Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What is up with the mail??? You having problems?

So, I had two people missing PROIRITY shipments from nov. 23rd, still no sign, then I had that big mishap of ripandlist sending the remaining cards i needed for topps go to LITTLE ROCK!!! now of the 3 people who sent me the topps cards i needed on 11/30 and 12/1, only 1 package has arrived! 1 of 3...so after a month of selling the topps sets, and after 4 trades, i still can not complete sets becasue 3 of 4 trades have not shown up...and now customers are not getting other items i mailed over 2 weeks ago priority,,,,,,,

anyone else having troubles????
this is growing on my patience
i always threaten to stop selling, i just wish ripping wasn't so exciting, but with recent breaks like 52 topps (WORST PRODUCT I EVER OPENED, especially with 3 autos/box and chromes, not $-wise, but just ripping wise)

thank God for Tristar, that should bring some fun, and hopefully Elite too

come on USPS, what is up?????????????????
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

I haven't run into nearly the issues you have lately Brent, but I have noticed a couple things. First, it does seem to be taking a day or two longer for mail to get where I send it or for me to receive something. A specific example is it took a week for you to get cards from me and it normally only takes 3 or 4 days.

I have also been noticing a lag in receiving mail payments. For instance, mail from anywhere in PA was almost always next day. Now it is 2 and 3 days.

And just over the last two weeks or so, I have noticed my mail carrier is consistently 60 to 90 minutes later than usual. I asked if there was a route change the other day and she said, "no, why?"

It is the holiday season, so I do expect delays. But it does seem a little worse than usual.
Rich_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Brent,

I am in a situation right now where I shipped an item to California with DC on 9/7/07. 2 monts later the buyer messages me on eBay telling me that they did not recieve their item and if I can check on it for them. I gave the the DC # and when I searched it myself it was too old and USPS.com had to mail me an updated confirmation report. When I got the information it stated that when the attempted delivery was made their was noone their to claim delivery(that sound kind of funny to me since they don't have to sign for it). Then the item was shipped back to my PO where it sat for a day and it was sent as dead mail to the Atlanta Mail Recovery Center(where there is no phone # to reach them). I called the 800 # at USPS and they told me I had to write a letter to the Mail Recovery Center with as much information that I had. I haven't had the time to do this yet. Luckily the buyer is understanding. That is my story. Still having to deal with it.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am waiting for some cards that were shipped on 11/06. Finally called the usps 800 number and they said they would check on them and call me back the next day. They still have Not called me back. The cards were sent with d.c. and made it half way here and they just stopped. What a bunch of crap. My only recourse is to file a dispute with paypal. I like the seller ( i have bought from him several times ) but i have nothing to show for my money. I have been very patient, but what else can i do?
hargy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Bulldog

I had a package of cards take 1 month to reach me when it normally takes 1 week (priority/first class mail). There were no "miss sent" stamps on it to explain why it took so long. Again, probably due to the holidays.

Jason
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just can't believe how bad the post office is. I have never had a good delivery man, and stuff has always came late. That is why whenever I have something to send that is worth anything decent and isn't a single card I prefer to do it by UPS. And a lot of the times it is even cheaper going that route.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mavisbike Send a message via Yahoo to Mavisbike

i checked my ebay pacakges and otehrs i have coming i have like 14 packages coming..

most of them are looking good except one I ordered last tuesday from 1 state away and its not scheduled until this friday and it was shipped wednesday???
Mavisbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Lets see
2 Incoming MO's and 1 incoming shipment lost in the last 2 months
But I did get a bubble mailer for the wrong address....which I drove over and delivered....