Blowout Cards Forums
Sport Card Album

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Delivery Confirmation ?

Maybe someone can help with this? I sent a couple cards out on Nov.20 to someone in Il. They got to the PO on nov.27, but the buyer hasn't received them yet. I spoke to someone at the PO and they said they deliver the next day, unless the box is to full,then they leave a form.

The buyer said his box is plenty big (his words). I have emailed him the tracking # 3 times, not sure what else I can do? The d/c shows it was processed at 8:42pm on Nov.27. He buys and sells and has good feedback, so I think he's being honest.

Anyway, what should I do?
Thanks
metsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

This guys starting to be a real pain. I give him the tracking # 3 times, and the status and he expects me to do all the work. I asked him to check with his PO and he won't. Obvisouly, I can't go to his PO (I'm in NY, he's in IL). It would be nice if he met me halfway.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Any chance you can call their post master? If the guy has a PO Box, he's at the post office daily, if not weekly to get his mail, you'd think it would be easy enough for him to stop by and ask them to check the status of it.
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

My 2 cents ... it's your responsibility to ship it ... it's his responsibility to pick it up.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think you've done enough on your end. If it's really just sitting there at his PO, then he can take it from here.
Crash1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Has his PO verified that they still have the item in their possession?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to j_b_77

Ok if the DC # say, "processed" but hasn't said "delivered" then sometimes it takes a while. One of my DC's took almost a month. Buyer just needs to be patient. Delivery is out of your hands. Nothing more you can do period.
j_b_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_b_77 View Post
Ok if the DC # say, "processed" but hasn't said "delivered" then sometimes it takes a while. One of my DC's took almost a month. Buyer just needs to be patient. Delivery is out of your hands. Nothing more you can do period.

That is not always the reason.....I have received many items that the mail carrier fail to scan the DC # before they left in mail box and when I went to PO site 4 days later and checked it still said processed NOT "delivered"
SO if carrier doesn't do their job ....its a reason many take advantage of that and notify Paypal that they never received item from a auction they had won even tho they had received the item...
Just food for thought
Peter newengland4me
newengland4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

The processed comment is interesting, I spoke to someone at the PO. Basically,they said its processed if it arrives after business hours( it arrived after 8:00 pm.) They also said it should arrive the next day, unless the box is too small.or it doen't fit. If thats the case they leave a form.

He doesn't have a PO box. I keep thinking it will arrive at my house in the next few days. He hasn't threatned to contact paypal yet, but I don't know what to expect.

I think he really wants the poley walnuts as he bought it for $16.50, and their back up in the $35-$40 range. Anyway, I would like to help him out, but he's hard to work with.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to j_b_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
That is not always the reason.....I have received many items that the mail carrier fail to scan the DC # before they left in mail box and when I went to PO site 4 days later and checked it still said processed NOT "delivered"
SO if carrier doesn't do their job ....its a reason many take advantage of that and notify Paypal that they never received item from a auction they had won even tho they had received the item...
Just food for thought
Peter newengland4me
I didn't know that. I've never had that happen. I've had people still try to cash in, even after The Dc said they received. Then I tell them and I never hear from them again. That has happened twice where they tried to cash after they received.
j_b_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am having the same problem, only i am on the receiving end. I too, am in illinois. But the cards i am waiting on were shipped on 11/6. The cards didn't get to my post office, they got as far as champaign, il and were processed on 11/8. Nothing since. I have been to my p.o. and the seller has been to his. Nobody knows were they are!! My p.o. worker said that the cards were shipped w/d.c. but that the postage was not correct. If i remember right the postal worker said that there was not enough postage paid to get d.c. on the package. The 3/4 inch rule was violated. She said it would probably go back to the seller with postage due. I don't know, but if it doesn't say delivered it PROBABLY wasn't.
hargy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

I paid for the postage at the post office, so it should be right. I paid $2.05, which is what i usually pay. I keep thinking it will get returned to me.

The buyer just opened a claim. He never responded to me when I asked him what can I do for you. Basically he said i refused to investigate, which is untrue. He won't listen to any info I give him.
Hopefully it can be resolved quickly, but I'm not expecting it!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

He rec'd it today. Maybe things are looking up.