Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be nice (and honest)...

Here's the run down. I have been investing in a bit of silver lately as there are very few autographs I can buy right now, so figured I'd get back into buying it. Well, I bought a few nice rounds and bars, including from a fairly new seller. (7 feedback at the time.)

So, fast forward about 3-4 days and I get two packages from the same seller. I open them up, and while I bought only 2 rounds...I had 4 in my hands. Well, of course like all people, I have that moment of "well, it's his mistake, I should keep it." Well, I decide to be an honest person and e-mailed the person.

I get an e-mail back with his address saying to send it back, he'd appreciate it. So, I just say I need money to send them back to him. Not because I don't have the money, but because he's knew and it's his mistake, so I see no reason to risk my money. So, I get a nasty message tonight saying he was giving me a week to get $5.25 together to send them back or he would get e-bay involved.

So...I e-mailed him back saying that I just want the money to ship it back and it will go out right away. Thinking I just might call e-Bay tomorrow and get them involved right away. Best part is, I check his feedback today and he has a negative feedback from a buy that was unhappy with the seller as well. So, looks like being honest this time just isn't paying off well.

HOF Auto needs (276/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Dude, if he won't pay you to send something back that you didn't buy, there is nothing Ebay can do in the first place. He's an idiot. Keep the change
Old 03-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I dont understand what he is going to have ebay do? They can't make you do anything.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am sure it's just an attempt to scare me. He got back and said Saturday was fine, but told him still waiting on the money to ship it back. I am in no rush, trust me. I have them and whenever he gets his act together, he gets them back. Simple as that. Otherwise they will stay with me. He fights me again on it and I can almost promise at least a neutral if not a negative.

HOF Auto needs (276/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

exactly..its his screwup, he should pay

although, I'd be careful, he may end up claiming that you didn't send it back to him, but since it is not an EBAY purchase (on the return), I don't think he can do anything to you
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote