
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Never happen nor should it....I doubt COMC wants to deal with all those headaches
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Alot of sellers are at comc to get away from auctions and have a store that they are willing to pay more than an ebay store and not have to do some of the work.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINS4LIFE View Post
I also would change to Dwolla if they offered it to get away from PP.
We'll look into it.

As far as auctions go, some of you may recall a while ago when we tested portfolio auctions. We eventually decided in favor of the classified ad system instead. With a classified ad you can "auction" a card or a whole port, or you can simply list the price you'd like. It gives people a lot more flexibility than a hard-coded system and the price barrier prevents it from becoming flooded.
Thanks!

-Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

There are many reasons to hate eBay, but I don't think that the mere existence of an auction format is high on that list. I'd love to see COMC auctions which are actual auctions, where current bid is known. I really don't want to spend serious time figuring out my top dollar bid if the whole thing is going to be sold before I can place the bid. I would prefer a format where a bid extends the time frame of the auction, so that auctions don't devolve into a bunch of last-second snipes. Another card site has an auction format with time-extended bidding and it seems to work just fine.

It would be nice if sellers could subdivide their port into several mini-ports, and auction just the mini-port. That way, they could blow out the cards they want to blow out at 50% off asking price or 10% of book or whatever, and they could also build up a nice collection of cards where they might want a higher guide price and a selling price which is closer to asking price.

When approving ads, please make sure that the ad actually makes sense. One bugaboo in the system right now is that if there is no ad title, you can't actually click on the ad. Sometimes it just says "PORT SALE - nameofseller". If you click on "PORT SALE" you get all the ads in the PORT SALE section, and if you click on nameofseller, you get that seller's cards, but you can't actually see their terms or bid on their port.

There have been other instances where the terms of the ad aren't actually possible, like the asking price of the port is below what COMC will accept as a minimum bid, or where the wording of the ad is difficult to comprehend. I realize that the $2 "approval fee" is mostly to filter out profanity and defamation, but I wouldn't mind if it was used to improve the content of the ad. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just the fact that people would need to have the money in thier account to place a bid would be reassuring for sellers. That would take non paying bidders out of the equation right from the start. You cant place a bid higher then what you have available in your account and that money is frozen until the aution ends. Thats genius. Your money is frozen on offers until the seller responds anyway, so whats the diffrence?