Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Chantilly,VA Shows....anyone going next weekend??

So I'm guessing there are a couple people here attending the show, but my question is, how long are the lines for autographs?? The players only have a 1 1/2 hour window to do autos and I was going to try and get multiple jersey autographed by players that could be signing during the same window....will that be hard to manage??

Also, what kind of deals have you found out there? Looking for some good deals on autos/game used/rookies....maybe digging in those $1-2 boxes!....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

might be able to go, depending on my Demarco signing time that same day. If it is after 4, I can go and get all of the Dallas autos as well as looking in the show for an hour. As for the lines, they are normally not bad, but they have never had this many good signers when I went before
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

No experience with the autograph scene, but there will be a number of bargain boxes with good stuff. Lots of museum quality with twice the price merchandise can also be found.

I am planning on going on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcherry2477 View Post
So I'm guessing there are a couple people here attending the show, but my question is, how long are the lines for autographs?? The players only have a 1 1/2 hour window to do autos and I was going to try and get multiple jersey autographed by players that could be signing during the same window....will that be hard to manage??

Also, what kind of deals have you found out there? Looking for some good deals on autos/game used/rookies....maybe digging in those $1-2 boxes!....
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Lots of museum quality with twice the price merchandise can also be found.
So I'm guessing this statement means there will be cards selling for more than worth?? High prices as well??....I'm not reading this....and anyone with Autograph comments as far as the wait and possibility of getting multiple autographs within the given windows....
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

if blowout goes there, at least you will have a good source of boxes!!
dwest13cavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwest13cavs View Post
if blowout goes there, at least you will have a good source of boxes!!
wasn't on there dealer list....
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

got a link for signings?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'll be attending, as this will be my 4th show. The lines aren't too bad, they do a pretty bang up job of keeping them moving and getting people in and out. They usually let around 15 people at a time go, depending on the number on your autograph ticket. Best way to go is to get advance tickets off their website before the show; that's the way I've always gone and every time I've gotten a top 10 ticket, plus they hold them for you at the check-in booth. The line inside to purchase auto tickets for the players at the show can get a little long though.

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/bewareofmd/library/?sort=3&page=1#!
bewareof94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Broscards

The autographs are easy. You buy a ticket and they call out Jason Witten Tickets 1-50 or whatever.. you have a ticket and are in line, you get ink.

However, steeler fans are NUTS for their black and gold haha.

I will be there - and as far as blowout being there, the store is about 3 minutes from the expo center - so if you cant find good prices on wax, just hop in the car lol.

Here is the list of signees
Broscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I'll be going also. I live about 30 mins from the expo center. I'll be the guy wearing ND stuff carrying a Reggie Bush Framed Auto'd jersey around trying to sell it. I've GOT to get this crap out of my ND room. It's a SIN to have that crap in my basement. If you see me, say hello!
TrueIrishFan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'll be going Saturday for Julio Jones. Wasn't aware blowout was that close. Do they have a retail shop type set up?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Broscards

yeah they have a retail store!
Broscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

any other suggestions for the show...?? I'm still waiting to confirm my hotel if I decide to go....wanted to hear some more good stories about what's there OR I'm saving the trip for the Nationals....I can get free hotel stay for Fri/Sat and the rental car is $50 unlimited miles....so outside of gas/food, relatively cheap 6 hr one-way trip....

Looking to pick up autos/game-useds at dirt cheap (good brands, not sage/press pass)....as well as getting some autographs perhaps from Big Ben, Sam Bradford, and Hines Ward....any more stories/comments??
Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

I will be there for sure. Will only get an hour at the show, but when I went in October, picked up a lot of cards that I flipped for over 50% profit on ebay.

I definitely recommend going to hold you over for the National
Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

I went to the last one bought a good amount of cards and did okay with them
looking forward to this one as well
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Chantilly will have lots of dealers with quality and selection comparable to the National Dealers. Since the table price is more affordable you will get more local flavor and often better selection of Autos, Game Used, Quarter Boxes, Dollar Boxes, etc. I will be honest with you on the Game Used/Autos. You may or may not find people blowing these out. I don't remember many people less than $2.00 each at the last show.

Quote:
any other suggestions for the show...?? I'm still waiting to confirm my hotel if I decide to go....wanted to hear some more good stories about what's there OR I'm saving the trip for the Nationals....I can get free hotel stay for Fri/Sat and the rental car is $50 unlimited miles....so outside of gas/food, relatively cheap 6 hr one-way trip....

Looking to pick up autos/game-useds at dirt cheap (good brands, not sage/press pass)....as well as getting some autographs perhaps from Big Ben, Sam Bradford, and Hines Ward....any more stories/comments??
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
I will be there for sure. Will only get an hour at the show, but when I went in October, picked up a lot of cards that I flipped for over 50% profit on ebay.

I definitely recommend going to hold you over for the National
This is making me want to go...I'll take a 50% profit anytime, now all you need to do is tell me what to buy........cause I know I'll end up spending some "business" expenses on a personal item!!....
Old 03-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
This is making me want to go...I'll take a 50% profit anytime, now all you need to do is tell me what to buy........cause I know I'll end up spending some "business" expenses on a personal item!!....
well last show I picked up a Golden Tate patch auto /10 for $12 that I sold for $40, Antonio Brown contenders auto for $8 that I sold for $35. those are just a few
Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
well last show I picked up a Golden Tate patch auto /10 for $12 that I sold for $40, Antonio Brown contenders auto for $8 that I sold for $35. those are just a few
definitely good flips, but I'm going to need about 50-60 of those same flips to make this trip worth it!...at least I'll get a couple autographed jerseys outta the whole deal!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss
Talking Anyone going to Chantilly this weekend? Come meet me and rickyjim!

So there's a big 250 table show in Chantilly, VA with a huge auto lineup including RG3, Vick, and a bunch Steelers.

Guests, Schedule & Pricing

Rickyjim and I have tables 403 and 405. Come say what's up. I'm the good looking one.

Also, bring your crap autos, b/c Eric is always buying!

Here's a quick snapshot of my 1 showcase. Rickyjim has 10x what I do.

Gratuitous stop @ The Fantastic Store to avoid rush hour yielded these 2 no-names:

The Golden Bear is a SP unumbered "base" auto out of 32!!!! RG3 is 82/99.

Hope to see some of you there.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Crazy display case man.. and I'm glad I got to see those 2 cards in person as I was buying some supplies and a couple BDPP boxes just before they closed. I'm thinking I might want to commission you to take a look at all my ungraded Bowman autos and advise me on which ones to send in as I haven't gotten into grading really.
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

That blue Lawrie
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Wow, with those for sell I am sure you will have a great show. Good luck and 2 crazy pulls for the day.

One living legend and another soon to be, IMO.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Good luck guys--I'm hoping to make it up there some time to one of the shows. Too bad I'll be working this weekend
Old 03-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

What % higher than ebay prices are you able to get by selling those at a show (those = Harper/Lawrie Base & Autos). I'm assuming you get more since they are in your case and not on ebay.

I have no intentions of ever setting up at a show or ending up with an inventory like that, I'm just curious, bc I know shows like that probably charge a ton for table.s
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote