Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/)
-   -   eBay packaging rant!-Pride Needed (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/314133-ebay-packaging-rant-pride-needed.html)

SaxCougar 06-06-2012 10:50 AM

eBay packaging rant!-Pride Needed

I really don't understand why people put so little effort into packaging these days on eBay. If I'm spending $80-100 on cards or even $2 on a card, I want it packed correctly. Things I think we're tired of..

1. Putting a gross amount of cards(recently got 9 cards in 1) in 1 penny sleeve! (stop being cheap and spending the $1 for a pack of 100.

2. Putting cards in horrible looking top loaders that are damaged or scuffed up so bad that seeing the card itself can be hard.

3.Not putting a team bag over top loader

4. Putting a clear piece of tape over a top loader without a team bag(note to people who do that, the card moves in transit and sometimes gets stuck to the tape!)

Take pride it what we do. We provide goods for customers. Ok, my rant is over. Can I get an AMEN?

ssbledsoe 06-06-2012 10:55 AM

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I6GSf.gif[/IMG]

japes3 06-06-2012 11:08 AM

so played out...

p.s. -- buy your own top loaders.

jlzinck 06-06-2012 11:14 AM

Welcome to Blowout Cards.

If you got the card in the condition specified in the auction then please STFU.

If the card was in a different/worse condition please return the card for a refund.

Enjoy the company of someone you are attracted to. Maybe hold hands and walk along a beach.

Thanks and have a swell day!

imbluestreak23 06-06-2012 11:17 AM

Well, I violate your 4th Ammendment practically daily.

I guess I should be kicked off of ebay for delivering your item on time and in great shape since you aren't happy that your toploader looks yucky.

rcgdodge 06-06-2012 11:37 AM

I'll agree with everything but the top loader. Who cares if the top loader is scratched up! You're buying the card! I could understand if its graded, but.......its not.

bcubs 06-06-2012 11:43 AM

I did not realize you were entitled to a brand new, unscathed toploader. I thought you were supposed to receive the item you purchased, safely packaged in the proper materials (penny sleeve, toploader used or otherwise, team bag, bubble mailer) in a timely fashion.

ernieren 06-06-2012 11:51 AM

Number 1 i can agree with .

The rest who cares on top loader because it's about the card not the top loader. Also most of the time people with change the top loader when they get it .

Team bags are nice but some people don't always have and your card can still fall out of the loader so tape on the top loader if done right won't hurt card. Also if people are smart they can place a piece of paper over top first then the tape. Also everything is good as long as your card gets in the cond. you paid for.

SaxCougar 06-06-2012 11:55 AM

Good Thoughts. Maybe I am going over board with the top loaders. But, Hey..if the card is safe. Then ok. Nuff said.

Orangejello727 06-06-2012 12:01 PM

I dont care about used Top loaders. But I hate yellowing Top Loaders that look and smell like a pack of smokes mixed with a bag of $hit. Dont get me started on tape on top loaders either lol.

JayJaxon 06-06-2012 12:02 PM

The toploader, either way...but there is NO excuse for using tape. Use a team bag. It's cleaner.

Cactuspies 06-06-2012 12:19 PM

at least panini is finally using DC and tape on toploaders. I love getting my single cards 1/2 out the toploader and no protection at all.

Shame they don't know how to use online shipping to save themselves $1 a package. (last one I got the other day 2 cards, 2 toploaders, they paid $2.75 to mail to me!) Would have been $1.64 online.

More or less this is me for 1 card:

1 card in softsleeve & toploader
2 place in team bag w/or w/o dummy cards and/or cut up bubble mailer pieces
3 wrap in invoice
4 place in bubble mailer
5 add anything extra if dummy's or other bubble wrap or tissues or plastic bags or packing peanuts or paper towel, or newspaper is not used

monkeymcgee 06-06-2012 12:25 PM

I love how we have the same discussion about this about once every month :D

hche 06-06-2012 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=monkeymcgee;2782742]I love how we have the same discussion about this about once every month :D[/QUOTE]

True. But I think it's more like every 2 weeks.

At least we got more people complaining about not enought packagaing, not like the one that complains about "too secure" packaging.

If the card moves enough to get stuck to the tape, it's probably not the right size of top loader. Topps send me some cards that they used super thick top loaders and super-size mailer, 1 card was floating inside the mailer outside the top loader when I got it. LOL.

mikecancelliere 06-06-2012 01:02 PM

1. Putting a gross amount of cards(recently got 9 cards in 1) in 1 penny sleeve! (stop being cheap and spending the $1 for a pack of 100.
[B]Partly agree[/B]
2. Putting cards in horrible looking top loaders that are damaged or scuffed up so bad that seeing the card itself can be hard.
[B]If it protects the card then who cares... [I]You're[/I] being cheap if you can't buy a new holder when the card comes[/B]
[B]partly agree but team bags can add up if you sell a lot[/B]
4. Putting a clear piece of tape over a top loader without a team bag(note to people who do that, the card moves in transit and sometimes gets stuck to the tape!)
[B]Click the search button and type "tape toploaders". Read established members replies and answer for yourself[/B]

MC80_LCM 06-06-2012 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=mikecancelliere;2782872]
[B]partly agree but team bags can add up if you sell a lot[/B]
[B]Click the search button and type "tape toploaders". Read established members replies and answer for yourself[/B][/QUOTE]

Team bags are cheap as can be. You can get 1,000 on Ebay for under $20.

I actually have had a card damaged that came in a toploader with tape on it before. The card had shifted and one of the corners had been exposed and was bent. I just wrap cards in bubble wrap but I'm lucky that we get a lot of packages that are wrapped in bubble wrap that I just take.

I feel most people are pretty much set in their ways on how they ship and it will be tough to make them change

mikecancelliere 06-06-2012 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=MC80_LCM;2783301]Team bags are cheap as can be. You can get 1,000 on Ebay for under $20.

I actually have had a card damaged that came in a toploader with tape on it before. The card had shifted and one of the corners had been exposed and was bent. I just wrap cards in bubble wrap but I'm lucky that we get a lot of packages that are wrapped in bubble wrap that I just take.

I feel most people are pretty much set in their ways on how they ship and it will be tough to make them change[/QUOTE]

Show me where they're that cheap I would like to buy them

ssbledsoe 06-06-2012 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=mikecancelliere;2783306]Show me where they're that cheap I would like to buy them[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-10-Packs-Ultra-CBG-RESEALABLE-PRO-TEAM-BAGS-TB-/130692752341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6de523d5]1000 (10 Packs) Ultra CBG RESEALABLE PRO TEAM BAGS TB | eBay[/url]

jlzinck 06-06-2012 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=mikecancelliere;2783306]Show me where they're that cheap I would like to buy them[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118_122&products_id=2154]BCW Resealable Team Set Bag - 3 3/8 x 4 1/4 - 100 Pack Case - $149.99 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store[/url]

mikecancelliere 06-06-2012 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=jlzinck;2783450][url=http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118_122&products_id=2154]BCW Resealable Team Set Bag - 3 3/8 x 4 1/4 - 100 Pack Case - $149.99 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store[/url][/QUOTE]

What the F am I going to do with 10,000 team bags ahaha

ArsonCuff 06-06-2012 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=mikecancelliere;2783460]What the F am I going to do with 10,000 team bags ahaha[/QUOTE]

I just use cheapo seal lock/ziplock sandwich bags, fold them to work just like a team bag, put a piece of tape on the outside, and then I can use the extra ones for holding sandwiches or anything else that might fit into them. Of course this method might upset someone in that they may have to go to the terrible trouble of picking up a pair of scissors to snip the bag to open it...

Orangejello727 06-06-2012 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=mikecancelliere;2783460]What the F am I going to do with 10,000 team bags ahaha[/QUOTE]

You asked for it. You said that team bags add up to a lot when you sell a ton. Well if you sell a ton, it would be smart to pick them up in larger lots no?

pmannings#1fan 06-06-2012 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=SaxCougar;2782425]I really don't understand why people put so little effort into packaging these days on eBay. If I'm spending $80-100 on cards or even $2 on a card, I want it packed correctly. Things I think we're tired of..

[B]2. Putting cards in horrible looking top loaders that are damaged or scuffed up so bad that seeing the card itself can be hard.
[/B]

Take pride it what we do. We provide goods for customers. Ok, my rant is over. Can I get an AMEN?[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't about a toploader even if it is scuffed. You the damn thing protected right?

jlzinck 06-06-2012 04:39 PM

Sorry I thougth you were a "baller"

babyfaceposey 06-06-2012 04:40 PM

I use tape, no complaints from anyone. I have also received cards with tape, and have had no issues.