Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jcmel323
Default What is Happening to COMC !!!

I have been trying to buy a few things in the last hour on comc but is super slowwww
omg i'm getting desperate

Does this is happening to you??
jcmel323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

*sigh*...website downtime has been an issue these past few weeks...
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Its down. I hate when this happens.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jcmel323

Yesterday it work perfectly
Now i cant even pass the user name and password

jcmel323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Are they in Baltimore this week? If so its unlikely it will be back up anytime soon
Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Worked great earlier today but now is down. Bummer got like 6 cards for a set I'm working on in my inventory I need to get shipped.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Are they in Baltimore this week? If so its unlikely it will be back up anytime soon
I've been one of COMC's staunchest supporters through all of the fee restructuring, etc., but uptime is the single-most important factor for a web-based business. If this continues, it's going to be a huge problem. Most Internet services guarantee a 99.98% uptime...COMC isn't even close to that.

Can you imagine working in an office that only had electricity 95% of the time?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Site is back up. I have to figure this is just because of the changeover to COMC.com, it hasn't been like this since I first joined. Ebay did this a ton in the mid 90's too. I agree though, if they have to do something...fix it at 4 in the morning, not during the peak night hours. I also have an ad running and basically 2+ hrs of no one seeing it, which sucks.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
Site is back up. I have to figure this is just because of the changeover to COMC.com, it hasn't been like this since I first joined. Ebay did this a ton in the mid 90's too. I agree though, if they have to do something...fix it at 4 in the morning, not during the peak night hours. I also have an ad running and basically 2+ hrs of no one seeing it, which sucks.
It's not the mid-90s anymore, though, and net technologies have become infinitely more reliable since then. Frequent bouts of extended downtime should be a thing of the past.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

That's true, I was just saying when a company was growing etc some of this happens...but this has to be the end of these.

I also spoke too soon as it went back down again...
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

For real . And what is up with everyone jumping on here and defending how often this site is down . I also "live" on COMC . It is down ALOT . 5 - 10 times in the last few weeks alone . It really is my only complaint about the site but it is beyond frustrating . And these issues will just be called another hiccup and swept under the rug . . . All I am saying is if I had the hiccups every single day , and they began to smell like death and every one was telling me my hiccups were affecting them negatively as well , I would stop calling them hiccups realize I have an issue and go to the doctor .

And last but not least ... All the times I have logged on HERE (Blowout Forum) to talk-complain-ask-spam my COMC . This site has been down 0 times .
"Nothing in the world seems more important"

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 08-08-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: If EBay crashes we should crash too . Makes sense
thebrokepoet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hi. As a COMC rep on these boards... yes. There's been too much down lime lately. The only silver lining is that it's never been the same thing twice. It seems when it rains it pours... the cherry on top was that our colo facility where the live site servers reside was the target of a pretty serious DDOS hacking attack last weekend (during the hacker convention down in Vegas... surprise surprise).
Nothing was compromised, but it knocked us off the net for a few hours after we'd finally gotten everything working. That's life, so we're not excusing it or asking folks to ignore it, but the roughest patches of the site migration are behind us at this point.
We appreciate folks' patience very much.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote