Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Idea for COMC

I may not be the first person to suggest this, but it would be great if COMC could work out something with Beckett or PSA where cards sent to COMC could be immediately graded and posted for sale. I'd definitely be more inclined to get cards graded if something like this was available on COMC.

Last edited by hardballheroes; 05-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.
hardballheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think it would help sales a lot if people could buy a card on COMC and have COMC submit it for grading and then relist it in your account after it was returned from Beckett. Plus I would think based on the size of the orders that would come from COMC that they would get a huge discount in price based on volume.

Over time I think the volume would get so high that BGS would be better off to have someone stationed at COMC to do all the work on site.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you really think people are buying a lot of cards on COMC to get graded? I think that seems a little risky in that it is often hard to tell the condition based on the scans. I'd like to see the card in person before getting it graded. I think it would be good for BGS to grade submitted cards on site. That way there would be a cost savings to the submitter in that shipping would only have to be paid for once.
hardballheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I bought a nice looking 1967 Topps Willie McCovey from COMC and it graded PSA 9, so it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardballheroes View Post
Do you really think people are buying a lot of cards on COMC to get graded? I think that seems a little risky in that it is often hard to tell the condition based on the scans. I'd like to see the card in person before getting it graded. I think it would be good for BGS to grade submitted cards on site. That way there would be a cost savings to the submitter in that shipping would only have to be paid for once.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardballheroes View Post
I know of a couple people that are buying on COMC and based on certain sales I think there are several others.

I have been told about numerous people who buy on eBay to grade and if people will consider buying based on an eBay scan to grade, then I am sure that people will rely on COMC's 4x zoom scans to grade.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hello Everyone,

We are actually considering implementing something like this as a service in the future, but it is still in the idea stage at this point. It will definitely be something we look into down the road.
SJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJen View Post
Hello Everyone,

We are actually considering implementing something like this as a service in the future, but it is still in the idea stage at this point. It will definitely be something we look into down the road.
How long of does it take COMC to get something from the idea stage to implementing it? How long has this been in the idea stage?

This appears to be something that the most difficult part would be to obtain Beckett's cooperation, so when could we expect to see it in place?