Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wow, I am really thankful for ebay right now!

Received this letter from ebay today:

Quote:
Dear Benjamin,

Thank you for being a valued seller on eBay. As you know, feedback is an essential part of what makes eBay a successful marketplace. We know that feedback left by buyers for you is important to your reputation. This is why we will remove feedback left for you when we know a buyer did not adhere to eBay policies. We wanted you to know that in the last 3 months, we took the following action to benefit your seller performance record:

Removed 6 neutral/negative feedback

Note that these removals were the result of patterns identified by eBay's detection systems and/or cumulative reports from you and other sellers. They may be related to transactions that occurred any time over the past several months.
Wow! And I didn't see a single negative go through. This must be from unpaid item assistance. Simply because people try to slap a negative after the unpaid item assistance case, and ebay doesn't let them.

Wow.....That is all I have to say!
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow Ben! That is a very nice surprise.
Homerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Received this letter from ebay today:

Wow! And I didn't see a single negative go through. This must be from unpaid item assistance. Simply because people try to slap a negative after the unpaid item assistance case, and ebay doesn't let them.

Wow.....That is all I have to say!
Did you not just preach to us in the other thread about unpaid item not very customer service like???

This...

Quote:
Me, I would just cancel the transaction and move on. Sometimes financial situations change for the worse, especially in this economy. I'm not made of money. If I bid on something and a big expense comes up, than I may not be able to pay. I totally understand the case the buyer is in right now. I think the seller deserves a negative for not being kind and considerate to the customer. I go by the golden rule: "Do one to others as you've had them do unto you." I tell you for sure, slapping an unpaid item case on the customer is one good way to not get repeat business.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

That is great. even better you know that they caught it before it was ever posted.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Did you not just preach to us in the other thread about unpaid item not very customer service like???

This...
You are comparing apples and oranges. Before I open an unpaid item case, I email the buyer and ask them if they are having trouble paying and if they need more time. If they respond saying "I'm having trouble paying and can't complete the sale". I then go ahead and cancel the transaction. These unpaid item cases are where the buyer doesn't respond to me, or completely ignores my emails. If the buyer doesn't respond to me and lets me know they are having trouble paying than I file the case. I like to communicate with my buyers and give them another chance to pay before I slap the NPB.

Did I clear this up?! If the buyer can't pay for an item and tells me I'm not going to push it. I actually had a buyer who bought an item from em and told me he bought an item for his son, and he simply couldn't afford to pay for the item right now. His car had broken down. So out of courtesy for him, I sent him the card for free after cancelling the transaction. His story was legit and I brought a smile to his son's face. I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it so I can make a difference in other people's lives.
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
You are comparing apples and oranges. Before I open an unpaid item case, I email the buyer and ask them if they are having trouble paying and if they need more time. If they respond saying "I'm having trouble paying and can't complete the sale". I then go ahead and cancel the transaction. These unpaid item cases are where the buyer doesn't respond to me, or completely ignores my emails. If the buyer doesn't respond to me and lets me know they are having trouble paying than I file the case. I like to communicate with my buyers and give them another chance to pay before I slap the NPB.

Did I clear this up?! If the buyer can't pay for an item and tells me I'm not going to push it. I actually had a buyer who bought an item from em and told me he bought an item for his son, and he simply couldn't afford to pay for the item right now. His car had broken down. So out of courtesy for him, I sent him the card for free after cancelling the transaction. His story was legit and I brought a smile to his son's face. I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it so I can make a difference in other people's lives.
Clear.