Blowout Cards Forums
Hallowwen

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Boo

Default COMC - cancelled offers

Anyone else have some d*ckwad that sends you offer after offer...but then cancels it within minutes? They really need to have a way to block offers from people. I've received the same offer from dawgfather67 8 times in the past few days...and he cancels it every time a few minutes after sending.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

In my experience on COMC, it was a battleground of annoyances. Canceled offers, repeated offers over and over, repeated offers incrementally increased by $0.01 that bombard you 40-50 times a day. It was annoying to say the least. The more cards I sent in, the more annoying it got. I got to the point where I could not tolerate it any longer. The annoying COMC dealers won. And COMC lost my business.

I did have an option which I refused: pay $50-$100/month (?) for an account upgrade to be able to auto-block or auto-decline offers. But by that time I was ready to bail and not look back.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

I hear ya. If someone gets annoying with the same offer over and over, I raise the price on the card for a couple days....they usually get the point when I lower it again.

*cough cough divahalley cough*
Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I hear ya. If someone gets annoying with the same offer over and over, I raise the price on the card for a couple days....they usually get the point when I lower it again.

*cough cough divahalley cough*
same here...it will not let you offer more than 50% off the listed price...just do the math and it puts an end to it quickly.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't care if people cancel their offers, but the people who insist on slowly raising their offer by .10 over and over waste a lot of time. I don't know what the solution is, but I would like to have an option to make them a final offer that they can only accept or reject.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

I already brought up this topic in the suggestions thread...jeremy responded and it kinda makes sense as to why we cant block or have a time limit (I may not totally agree), we just have to deal with the annoyances. You can always just ignore the offers and let them expire, or just raise the counters to more than your asking. I think sometimes they are fishing to see if you have auto accept on. Said offeree does it to me everynow and again, as I recognize that user, I had someone else do it this weekend to me too, I didn't even get to finish reading the email for what the offer was and a cancel email came through right away.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote