Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Expensive Turbo Lister Glitch

Yo guys,

Right now gallery picture is free, but sooner or later eBay will take that away. What they didn't take away was a glitch that will not remove the gallery picture. You can go into individual listings and turn off the gallery picture but it doesn't work.

It also doesn't work with the mass edit as well.

I can imagine that people who pull stuff in to relist are going to get burned badly by this.

Keep your heads up. TL is one of the better things eBay does, but this could cost quite a bit of money.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

screw ebay, check out

http://www.auctiva.com/listings/landing.aspx
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Jacob,
I may be pumping up my eBay sales after January 1st so that looks like it should help with cutting costs.

Best to All,
Vinny
Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

This has been discussed before. Turbo Lister shows as including the Gallery Fee but if you check you e-BY account, you'll see that you have only been charged the listing fee.
mdb92951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
Thanks Jacob,
I may be pumping up my eBay sales after January 1st so that looks like it should help with cutting costs.

Best to All,
Vinny
Yea since I have used Auctiva I have been so much more succesful. You can save auctions, post unlimted pictures for free, it is all automated with templates and all. I would go ahead and check it out now, it takes a little while to understand the system and all, if you have any question email customer support and they will reply to you within 24 hours, they are really good and it is all free.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Jacob,
Thanks again, I signed up. One thing I've learned is that losing 10 cents on 50 auctions equals 5 bucks that I could have bought lunch with. It all adds up.
Best Always,
Vinny
Old 11-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
Jacob,
Thanks again, I signed up. One thing I've learned is that losing 10 cents on 50 auctions equals 5 bucks that I could have bought lunch with. It all adds up.
Best Always,
Vinny
lol good point
Old 11-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb92951 View Post
This has been discussed before. Turbo Lister shows as including the Gallery Fee but if you check you e-BY account, you'll see that you have only been charged the listing fee.
Yes and when the free gallery deal is over a lot of folks are going to get sucked into paying for gallery because of this glitch. I just listed 430 items, if the error was there on that, we are talking about $150.50.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have used Auctiva for a while now. I like it alot. I started using when I got a new computer that had Vista and TL2 doesn't work with that system. After you get used to it its great it takes a little longer to upload pictures but its ok.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

How does Auctiva make money if the software is free?
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Yes and when the free gallery deal is over a lot of folks are going to get sucked into paying for gallery because of this glitch. I just listed 430 items, if the error was there on that, we are talking about $150.50.
if there's no way around the gallery fee when relisting, then don't relist. just create new auctions without the gallery photo. i know it would be a pain, but you'll save 35 cents on each auction.

if you relist and all the items sell, you'll end up paying the $150.50 you mentioned. if you create new auctions without a gallery, you'll pay $86 in fees. having a gallery won't affect whether or not an item sells.... at least not that much anyway.

basically, is creating new auctions worth the $64.50 you'll save verses relisting the auctions and having to pay the gallery fee.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebjeb1 View Post
How does Auctiva make money if the software is free?
Don't know, I mean you can buy a domain for $9.99 so I guess thats how they make their money.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

OK, So I wanted to try it on Turbo Lister IT did charge me the extra .35 cents for the Gallery. So now how can I get rid of that? I just put a new item in there it wasn't a relist. This could make alot of people unhappy. Maybe that is why the guy made the Bomb threat on them.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Go back to Turbo Lister and Click on your Activity Log you will see what Fee you paid for each Auction.
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

I think we have 2 different issues confused here. If I am not mistaken, KMD started the thread to say that he discovered that once you list an item with the gallery picture, you cannot edit and take the gallery off the listing. In otherwords, if you relist the same auction you are stuck with the gallery picture. It is a software glitch and hopefully they are working on it.This is a different issue than the free gallery that is being offered. We discussed this before and if using Turbo Lister, it shows that you are charged the .35 but when you actually list them on Ebay, the fee is removed. Check your Ebay account and you will see you were NOT charged for gallery.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

I wasn't charged for the gallery photo, but I suspect if you relist after the promotion is over you will be charged for it and you can't get rid of it in TL2.