Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default EBAY SALES: update on my products (economy/higher prices/Christmas/weak checklists)

man...at first I was think how can gas prices, economy be hurting card sales, this is my best year in cards

but now with Christmas on top of it, and the fact that these prospect / rc sets (52 topps, tristar, bowman draft, & maybe elite?) are not selling really at all

maybe it is just timing, or the quality of the checklist but ebay is dead!

what's funny, even with 52 rc base sets closing for $10 tonight, wow! (presales were $60-$80 for 2 weeks), and master sets down to $135-$140, and the worst autos ever, thanks to high $ a-rods, i now have $4183.50 back after fees of $4480 investment, and i have a master set, about 10 base sets, a chrome, set, a refractor set, a a-rod set, and all extra chromes/ref/base/sp
I actually will make $ (not the $2k i hoped for, but maybe $500-$800; if i get $305 for my a-rod set like last one sold!)

ordering bowman draft might have been dumb for fast turnaround, but if i hold it will work

and tristar...last year 2 cases were $1650, and they brought $4100
so this year, i knew it'd be down, so i hoped for $6k from my $4k 4 case investment, but after i see breaks/lack of parallels/change of cards (like no gu), i hope for $5k, but still say no brainer, but now looks break even due to same prospects not selling well...80% of autos going to 1 or 2 bidders at 99 cents, and good players too

the sp autos should help a ton! and if my player lots sell it will definitely turn profit, but only 4 of 100 player lots have sold so far, but if you can avg. 50 cents a card thru sets or player lots...that means the $8/pack goes to $5/pack, then you have the autos/parallels/inserts, it still should work

how is everyone else doing...

MAYBE WE SHOULD START A THREAD ON HOW PEOPLE DO, LIKE TRADE THREADS, UPDATE AS WE GO WITH PRODUCTS OR SUCH.......

BUSTING WITHIN A MONTH: ELITE, AMERICANA, TOPPS HEROES
THEN LATER...08 TOPPS, 08 HERITAGE
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

07 bcfb really f'd me up and left a bad taste in my mouth. im switching it up to non-sports for the next couple of months.. i might still get a case of 07 bcdp just to sort and sell as the year goes on.. i would like to have made 10-15 ct lots over the next few months and have them ready by the time that baseball america deal comes out naming all the hottest prospects or whatever and let the people chomp at the bit with that.

been a so-so year for me
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Since I live on the west coast and had to pay extra for faster shipping I think I MAY lose on 52 rookies. For now I am going to stand firm on $20+ for base sets, I will hold them until after xmas if I have to. Considering I only had 3 individual cards that sold for over $20, highest being $69.95, if I make it out of this even I will be happy.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

YES, NON-SPORTS IS A NICE WAY TO GO, BUT I DID NOT BUST ONE fb OR bkb PRODUCT THIS YEAR, THEY ARE sooooooo TOUGH TO MAKE $ EACH YEAR, IT'S CRAZY, EVEN IN GREAT YEARS...

BOWMAN CHROME FB HAS ALWAYS STUNK, JUST LOOK AT PREVIOUS YEAR'S CASE PRICES...I BUSTED 05 AT $300/CASE FROM CHRIS, AND ONLY MADE $1K BACK ON MY $3K 10 CASE INVESTMENT, YUCK

THAT'S THE ONLY TIME I TOUCHED IT

SORRY, JUST REALIZED CAPS WAS ON...
Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve View Post
Since I live on the west coast and had to pay extra for faster shipping
this sucks for us on the west. we end up shelling out 100's one 1 day shipping, whereas others closer to chris gets their ground shipping (1 day ) for free just because of their proximity.

no ones fault, its just reality...
Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Brent,
Were you strictly baseball this year??
martyogelvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

WOW talk about a complete turn around !!! I figured based on your previous posts about 52 Topps you'd lose your shirt on your 8 cases. You called it your worst break EVER and your still gonna come out ahead. How did you plug the holes so fast in what seemed like a sinking ship ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

bambam I love when you keep me straight. Yes I still say its one of the worst breaks ever. I missed the odds on everything possible. I hit 192 autos and only 2 went for $5-$25. The rest all under $5, several at $1 with 2 main buyers with all $5 max shipping. Only 2 red autos neither sold both times listed now listed at BIN $8. I got 1 ticket. The main thing it was boring. No good players or hits. Plus sets dropped soooooooooo far soooooooooo fast it is crazy. Both base and masters not selling and dropping faster than any other product I have ever busted. For a topps product which I have always done well at and from the handful of people here saying they made a killing last year. I was expected much more. I am use to a 75-125% profit on 8+ cases of these types of products. I would be thrilled with 10% but l do not like the product and did call the break bad but never said I'd losemy shirt.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Brent , if you go back and re-read my post, I never posted that YOU SAID you'd lose your shirt. I posted that I FIGURED you'd lose your shirt because of how bad you said your break was and how bad early sales were. I just wanted to know how you managed to pull a profit out of what seemed to be a sure loser.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well contribution to this thread will be to report that so far I have a swollen sack over BC football. I promise I will never bust anything but baseball or non-sport from now on.

I opened one case of Tristar and based on your SP list Brent I did VERY well. I have them set aside to wait for the official list. I only got 3 parallels, though, which seemed low compared to the other breaks.

I have 12 cases total of Draft to do. I am a little disappointed so far in the way the green rookie lots have sold. The best per card lot for me so far was a Joba chrome 20 card lot which sold for $140. It will be a little while before I can determine how well or poor my break will be. I will just say that I have worked long and hard so far to get my cards on much like the description that Brent gave of his average day of work and card busting. Hope it will be worth it.

On the horizon I have 1 case of Americana, 3 cases of Heroes, and I will do at least 1 case of Sterling.
scottiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiff View Post
Well contribution to this thread will be to report that so far I have a swollen sack over BC football. I promise I will never bust anything but baseball or non-sport from now on.
x2...

... and mine still hurts over 4 cases of bc fb... i can't even begin to imagine the pain of 12. i still have 20 sealed box toppers left and other autos that im going to list as part of my christmas sales.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

YES, like i said bowman chrome fb is NOT bowman chrome bb, having opened bc fb in the past, ouch...

don't know if you saw, but when chris had bc 05 fb at $300/case not even 1 year after release i bought 10 cases, of the $3k, i got $1,200 back! that's all, and sets don't sell, BUT i did get ZERO SP autos in 10 cases, wow! (should've got 2); did hit frank gore brz #/50 auto which was best card, but he had just got hot, and it went for like $120

yes, i opened ALL baseball except nascar premium (for my wife)

bambam U R RIGHT, once again, you said figure... my bad, my point was i wanted to make clear that i felt it was an awful BREAK (not necessarily $-wise, even though that is not great either), shoot a heritage 110-card chrome set brought me $380-$400 twice earlier this year, in this the 110-card chromes sets go only as high as $199, and anyone who opened heritage this year knows that left out all the stars from chrome, there were like 15 names, the other 95 were commons

sometimes, we read too much into things,and are not very friendly towards one another, WHY?

i am just here to hang, report what i can, help others, and have fun
Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

bambam to answer your original ? as to what turned it around...

I would say the NUMBER OF DIFFERENT THINGS TO SELL
You have base sets, master sets, insert sets
Then autographs, and rare red autos
Then a-rod hr (wow, some sets over $300 for 25-cards!)
Then black backs, and chromes, and chrome refs, and chrome gold ref's
Then 1/1 cards and rookie tickets
and leftovers, including SP which are selling well actually

so, i would say each pack has something special to sell, so it adds up

i was just shocked to see how low some of this goes, and then the fact that the ODDS KILLED ME!!! and the gold refractors sold for $5 and the red autos for under $10, uggg
Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )

ebay sales just plan suck right now for sports cards
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote