Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to susiferchris
Default Creases!!!!

I have been getting a lot of jersey/patch cards from the bay that have a nice big juicy crease along the edge of the relic, and would love to know why people can't and won't use a GD decoy in the front of the card!!!!

I just got a 2010/11 Contenders Paul George, and the GD card has a crease near the patch on the left hand side. I also noticed that the card isn't the same card from the scan/photo. I emailed the SOB, and asked him why he sent me a card that wasn't the one advertised, and why it has a crease on it. I sure can't wait to here his excuses.

And before you ask, yes I am MAD BRO!!!

http://photobucket.com/susiferchris
susiferchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Had the same thing on a SPX jersey auto of Roy Hibbert. Got it for a very very low price so never complained, just left him a neutral feedback...
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
Had the same thing on a SPX jersey auto of Roy Hibbert. Got it for a very very low price so never complained, just left him a neutral feedback...
Why? You should never leave feedback without contacting the seller. He probably would of let you keep the card and refund you.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Why? You should never leave feedback without contacting the seller. He probably would of let you keep the card and refund you.
Well first of all it was like $2

and second I was an eBay rookie. Didn't know much but yeah... I wouldn't let that happen again.
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiferchris View Post
I have been getting a lot of jersey/patch cards from the bay that have a nice big juicy crease along the edge of the relic, and would love to know why people can't and won't use a GD decoy in the front of the card!!!!

I just got a 2010/11 Contenders Paul George, and the GD card has a crease near the patch on the left hand side. I also noticed that the card isn't the same card from the scan/photo. I emailed the SOB, and asked him why he sent me a card that wasn't the one advertised, and why it has a crease on it. I sure can't wait to here his excuses.

And before you ask, yes I am MAD BRO!!!
There are a lot of patch cards that come out of the pack with a crease by the relic. It most likely isn't from failing to use a decoy while shipping. But I agree it should have been stated in the auction. I've shipped thousands of cards w/o using decoys and I have never had a problem.
jr24ai3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
There are a lot of patch cards that come out of the pack with a crease by the relic. It most likely isn't from failing to use a decoy while shipping. But I agree it should have been stated in the auction. I've shipped thousands of cards w/o using decoys and I have never had a problem.
Same here, I've shipped a ton of cards without a decoy without issue. However, to help limit it even more I use decoys with cards over a certain value(if they arent in magnetics).
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to susiferchris

Deoy Please.

Go there and find post number 9, I believe the card was damaged long before I got it, but he sent me a different card than the one in his scan. Most people don't look for creases, so don't think it doesn't happen. I look over the cards I buy. I am not a perfectionist, but I do ask for honesty.

http://photobucket.com/susiferchris
susiferchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I ship thousands of cards per year. I never used decoys before 2010. But in late 2010 I had a couple of buyers complain about creases. I did some of my own testing, and in my experience it is very easy for a jersey/patch card to become creased during shipping in a bubble mailer if decoys are not used. Often the damage is very subtle so I don't think many buyers even notice it. But the fact remains that even a slight amount of pressure, from a dime sized object (a thumb, for example), can create a crease in the jersey/patch window. A hand holding a bubble mailer tightly so that they don't drop the bubble mailer, like a mailman for example, is a very likely way to cause a crease in a jersey/patch card. Some jersey/patch cards are more susceptible than others.

When a card is shipped with decoy's on either side of the top loader in a team bag, the same amount of pressure that would crease a non-decoyed card will not crease the decoyed card. This is because the decoy spreads out the pressure over a larger area, and thus the amount of force exerted onto the jersey/patch window is minimal, if any at all, and thus it will be undamaged during normal transit.

Of course there will always be times when no amount of decoys will save a card from damage during shipping. But in my experience, I would never ship a jersey/patch card without a decoy, on both sides of the top loader.

I use cut up pieces of cardboard from the cases I buy, cut to the size of a card. Cardboard, for one, is cheap. It also is stiff enough to spread out the pressure across the entire top loader, however it also very light so it hardly adds to shipping at all. The only downside is the time it takes to cut up the cardboard. But that is minimal if you buy a large paper cutter. It takes me less than 10 minutes to cut up enough decoys to ship 20-30 cards.

Hope this helps.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Alex, you are by far and away my all-time favorite poster on any forum ever!

Clear, coherent explanations with a little bit of science mixed in! Well done sir, well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I ship thousands of cards per year. I never used decoys before 2010. But in late 2010 I had a couple of buyers complain about creases. I did some of my own testing, and in my experience it is very easy for a jersey/patch card to become creased during shipping in a bubble mailer if decoys are not used. Often the damage is very subtle so I don't think many buyers even notice it. But the fact remains that even a slight amount of pressure, from a dime sized object (a thumb, for example), can create a crease in the jersey/patch window. A hand holding a bubble mailer tightly so that they don't drop the bubble mailer, like a mailman for example, is a very likely way to cause a crease in a jersey/patch card. Some jersey/patch cards are more susceptible than others.

When a card is shipped with decoy's on either side of the top loader in a team bag, the same amount of pressure that would crease a non-decoyed card will not crease the decoyed card. This is because the decoy spreads out the pressure over a larger area, and thus the amount of force exerted onto the jersey/patch window is minimal, if any at all, and thus it will be undamaged during normal transit.

Of course there will always be times when no amount of decoys will save a card from damage during shipping. But in my experience, I would never ship a jersey/patch card without a decoy, on both sides of the top loader.

I use cut up pieces of cardboard from the cases I buy, cut to the size of a card. Cardboard, for one, is cheap. It also is stiff enough to spread out the pressure across the entire top loader, however it also very light so it hardly adds to shipping at all. The only downside is the time it takes to cut up the cardboard. But that is minimal if you buy a large paper cutter. It takes me less than 10 minutes to cut up enough decoys to ship 20-30 cards.

Hope this helps.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
Well first of all it was like $2

and second I was an eBay rookie. Didn't know much but yeah... I wouldn't let that happen again.
That makes it worse haha, Just live and learn, but NEVER leave feedback without contacting the seller first.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote