Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

that is such a sick showcase. amazing.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:11 AM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocsta2323 View Post
Crazy display case man.. and I'm glad I got to see those 2 cards in person as I was buying some supplies and a couple BDPP boxes just before they closed. I'm thinking I might want to commission you to take a look at all my ungraded Bowman autos and advise me on which ones to send in as I haven't gotten into grading really.
Feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to take a look and you're more than welcome to send some in on my next sub. I get a decent deal these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOOSH
That blue Lawrie
Someone just sold one on ebay for $615

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Wow, with those for sell I am sure you will have a great show. One living legend and another soon to be, IMO. Good luck and 2 crazy pulls for the day.
Thanks man. i didnt see many dealers with any quality prospect stuff. lots of fake memorabilia and shitty vintage (kidding with both statements of course- i know nothing about either).

Jack is off to BGS unless I sell it this weekend for $400+. RG3 is too O/C though could still probably gem with a 9 since these Leaf metals grade well. Ebay avg looks to be ~$150-let's see if I can sell it for $200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Good luck guys--I'm hoping to make it up there some time to one of the shows. Too bad I'll be working this weekend
split cost of replacement worker with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmasterp View Post
What % higher than ebay prices are you able to get by selling those at a show (those = Harper/Lawrie Base & Autos). I'm assuming you get more since they are in your case and not on ebay.

I have no intentions of ever setting up at a show or ending up with an inventory like that, I'm just curious, bc I know shows like that probably charge a ton for table.s
I have no idea since this is my first real show. I just started back last fall.

My prices are based on a number of factors of course including ebay averages, my cost, fungibilty, etc. It will be fun for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
that is such a sick showcase. amazing.
My favorite card is in there. Thanks again. I sort of hope no one takes my $800 firm asking price.

Last edited by Jenkinssssss; 03-30-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #28 (permalink)

You have my old Stanton blue 9.5! Starting to miss that one. Are you going to be at the Tristar show in San Francisco April 13-15?
darscards35kd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #29 (permalink)

you got any colored bauer's in that pretty case of yours

http://photobucket.com/my_cards
bagallim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by darscards35kd View Post
You have my old Stanton blue 9.5! Starting to miss that one. Are you going to be at the Tristar show in San Francisco April 13-15?
Did you grade it? how many times did you try to get the auto bumped? I've tried twice now to no avail--even though it's better than 2 9/10 bases I had.

Tristar's a bit far (about 100x) as I'm right outside DC. I would love to, but doubt I could get a kitchen pass as the wife is due any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagallim View Post
you got any colored bauer's in that pretty case of yours
i play my cards like my fantasy baseball.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #31 (permalink)

Awesome display! I'll be attending tomorrow to grab a Julio Jones and Sean Lee auto.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Broscards

Nice display!! I was there last night screaming with you when that Nasty jack came out!
Broscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #33 (permalink)

A friend of mine graded it then I traded for it. I never tried regrading it
darscards35kd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #34 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by darscards35kd View Post
A friend of mine graded it then I traded for it. I never tried regrading it
And then you traded it to me Kind of wish I still had it. Although a 10 auto grade would make that a out of this world amazing card.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

Went to Chantilly yesterday and I found the October show far superior to this one based on the quality of dealers and deals to be had. Some observations

- The show world has turned into Dime, Quarter and Dollar boxes. Some good deals to be found, but it has to be tough to profit from your table at these small of increments.
- Blowout was there promoting the Fantastic Store with $10 off coupons
- There are still some really great people in the hobby. I had a pleasure of speaking with many nice dealers, but conversely there are a bunch of miserable cuss dealers that should just hang it up.
- Not many cheap Auto/Jerseys to be found, especially in Baseball.
- Most of the good deals I found were in Vintage 50 cent and $1 dollar boxes. I found a gorgeous 1968 Topps Mickey Lolich, 1964 Topps Mickey Lolich RC and some sharp 1963 Topps Baseball High Numbers for a buck each!
- I spent every nickel that I brought. I picked out five dollar cards at the end and had to put one back because I only had $4 left in the wallet.
-2012 Baseball does not appear to be off to a great spot because prices are below pre-sale levels.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Went to Chantilly yesterday and I found the October show far superior to this one based on the quality of dealers and deals to be had.
I agree,last October had many high end dealers there but with NY show last weekend and chicago week before that I think many of the dealers just didn't travel out this way for this one.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote