Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help with an international package.

I sold a card to a buyer from Malaysia on eBay on May 24th. I sent it out first class international with a tracking #. When I look up the # on eBay, NOTHING comes up. The buyer messaged me on eBay a couple days ago asking me where the card was. I told him that it might take some time since he's in Malaysia. But, there's no excuse for nothing to be showing up on the #. I called USPS, but they said nothing is showing up. The only thing I can think of is my mailman might of lost it in his mail truck or something. Other than that, I have no idea what to do. It's not a high dollar card, so refunding the buyer wouldn't be a problem.
LukeTriple2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I ship USPS First Class Intl quite a bit. Officially, that service does not offer online delivery confirmation or tracking.

However, if you use eBay shipping, the shipping label comes out with a barcode on it and you are given a customs number. (like a DC# except it starts with an LJ### instead of 9101###) That barcode is, I think, the customs bar code, and it is scannable. When scanned, the online tracking will get updated with the scan.

However, in my experience, First Class Intl packages are only scanned while in the USA. Never scanned overseas. And even in the USA the packages are often not scanned.

Hope this helps. EDIT: well, I hope this information is useful. But I don't think it'll help really. It sounds like the buyer is going to file an item not received case. That is the risk of First Class Intl. Sorry man.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 06-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

LJ279897786US

That's the #. Nothing is showing up at all.
LukeTriple2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Right, that means no one in the USA has scanned the package, yet. And they might never scan it. That happens a lot, as officially there is no tracking on First Class Mail Intl.

Here's what my First Class Intl look like:

LJ283936985US

I'm lucky in that I have a local PO that seems to scan the majority of the First Class Mail Intl packages. However, the packages are scanned once, only in the USA, and never scanned again. Sometimes, my packages aren't scanned at all and thus look exactly like yours do. That is probably normal.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote