Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation EBAY FRAUD: Whoever won the Barry Sanders 2011 NT leather HOF Auto beware!

The bidder information is private so I am trying to reach out to whoever just won this Barry Sanders 2011 National Treasures leather hall of fame auto card with inscription. The inscription is fake! I have email confirmation from a Barry Sanders representative/employee. If anyone here won this card or knows who did please contact me and I can forward you the emails so that you can file a claim. Don't let this seller get away with this fraud.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/

Last edited by lionsfan20; 04-16-2012 at 10:34 PM.
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Pretty clearly a different pen used. Not sure why someone would ruin a card like that.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingfan101 View Post
Pretty clearly a different pen used. Not sure why someone would ruin a card like that.
Exactly my thoughts. It makes me angry and sad at the same time how rampant the auto and patch fraud is right now in this hobby. It caught my eye because it was the only inscribed one I had seen. That was also a red flag so I had to check in to it. Barry's people confirmed that his contract for these cards did not include any inscriptions and they were all signed the exactly the same.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Geez isn't getting a Barry auto sweet enough? Does "Hof 04" really add that much to the price? Personally I wouldn't pay any extra for it...
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
Geez isn't getting a Barry auto sweet enough? Does "Hof 04" really add that much to the price? Personally I wouldn't pay any extra for it...
+1 except I would pay a little extra for a nice inscription!

Anybody know if this seller is on here? I would be curious to see if they have an excuse or if they would possibly do the right thing??

Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

wow what a waste to do something that stupid
limitedplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
The inscription is fake! I have email confirmation from a Barry Sanders representative/employee.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
You actually got a response? I wouldn't expect them to know/remember things like that.

Also, that seller has sold a bunch of high end stuff and great feedback so why risk it?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
You actually got a response? I wouldn't expect them to know/remember things like that.

Also, that seller has sold a bunch of high end stuff and great feedback so why risk it?
Yes they keep track of contracts and they had a contract with panini for this product that did not include inscriptions. It is easy to remember that all 20 where signed exactly the same way. As far as the seller goes there is always the possibility that he purchased the card after it was altered and was unaware but I highly doubt that since this card was listed only 2 weeks after product was released. The fact that the ink is a different color and the hand writing doesn't match should have been a big red flag to the seller. This seller has sold tons of auto memorabilia some of which also looks suspect to me so this could be a regular thing for them and maybe they just have not been caught yet.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

The barry sig and the inscription arent even the same color of ink
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

I said to him...
Quote:
Dear carsncardsbsports,

I have seen several of your "Inscribed" auctions go high $ but my issue is I see the barry sanders you sold before but he did not inscribe those confirmed by his rep and the manufacturerand im pretty sure if i contact mr. vicks reps they will inform me he didnt do any inscribing as well... FRAUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
His response:
Quote:
Dear 2ndchanceelectronics2012,

I am mr vicks rep first of all so contact me. Check it out in twitter..... thats #1 and #2 i bought all of the national treasures in a huge deal. And tell ne who you spoke to at panini? Seeing how i speak to them everyday... so before you accuse someone of something, get your facts straight
Old 04-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

I don't know what this seller talking to panini everyday has to do with anything? I guess if he is friends with panini he must be a stand up guy?? lol. Fact is Barry did not inscribe that card and he sold an altered card. If he is so connected at panini then he should talk to them about this card so that they can tell him it has been altered.

This seller also acted very shady when I questioned him about this card. I requested a scan of front and back of card or at least a good straight on photo of front and back since you can barely see the card in the photo. I explained this to him and said I wanted to see the condition of the card better as well as the back of the card with the serial #. He replied once to 3 requests and simply said "it is numbered x/20" and ignored all other questions and requests.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
I don't know what this seller talking to panini everyday has to do with anything? I guess if he is friends with panini he must be a stand up guy?? lol. Fact is Barry did not inscribe that card and he sold an altered card. If he is so connected at panini then he should talk to them about this card so that they can tell him it has been altered.

This seller also acted very shady when I questioned him about this card. I requested a scan of front and back of card or at least a good straight on photo of front and back since you can barely see the card in the photo. I explained this to him and said I wanted to see the condition of the card better as well as the back of the card with the serial #. He replied once to 3 requests and simply said "it is numbered x/20" and ignored all other questions and requests.
Yea he got offended lol quick.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Wow...and sadly I just bought something from him...but on the good side, it's a redemption, so not like I have much to worry about...and got it for about $8 cheaper than than most are selling for. So definitely don't feel bad...not that I really did, but makes me even happier now. lol

HOF Auto needs (276/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

People still buy Barry Sanders' cards?

The ink alone makes it stand out as a fake; what DA's for even purchasing this card!

G
George19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default 2010 National Treasures Dez Bryant 1/1 "sealed" - Is this for real?

Hi Guys. I saw this card on ebay which is purported to be the 2010 Dez Bryant National Treasures autographed signature materials 1/1 card. What concerned me is that it supposedly came factoryt sealed by Panini, like the ones from the "Plates and Patches" collection do. But I have never seen a 2010 National Treasures card that has come in the "Panini" sealed cases.

The link for the ebay auction is:

2010 National Treasure Dez Bryant TRUE 1/1 Rookie Star Patch Auto Panini Sealed | eBay

or you can just search:

"National Treasures Dez Bryant 1/1 sealed"

Can someone let me know if this card is for real, or did someone just stick it in a "Panini" case and try and sell it off as factory sealed? It seems silly to do that, because if it is a true 1/1, that would not be necessary to increase its value. Any guidance would be appreciated. I do love this card, but dont want to buy it if it is not legit. Thanks.
cseradj is offline   Reply With Quote