Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Attention TheDivaHalleyCards you are the only seller I have an issue with on COMC

I have searched the Blowout threads, and I can see I am not the only one annoyed with your constant ridiculous offers on the same cards over and over and over again.
You offer 50% on the lowest card listed, I counter with 30% off my lowest price, and instead of just rejecting my fair offer, you counter me with the exact same 50% offer you offered 12 times before on the exact same card.

You are not breaking any rules, but what you are doing is annoying as heck.

I do not want to block all 50% offers, because sometimes I accept 50% offers when they are fair relative to the market, or quite often The user and I will negotiate and reach a fair deal.

TheDivaHalleyCards strategy seems to be relentlessly offer 50% in hopes of getting lucky or wearing people down. It is a approach that ruins an otherwise great COMC experience.

I doubt anything will come of this post, or that the Diva \ DivaHalley will even see it, but it felt good to get it off my chest.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Diva was banned from these boards for Transgendered Trolling like we have never seen. Please post this great observation on COMC's Facebook Page. It seems like COMC has put some controls on the Diva selling on their site and have removed all of her horsesqueeze from Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin2200 View Post
I have searched the Blowout threads, and I can see I am not the only one annoyed with your constant ridiculous offers on the same cards over and over and over again.
You offer 50% on the lowest card listed, I counter with 30% off my lowest price, and instead of just rejecting my fair offer, you counter me with the exact same 50% offer you offered 12 times before on the exact same card.

You are not breaking any rules, but what you are doing is annoying as heck.

I do not want to block all 50% offers, because sometimes I accept 50% offers when they are fair relative to the market, or quite often The user and I will negotiate and reach a fair deal.

TheDivaHalleyCards strategy seems to be relentlessly offer 50% in hopes of getting lucky or wearing people down. It is a approach that ruins an otherwise great COMC experience.

I doubt anything will come of this post, or that the Diva \ DivaHalley will even see it, but it felt good to get it off my chest.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is exactly why I stopped using COMC. COMC needs to fix this problem, annoying buyers can drive one insane. COMC says I can just buy a premium account and auto block, etc. Yeah, sure, as if their fees aren't high enough...
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
This is exactly why I stopped using COMC. COMC needs to fix this problem, annoying buyers can drive one insane. COMC says I can just buy a premium account and auto block, etc. Yeah, sure, as if their fees aren't high enough...
I saw one of your other posts Alex about this, and what's interesting, is I have been selling for 10 months now, and I maintain about 2000 - 2500 cards and I have only had an issue with the he\she Diva Halley, I get very few other frivolous offers, perhaps things have gotten better since you quit?

They do have a $15 dollar a month plan that allows limits on offers, but I would have to have like 20,000 in book value before I would want to pay that and be worth it, I would like the Auto Accept Feature, but I don't want to limit others from offering 50% because more often than not we reach a deal. Except for he\she diva halley with whom I have never had a succesful deal.

Last edited by darin2200; 05-19-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

He/she has been sending me the same 50% offer each and every day for the last two weeks. I just hit reject with joy...but do agree it gets annoying
Old 05-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Diva is a freak what more would you except...I love its offers I figure it spends 5-10 minutes searching and putting the offer together and I spend a half of a second rejecting it. The beauty of it is that I dont even look at the cards or the offer I could care less if it was a great offer, I just reject it.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have the lowest prices on COMC on every card I put up when I put it up and this person just continuously offers 50% offers. I'm absolutely willing to listen to offers despite having what I feel are low prices, but come on. Its things like this that are going to drive me back to ebay, heck even ebay only lets someone make 3 terrible offers. I've tried reasoning with it, now I either reject or re-send an offer for .01 off of my full price.
and any Indiana Hoosiers in any sport
marklemerchants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses guys it makes me feel better that it is not just me, I will also do as the DragonMan suggests, don't even look at it, take the second and take joy in rejecting anything from that name.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Same here......every few days, I get the same crap offer from thediva......

Reject, reject, reject.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Funny I planned on calling Comc in the morning to complain
marines4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

The only member on COMC I have problems with as well. I don't reject the offers though. I let them sit until they expire to leave her/his money tied up.
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Boo

She/he did it to me for a while. Instead of reject, I would counter the original price. They would get the hint after about 5 offers and stop sending them. That or just raise the price on the card and be done with it.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

What I hope that comes out of this thread of Jeremy and Tim are getting wind of this, is that we will have the capacity to block a member if need be. If this many people are complaining about one user, then COMC has to do something about it. I think that is a necessary feature to have, and you can't do a blanket "only accepting offers of X amount", because I do accept offers many times from other people, and that is shutting them out.

Some people in this thread wrote about going back to ebay or quitting COMC altogether....and THAT is what should be the concern. If this idiot is making members think of leaving, then COMC either has to give us the ability to block a member, OR, get rid of this person. Maybe if all of us let them know what a nuisance he/she is, they can do something about it. One person shouldn't make an otherwise terrific experience, become something that isn't fun for people.

I just reject quickly now (I tried to let the offer sit there and tie up the money as someone else mentioned, but I can't stand seeing the name up there in my dashboard). That is easy enough to do. Do I have to do that a few times a day, yeah, and it is a a pain, but no biggie. The big problem is the fact that she/he alone could turn off customers, which I never thought about, until I saw some replies in this thread.

I want others who may be thinking or have left, not to let one person do that. 99.5% of the site does not do this. Do you get lowball offers, sure. Is it the same person sometimes, on the same card, sure. That comes with the territory, but at some point every person I have encountered (except one) gets it.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

I for the life of me do not understand why they do not get rid of him. He has been thrown off here, Thrown off COMC facebook. thrown off COMC's blog. I mean what else is left to do.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

OK. Glad I'm not the only one going crazy with this person's offers. As someone else stated, I've just started to ignore them to tie up their funds.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

I don't really mind it. Doesn't really take up all that much of my time and it's occasionally useful to see which of my cards she thinks she can flip. Besides, this individual clearly has some pretty serious issues that go way beyond baseball cards so I mostly just feel sorry for her.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Check out the latest COMC blog entry. 3 strikes and no mo offers.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

To put in a new rule because of one idiot is a shame.I woulda threw his ass off the site.But Divas sales have to be dipping what with no way of communicating and alot of people just rejecting his offers automatically.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

Is it a bot. Every day its the same offer.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Hopefully I dont annoy anyone with my offers....I know I must be offering the same offers to the same sellers once in awhile just because I always target pretty much the same players but I cant remember who has what and who has rejected or whatever. I only throw out tons of offers a couple times a month though...lol
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

The Diva is already 2/3 of the way to offer blocking on my cards!!!!! She has upped her taste to a Robin Yount Mini RC and a 1970 Topps Willie Mays.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

You are lucky......I am ready Diva bring on the offers
Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Glad to see it isnt just me. I have started letting them sit too. Like someone else said, let them tie up their funds for a couple of days.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Did COMC turn off this feature because this morning I received my third offer from the Diva on the Yount and Mays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
The Diva is already 2/3 of the way to offer blocking on my cards!!!!! She has upped her taste to a Robin Yount Mini RC and a 1970 Topps Willie Mays.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

lol I love how after COMC puts in a special rule basically just for them that they are still at it. Are they that dense or just doing it out of spite?
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote