Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default How my title should look for player lots

I was curious the best way to sell very small base/insert lots of players. I've done different things, but I wonder if there is a better way? For example, I have 13 Aaron Rodgers Base Cards and 1 insert. There are some dups in the base. And the years also vary. Should I just list Aaron Rodgers 2010 and 2011 14 card base and insert lot. Maybe say the insert card? I've done many different things, with mixed results.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

In my experience, the most important things to get into you title/descriptions are:
  • Player name: "Aaron Rodgers" in the title
  • Team Name: "Green Bay Packers" (or "Packers" if you are running short on characters) in the title
  • "Lot" in the title
  • Also make sure in the item specifics, that you list this item as a LOT
  • I think brand name is more important than year. So put in "Topps" or "Panini" before you put in "2010" or "2011".
I would do something like this:

"(14) Topps Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers QB (13) Base (1) Insert Lot"

And then list out the cards in detail in the item description.

But the off season is not a good time to be selling football cards in lots, unless you do BIN/BO to protect yourself from the low auction. But if you do BIN/BO be prepared for a long wait. Good luck whatever you choose.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
In my experience, the most important things to get into you title/descriptions are:
  • Player name: "Aaron Rodgers" in the title
  • Team Name: "Green Bay Packers" (or "Packers" if you are running short on characters) in the title
  • "Lot" in the title
  • Also make sure in the item specifics, that you list this item as a LOT
  • I think brand name is more important than year. So put in "Topps" or "Panini" before you put in "2010" or "2011".
I would do something like this:

"(14) Topps Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers QB (13) Base (1) Insert Lot"

And then list out the cards in detail in the item description.

But the off season is not a good time to be selling football cards in lots, unless you do BIN/BO to protect yourself from the low auction. But if you do BIN/BO be prepared for a long wait. Good luck whatever you choose.
That would be good actually, looks neat. I just sell player lots for $.99 + $2 shipping and hope I get a bid or two.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
That would be good actually, looks neat. I just sell player lots for $.99 + $2 shipping and hope I get a bid or two.
Ah cool, that's nice. I do that too sometimes. There are some collectors on eBay who don't have a lot of money and really appreciate those lots that they can get for a few bucks.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Ah cool, that's nice. I do that too sometimes. There are some collectors on eBay who don't have a lot of money and really appreciate those lots that they can get for a few bucks.
For sure, and there are new collectors who like to get a nice lot for a handful of bucks, it always works well for me, just never can be satisfy with my title haha.