Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )
Exclamation Paypal ripped me off for 3,503.48 HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

you going to love this guys on 8-20-2007 i sold a lot to a guy on ebay item #290152083379 $3,435.16
item shipped through DHL express signature required on 8/21/2007 on 8/22/2007 he filed a chargeback for non receipt i gave paypal the tracking #s & on 8/21/07 then then released the funds back to my account
& said i followed the guide lines for seller protection

on 10/9/07 he files a chargeback with the credit card company & on 10/12/07 paypal once again ruled in my favor & released the funds & now on dec-9th pay pal send me a email saying they made a mistake & froze my account for $3,503.48 & also added in over $100 in fees

wtf how is this possible this took place over 5 months ago i guess the moral of this is paypal will screw you no matter what i have no clue what to do i am calling the police to file a report & the ifcc, & my Attorney
any help you guys can offer please let me know
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah good luck with that. In my past deals with paypal they always favor the buyer. I am not sure if I ever heard of paypal helping the sellers. They don't even care what your ebay feedback is either. I think if a person started a new website like paypal the new one would run paypal right down. Good luck thou.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

That sucks man. The best advice I can give to help avoid this is to never leave more funds in your paypal account than what you can afford to lose.

Also, remember that the buyer ripped you off, not paypal. You have this person's name/address/eBay id, right? Please post the eBay id on here and use the other information to contact his/her local law enforcement office. Maybe if they can pay him/her a visit he/she will think twice about what has been done.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

the ebay id is power.buyer.1 can i post his name & info on the boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
That sucks man. The best advice I can give to help avoid this is to never leave more funds in your paypal account than what you can afford to lose.

Also, remember that the buyer ripped you off, not paypal. You have this person's name/address/eBay id, right? Please post the eBay id on here and use the other information to contact his/her local law enforcement office. Maybe if they can pay him/her a visit he/she will think twice about what has been done.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I wouldn't post his personal info on the boards, but I would try to contact him, DHL, and/or his local police station.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Hmmm, 100% feedback, but it's private.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...d=170167361509

Also, has a history of buying high dollar items...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ows=100&sort=3

Maybe he waits until after feedback can be left for him and then disputes the CC charges?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Are any of the cards you sold him in this lot?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120189319269
Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm not a big fan of ebay allowing people to keep their feedback private. I think if you're buying/selling on there then your feedback should be wide open.
Crash1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Man that sux. How did they file a chargeback of non recept if you have their signature confirmed?
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
so if you do not have money in your paypal acct they cannot file a chargeback? what if your paypal is linked to your bank acct couldn't they still get you?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
so if you do not have money in your paypal acct they cannot file a chargeback? what if your paypal is linked to your bank acct couldn't they still get you?
That is not true - they will take it from your bank account.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
yes they would still get you unless you had no funds in your bank account.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

well there goes the idea for the end around that eh? cardshop, why don't you fax them the sig confirmation? would that help?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

This whole thing does not make any sense.
And btw good luck sueing paypal, there is a ihatepaypal site or something like that, now you wonder why people bomb ebay hq
Old 12-10-2007, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

How can they withdraw funds from your bank account without your consent ?
I always leave less than $100. in my paypal account and transfer the rest into the bank for just that reason. I haven't had any problems with chargebacks YET but you never know anymore. I figured paypal would try and charge your credit card for it because they couldn't withdraw from your bank.

Paypal threatened my friend with a collection agency if he didn't pay some scammer $300+ back. They tried charging his credit card with it first and when he called his CC company and stopped it, they called him at home and threatened to turn it over to collections. Since he didn't have the required proof of delivery, he paid it back because it wasn't worth the hassle or credit damage.

For the amount of money you're getting scammed for I'd try to block any attempt paypal made to take your money back even if you have to get legal counsel. Try calling your local t.v. news station. Where I live FOX news has a trouble shooting team that exposes scamming business', companies, corrupt city workers etc. Maybe they can help you as well.

Maybe its time for the honest card sellers on fleabay to stop accepting paypal for large transactions. If paypal NEVER sides with the seller no matter how much proof of delivery they have, than why give them our business ? I know it will cost some bids BUT isn't losing $500. in bidders better than losing $3000. in chargebacks ? If you have something really hot listed, I don't think it matters that much for buyers to get a cashiers check.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

My question is was it a confirmed address or not? I do not see how they can side with the buyer if it was a confirmed addy correct me if im wrong.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

Default buyer paid for the charge back

yes they are , i called the police & had the paper work done & got a police report in the am it was to be signed for his arrest i called him & its a paypal error & he paid all of the fees to reopen our paypal account .

Quote:
Are any of the cards you sold him in this lot?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120189319269
Old 12-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)

Wasn't that MJ 1/1 auto and possibly the Ruths also in the lot being sold by that dude in Florida that said he was closing his store ? HMMMM....

Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

he went to the credit card company

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Man that sux. How did they file a chargeback of non recept if you have their signature confirmed?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardshopmd View Post
yes they are , i called the police & had the paper work done & got a police report in the am it was to be signed for his arrest i called him & its a paypal error & he paid all of the fees to reopen our paypal account .

So you won your dispute ?

Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

i did that a bout a hour ago how ever after talking to the buyer he refunded the money *& all the paypal fees to make up for it

Quote:
well there goes the idea for the end around that eh? cardshop, why don't you fax them the sig confirmation? would that help?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #22 (permalink)

paypal can go in to your bank account only if you use your credit card to buy something

Quote:
Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

i got a law suit aginst paypal from a older case we filed the offered to settle for 1/2 the amount of the loss $30,000 the loss was $60,000.00 we are suing for 350,000.00 i think when it goes to court we will get the 60k + legal fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
This whole thing does not make any sense.
And btw good luck sueing paypal, there is a ihatepaypal site or something like that, now you wonder why people bomb ebay hq
Old 12-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #24 (permalink)

paypal can do it its in your member agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
How can they withdraw funds from your bank account without your consent ?
I always leave less than $100. in my paypal account and transfer the rest into the bank for just that reason. I haven't had any problems with chargebacks YET but you never know anymore. I figured paypal would try and charge your credit card for it because they couldn't withdraw from your bank.

Paypal threatened my friend with a collection agency if he didn't pay some scammer $300+ back. They tried charging his credit card with it first and when he called his CC company and stopped it, they called him at home and threatened to turn it over to collections. Since he didn't have the required proof of delivery, he paid it back because it wasn't worth the hassle or credit damage.

For the amount of money you're getting scammed for I'd try to block any attempt paypal made to take your money back even if you have to get legal counsel. Try calling your local t.v. news station. Where I live FOX news has a trouble shooting team that exposes scamming business', companies, corrupt city workers etc. Maybe they can help you as well.

Maybe its time for the honest card sellers on fleabay to stop accepting paypal for large transactions. If paypal NEVER sides with the seller no matter how much proof of delivery they have, than why give them our business ? I know it will cost some bids BUT isn't losing $500. in bidders better than losing $3000. in chargebacks ? If you have something really hot listed, I don't think it matters that much for buyers to get a cashiers check.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #25 (permalink)

yes his address was confirmed thats was my point how can they side with the buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
My question is was it a confirmed address or not? I do not see how they can side with the buyer if it was a confirmed addy correct me if im wrong.