Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default This is UNBELIEVABLE with this idiot !

Last week I posted about slider4805 stiffing me for an auction on fleabay. I sent him a non-paying bidder notice after I received this message from him a few days after the auction ended. Here it is in case you missed it before :

Dear bambam-$$,

The second highest bidder is trying to get every /23 lynch card he can buy. He even ran up an auction that began with a buy it now of 35.00 but I choose to bid instead. He bidded up the auction to 87.00. Thy guy is a nut and the only person who would pay this much. I was hoping he would miss this auction but obviously he found it. I did not want to go this high on this card and mistakenly put in a bid higher then I intended to on this card. I did not retract the bid because I was hoping he would miss this. Can you offer it to him in a second chance offer? I am positive he will accept it.

- slider4805

After I escalated it into a dispute he sent me a few messages like this one :

Dear bambam-$$,

Go ahead and take whatever actions you need to do. I will file a complaint that someone is jacking up auction.

- slider4805

He also sent messages that "my listing was misleading" and that "he thought he was bidding on a real 1/1, not a card numbered to 25." Huh ? It only says its numbered 23/25 in BOTH the header AND the item description.

Anyway, I sold the item off-line to the second highest bidder for $50 DLVD. after he refused the second chance offer I sent. Can't say I blame him for not paying the second chance price as I myself wouldn't have even responded because I'd feel like something was shadey. Today I ended the dispute and got credit for the fees. Slider4805 got his well deserved first non-payer strike. I got this message from him earlier tonight :

Dear bambam-$$,

Ok you got your fees back now can you please remove the strike. I am sorry this happened but that bidder was out to get me and new my bid pattern.

- slider480

I know the guy has 100% positive feedback (so far) but unless you want headaches do yourself a favor and block him. Seems to me that if he doesn't want to honor his bid, he'll lie and make excuses to try and weasle his way out of paying. I know if I leave him his well deserved negative that I'll surely get one in retaliation plus he'll hammer my stupid stars rating. What cracks me up is this idiot has the nads to ask me to remove the strike. UNBELIEVABLE !!!

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

What a dingbat. I say let him eat the strike.....he deserves it
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Bam, if you got your fees back he shouldn't be able to leave u feedback after you neg him. im almost certain of that.. Let me know if im wrong.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

If they do not respond to the NPB dispute then they cannot leave you feedback. If they do respond and still dont pay and you give them a strike, they can leave whatever feedback they want.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

He responded alright but never paid. Based on the fleabay reps response, I'm pretty sure he can leave me a retaliation negative so I'm probably going to leave it alone. I'll probably be listing alot of stuff to end a few days after Xmas and I don't want any recent negatives as a seller to affect my number of bidders. I have 90 days to leave it so I can wait until after my next batch of listings.
I have 3 negatives in I think 8 years and two are just blatant retaliation. The other one is from some idiot who wasn't happy with the condition of the vintage Mantles I sold him. He refused to return the cards, he wanted me to send him back a partial refund of what he paid. I had huge scans of the cards and said judge for yourself since I don't grade but he thought they should have been closer to mint.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Bam are you not listing anything else until after Christmas? Does everyone think no one is buying before?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Yeah, I have a similar guy bidding on my black back set from 52 rookies. I got a message earlier today saying that he got a second chance offer on a similar item and wanted me to cancel his bid. Funny thing is..there is no other set listed that has been won or bid on at that point in time that is cheaper.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yes, as long as they respond to the non bidding alert then they can leave you a negative feedback. But man who cares. One negative feedback from an idiot will go away eventually, end ties with this stupid buyer and move one.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Bam are you not listing anything else until after Christmas? Does everyone think no one is buying before?
I'm probably going to list some stuff to end on the 27th and then list more stuff to end a week after that around the 3rd of January. I think more people are apt to have more money after the Holidays than leading up to them.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

As I was posting my reply to Chucky, here comes ANOTHER message from guess who......its got to be some kid because what adult does this stuff ?

Dear bambam-$$,

I apologize for missing my payment date. Can you please remove the strike? I assure you this won't happen again. Thanks.

- slider4805

Old 12-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Pretty please Bam with sugar on top, xxxooo! Geez, maybe you should ask him for a note from his mother! I only have 145 transactions on Ebay so maybe I'm just lucky, but so far I haven't run into any of this BS that you guys do (darn glad too!), but at least I know where to go IF this happens to me for advice!
Munsonmanor is offline   Reply With Quote