Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is there an affordable way to shop to China with delivery confirmation?

I have an offer for an item on ebay for a card that I wouldn't mind selling. Buyer is in China and does not have much feedback. What is the mist affordable way to ship to China and be protected as a seller if the buyer claims non-receipt?

Would also be interested in an answer to this question for any foreign shipment. Thanks.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you want seller protection (delivery confirmation) to China, USPS Express Mail is the cheapest. But that costs $27-$30.

There is a better way.

USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope, along with eBay shipping and eBay ShipCover Insurance will get you cheaper protection. The total will be around $13-$15. There is no tracking so if the buyer claims non-receipt you will be giving a refund. The upside is you can then file an insurance claim and get back everything. This has worked for me.

I ship anything ~$75-$249 with USPS Priority Mail, and use ShipCover. $250 and up I use USPS Express. Always remember though, it MUST be Flat Rate in both cases, ShipCover does not work with anything except FLAT RATE.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Alex. Never heard of ship cover. Is this something that I can purchase if I am shipping my labels through ebay's checkout system or is it an "after market" type thing, where I buy the label first and then provide that information to ebay? What's the tunraronud time on getting paid for a claim? Any weird requirements to be able to file a claim (ie - must ship on a Tuesday, while wearing a green shirt and using a red pen. . . . .)?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

ShipCover is an eBay insurance plan, so it is available only if you use eBay shipping. There's a checkbox for it on the eBay shipping page, and there's some help there too, so you can read the gory details.

The turn around time is less than a week once you file a claim, at least it was for me. The thing is you have to wait until 30 days past the shipped date to file a claim. If the buyer files an "item not received" on day 20 (for example), and wins the case, you will have to refund the buyer that day, and then wait until day 30 to file your insurance claim, and then wait another 2-5 days to receive your claim.

I'm not an expert in ShipCover, and maybe it's changed since, but the fact is about a year ago I shipped a Kobe auto to Germany for $140, used ShipCover, the buyer won a case of "item not received", I refunded the buyer, and soon after I filed an insurance claim through ShipCover (you file the claim from the item details page), and was paid $140 2-3 days later.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Do you know if it has to be a flat rate envelope or can you use a small flat rate box?

anusinha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've done it multiple times(since alex alerted me to it) with a priority small flat rate box and it works perfectly.
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote