Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
raidersfan1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: bayside, ny
Posts: 3,489
Default Sellers beware, block this ebay buyer

I wanted to warn every one of a situation I have found myself in that has put me to the point where I may close my E-Bay account and not deal there again.

Recently, (January through now) a buyer, his ID being simale, bought 6 cards from my recent 10 case BDPP and 2 case Bowman Platinum breaks. What follows is a rather in depth recap of what happened.

On January 5th he bought 2 items from me, another on january 7th.

On January 9th he sent me the following message:

Hello,

Thanks for your business. I wanted to let u know that I am still bidding on your other items and will pay as soon as finished.

Much appreciated and thanks again, Jeff

My Response was:

no problem just let me know when u need me to reinvoice you. regards and happy bidding, bryan

On January 15th he bought 3 more cards from me.

He sent the following message the next day:

Hi, how ya doin? Thanks for your business. I was hoping that you would consider giving me more of a break on the combined items ship charge since I ordered so much? Closer to actual ship cost? It would be greatly appreciated and I will add you to my favorite seller's list. Thanks much, Jeff

I responded:

Hi invoice sent, first class shipping is 5.29, it is .50 for each card after the first. If paid today should ship tomorrow or wednesday! have a nice day, bryan

Now my base shipping is 2.79 plus .50 after (in this case an additional 2.50). I sometimes will make an exception if someone raises a stink, but that not withstanding he paid and didn't send another message to me about the shipping costs.

As I have never had an issue before I thought nothing of it. Then on Feb 8th I get an item not received claim on this item: Anderson Platinum Auto

I called ebay and said it was shipped and delivered, they said no problem we will pay the claim as you have never had an issue before, so i sent him a message as follows:

Hi, I spoke with ebay and the case has been taken care of. I apologize if the card was not in your package, it was mailed out, but perhaps somewhere along the way it disappeared or was packaged with another persons cards. If it ends up finding its way back to me somehow I will send it out to you free of charge. Regards, sorry and have a nice day. Bryan

Now again I was thinking the matter is resolved and moved on as he got his money back on what "was not received". What follows makes me sooooo angry I can't even explain.

On Feb 9th he leaves me negative feedback stating: "Over-Charged Me For Shipping Combined Items & Doesn't Care If U Like It Or Not" on a different card then the one he filed claim on.

I was livid, called ebay they said leave a reply, so I did on Feb 12th. My angry took hold so I started doing some research on the buyer and checked out the feedback he had been leaving for people see below:

His last 200 Feedback Left

I noticed a trend, it looked like this had happened before. I started reaching out to the other sellers and got responses back of the next few weeks from about 6 of them basically saying, he claimed to never get my item from a multiple purchase, filed a claim against me then left me negative feedback.

Now let's look closer at what happened before I continue the story. He basically I guess wanted to pay roughly my base shipping price of ($2.79 for all items) instead he paid an extra $2.50, when you look at the card he filed for not receiving it cost him $2.02, plus .50 shipping, so he got refunded $2.52.

When I truly realized what had happened I just got livid , called ebay to have them investigate, they said, well make sure to leave follow-up feedback on the feedback you had left him to warn other sellers, so I did, also on Feb 12th. Basically it stated what had happened to this point. On February 16th he sent me a personal e-mail saying "You have 5 more negatives coming cause u chose to slanderously reply to my negative feedback as u did. Hope it was worth it." He did this so ebay couldn't track and wouldn't allow it to be included in any case.

On February 15th he leaves 2 more negative feedbacks as follows "Over-Charges U For Shipping Combined Items & Doesn't Care If U Like It Or Not", when i tried to pick them out I noticed he left 3 other negative feedbacks for people the same day (who later confirmed the same scam was run on them).

Another call to ebay yielded nothing more then we will file another inquiry for you on buyer and have your feedback reviewed. I had the other sellers do the same that had been kicked by this guy.

On February 27th 3 more negative feedbacks from him complete the 6 adn they state:

RUDE SELLER, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, OVERCHARGED FOR SHIPPING
I Dont Appreciate Being Overchargd For Shipping & Then For Not Sending All Items
WARNING!! Seller Made Mistake & Then Has Nerve 2 Insult Customer! Unprofessional

Now for the record aside from calling ebay and sending him the message way up above apologizing for him never receiving the card I had not contacted him at all. I call ebay beyond pissed, file a fraud claim against him, since he claimed to not get an item he received and a buyer abuse claim based on what he had done to me and others.

Then on February 29th I get the final straw. Another personal e-mail from him stating:

"nice try, but your follow-ups have been removed. how dare u accuse me of fraud? u didnt deliver all my items, so it is u who is a fraud. on an unrelated note, i dont appreciate u trying to rape me on shipping and your attitude about it. Enjoy the negatives as they are well deserved. c.nt"

So i go and look and every follow-up I left on his feedback and my initial feedback is removed. Can you say livid. Should I consider a lawyer? I know it is 6 feedback, but it is the principal of the thing to me. Beyond that, I wouldn't buy from someone like me with all those negatives (disclaimer the other 4 negative the past year were from cards my father sold using my acct and he just ships sooooooooo slowly, lol).

What should I do, anything else I haven't done?

MORALE OF THE STORY, BLOCK BUYER *****SIMALE*****

YOU CAN DO SO HERE
__________________
Always looking for Jordany Valdespin, Eddie Butler, Chris Archer, Braden Shipley, Kevin Ziomek and 2006 Allen and Ginter Carl Lewis Cards Block EBAY 2013elamis

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-21-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: see mod log
raidersfan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,248
Default

Blocked. Thanks for the info.
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3
Default Waa! Sniffle Sniffle

Ya Big Crybaby!

Nobody Cares, so make better use of your time. You should have delivered all of the customer's items and cut him a fair combined items discount. It is you who deserve to be blocked as a seller. Lesson Learned I guess.

AND: The Raiders Totally Suck.

Last edited by simale; 05-18-2012 at 04:39 AM.
simale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Copeskey45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simale View Post
Ya Big Crybaby!

Nobody Cares, so make better use of your time. You should have delivered all of the customer's items and cut him a fair combined items discount. It is you who deserve to be blocked as a seller. Lesson Learned I guess.
WOW!!!!!! You have ALOT OF NERVE to even post on this thread. I hope you got a good lawyer.
__________________
Blowouts JAKE BARRETT collector!
Copeskey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simale View Post
Ya Big Crybaby!
us sellers who take ebay seriously hate idiots like you sir...so go bang your head up against the wall several times for me,thanks creep!
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3
Default

People Have alot of nerve to defend themselves? I have the same right to post as do you or anyone else, so blow me.

I am the buyer's lawyer, thank you for asking. The buyer has nothing to hide and it is the seller who should be ashamed. Seller's facts are skewed, inaccurate, biased, and downright untruthful. There are 2 sides to every story and buyer should have the right to respond to false claims and undeserved blacklisting.

The real victim is the buyer because he has been viciously slandered and blacklisted by nothing more than false accusations. A lawsuit against seller will be filed for malicious attempted defamation of character. The fact is that buyer legitimately filed claim with paypal because card was missing from package. Should a buyer not file a claim when he doesnt receive all his items?

The seller is at fault for not delivering item. The seller's accusation of fraud and scam is only an accusation. Just because he accuses it, doesnt mean it is so. His claim is unfounded. His story is only an account of what he wants to believe and what he wants others to believe. Seller is in denial that he made a mistake. The seller is at fault because whether intentional or not, he didnt deliver all the items and tried to get away with it. Seller made a mistake and then has a nerve to accuse a buyer.

Additionally, seller grossly overcharged for shipping multiple items to his own admittance. Should a buyer not have a valid complaint with that? Customer shouldnt have to make a "stink" in order to receive a fair ship charge. Seller violated Ebay's policies and received warning and is why his attempted slanderous feedback was removed.

MORALE OF THE STORY, Please make a habit of keeping an open mind and learning all the facts before believing everything you read, otherwise you are ignorant.
simale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3
Default

The buyer takes Ebay as serious as anyone. You presumed too much by assuming a lack of seriousness with the matter. Buyers and people in general hate idiots such as you who assume things without knowing all the facts.

Last edited by simale; 03-25-2013 at 03:20 AM.
simale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
possom813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Corsicana Tx
Posts: 1,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simale View Post
People Have alot of nerve to defend themselves? I have the same right to post as do you or anyone else, so blow me.

I am the buyer's lawyer, thank you for asking. The buyer has nothing to hide and it is the seller who should be ashamed. Seller's facts are skewed, inaccurate, biased, and downright untruthful. There are 2 sides to every story and buyer should have the right to respond to false claims and undeserved blacklisting.

The real victim is the buyer because he has been viciously slandered and blacklisted by nothing more than false accusations. A lawsuit against seller will be filed for malicious attempted defamation of character. The fact is that buyer legitimately filed claim with paypal because card was missing from package. Should a buyer not file a claim when he doesnt receive all his items?

The seller is at fault for not delivering item. The seller's accusation of fraud and scam is only an accusation. Just because he accuses it, doesnt mean it is so. His claim is unfounded. His story is only an account of what he wants to believe and what he wants others to believe. Seller is in denial that he made a mistake. The seller is at fault because whether intentional or not, he didnt deliver all the items and tried to get away with it. Seller made a mistake and then has a nerve to accuse a buyer.

Additionally, seller grossly overcharged for shipping multiple items to his own admittance. Should a buyer not have a valid complaint with that? Customer shouldnt have to make a "stink" in order to receive a fair ship charge. Seller violated Ebay's policies and received warning and is why his attempted slanderous feedback was removed.

MORALE OF THE STORY, Please make a habit of keeping an open mind and learning all the facts before believing everything you read, otherwise you are ignorant.

Wow, I've never heard of an attorney representing/defending someone tell another person to,"Blow Me", at least not in a public forum where it could be used against said attorney.

If you are, in fact, said attorney representing an ebay customer with the screen name of "simale", which State are you licensed in and are you certified by that State's Board of Legal Specialization?

Also, I'm slightly confused by your statement and the original poster's statement. "simale" requested that raiderfan1983 wait until he won all of the auctions he was bidding on to send one invoice, correct? That being said, if it were me, and I was shipping several cards to one individual, they'll all be going in the same mailer, and I assume raiderfan1983 thinks like I do and shipped all of the cards in the same mailer.

If that is so, then how would your "client" explain receiving all of the other cards that were delivered, as promised, and the single card wasn't?

Also, as for your "client" being grossly overcharged, he was well-informed of the cost before the completion of the auction, and accepted those charges when he agree to purchase said items.

As for this

Quote:
A lawsuit against seller will be filed for malicious attempted defamation of character.
First off, if you're going to attempt a lawsuit on these grounds, you're not a very good attorney.

Here's a bit of information you may enjoy about your lawsuit

Defamation with malicious intent invalidates the defense of fair comment and qualified privilege. Defamation that imputes a criminal offense punishable with imprisonment, is usually a sufficient ground for a court action even in the absence of a proof of special damages.

I don't see the raidersfan1983's comments as malicious, or libel(which would have made a more believable lawsuit).

And for the big words, 'fair comment' as stated above simply means that you have an opportunity to respond, such as you have.

As you said, two sides to every story, so lets hear yours
__________________
Looking for Mitch Moreland & Craig Gentry RC's, #'d, & autos
possom813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simale View Post
Ya Big Crybaby!

Nobody Cares, so make better use of your time. You should have delivered all of the customer's items and cut him a fair combined items discount. It is you who deserve to be blocked as a seller. Lesson Learned I guess.

AND: The Raiders Totally Suck.
You should start buying your cards in person. Never in my life have I seen a person have so many issues.

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by simale
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,387
Default

If you don't like the shipping charges then don't bid. Asking after the fact and leaving negs if the seller doesn't cave in is feedback extortion.

Last edited by bigzig; 05-18-2012 at 05:50 AM.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 7,031
Default

Two quick questions for you simale:

1. What is "malicious attempted defamation of character?"

2. In what state(s) is/are you licensed to practice law and what is/are your bar number(s)?
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
ifish73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. New Jersey
Posts: 3,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simale View Post
People Have alot of nerve to defend themselves? I have the same right to post as do you or anyone else, so blow me.

I am the buyer's lawyer, thank you for asking. The buyer has nothing to hide and it is the seller who should be ashamed. Seller's facts are skewed, inaccurate, biased, and downright untruthful. There are 2 sides to every story and buyer should have the right to respond to false claims and undeserved blacklisting.

The real victim is the buyer because he has been viciously slandered and blacklisted by nothing more than false accusations. A lawsuit against seller will be filed for malicious attempted defamation of character. The fact is that buyer legitimately filed claim with paypal because card was missing from package. Should a buyer not file a claim when he doesnt receive all his items?

The seller is at fault for not delivering item. The seller's accusation of fraud and scam is only an accusation. Just because he accuses it, doesnt mean it is so. His claim is unfounded. His story is only an account of what he wants to believe and what he wants others to believe. Seller is in denial that he made a mistake. The seller is at fault because whether intentional or not, he didnt deliver all the items and tried to get away with it. Seller made a mistake and then has a nerve to accuse a buyer.

Additionally, seller grossly overcharged for shipping multiple items to his own admittance. Should a buyer not have a valid complaint with that? Customer shouldnt have to make a "stink" in order to receive a fair ship charge. Seller violated Ebay's policies and received warning and is why his attempted slanderous feedback was removed.

MORALE OF THE STORY, Please make a habit of keeping an open mind and learning all the facts before believing everything you read, otherwise you are ignorant.
Just like saying `a friend of mine has this problem'
__________________
Looking for 1995 Marvel Metal
Also looking for Doctor Who Battles in Time and autographed index cards
ifish73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Two quick questions for you simale:

1. What is "malicious attempted defamation of character?"

2. In what state(s) is/are you licensed to practice law and what is/are your bar number(s)?
1. Some cool termed he found when he used google.

2. Don't expect a response.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

So let me get this straight. You try to scam on ebay. You get caught, so you sign up for a membership on here and then have your attorney come to your house to post for you on a public sports cards forum? Does he update your status on FB as well?
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simale View Post
Eat me you ignorant fool! The buyer takes Ebay as serious as anyone. You presumed too much by assuming a lack of seriousness with the matter. Buyers and people in general hate idiots such as you who assume things without knowing all the facts. Bang this right here, creep!
You dare call people ignorant? You happen to be put on a distributor black list and it was sent out on a bulk e-mail.

I say this over and over - numbers don't lie, only people.

Oh ya, God Bless
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 17,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simale View Post
Ya Big Crybaby!

Nobody Cares, so make better use of your time. You should have delivered all of the customer's items and cut him a fair combined items discount. It is you who deserve to be blocked as a seller. Lesson Learned I guess.

AND: The Raiders Totally Suck.
Believe me people care and there is going to be A LOT of people blocking you now.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

interesting lets keep the comments coming lol
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 178
Default

I blocked him as well, thanks. Funny how it's usually the people buying .99 items causing all the trouble. I had a guy who claimed to be the robin hood of eBay, fighting for the rights of all eBay buyers against high shipping charges. I charged him $2 + .25 for two additional cards.
bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucho View Post
I blocked him as well, thanks. Funny how it's usually the people buying .99 items causing all the trouble. I had a guy who claimed to be the robin hood of eBay, fighting for the rights of all eBay buyers against high shipping charges. I charged him $2 + .25 for two additional cards.
Let me guess...claimed to be a "card cop", and said something about having MS right?
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
kevinshreves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roanoke TX
Posts: 2,620
Default

Just changed his name to......

elamis2013
kevinshreves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 144
Default

This thread is AWESOME - like a good book, Im just starting on Ebay and thought it was a useful read... totally didn't anticipate the buyer jumping into the fray by posting on here.

Crazy.. Just had to comment

Can't believe more people haven't weighed in on this
Norcalssg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

This shows eBay's issue as well. It's clear what he does yet eBay doesn't do anything more. If you see many sellers have perfect feedback ruined byu the same guy... that should raise white flags
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SF Giants, SF 49ers, SJ Sharks
Posts: 962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
Just changed his name to......

elamis2013
and just made all this feedback private so we can't see anything anymore....
__________________
I'm always looking to buy high-end multi-sport lots. PM me with what you have!
bigal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
aja3217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Big Ten Country!
Posts: 1,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal View Post
and just made all this feedback private so we can't see anything anymore....
Thanks for posting his new user name!
__________________
Bucket: http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/drew724/library/
PC Bucket - Luck/Manning/Wayne/Votto: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/drew724/library/Personal%20Collection
aja3217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,127
Default

Ebay name changed to elamis2013
horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.