Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/)
-   -   COMC Thoughts? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/348800-comc-thoughts.html)

chadj88 08-10-2012 06:36 PM

COMC Thoughts?

Haven't joined COMC yet, I see you have to buy store credits or something before you can make an offer.

Just curious on flexible the sellers on there are overall. Frankly the prices listed for what I am looking at are waaaay high. Don't want to waste my time buying credits and making offers if sellers tend to me firm with their prices on there.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Clarka3 08-10-2012 08:19 PM

i don't like pre-paying to make offers.

i do like how you can make a ton of purchases and just decide when to have it all shipped.

XL5 08-10-2012 08:37 PM

There is a 30-day, 100% refund on credit purchases. So if you buy credit and no one takes your offers, you can cash out back to paypal with no fee. Only for new credit and only for the 30 days of purchase of said credit.

[QUOTE][URL="http://www.checkoutmycards.com/cashout.aspx"]Buyers Note[/URL]: Buyers can receive a 100% refund of their store credit if a cash-out request is made within 30 days of purchasing store credit.[/QUOTE]

geoffyb 08-10-2012 09:27 PM

had a horrible experience with offers yesterday. the card i wanted was listed at $9.xx. i offered $7 which i felt was fair. it was declined so i offered $8.50 which was very close to the buying price. the seller declined again and raised the price to $13. i then offered his original amount and he declined it....wtf

dlab85 08-10-2012 10:55 PM

I love COMC. If an offer has it listed unreasonably, I will offer around eBay prices. If they don't accept, I move on. I've done very well on there. As more sellers arrive on COMC, it will become more competitive and prices will drop. Wait a month when all of the 5th anniversary special cards go live. That place will be a clusterF

chadj88 08-11-2012 11:08 PM

Well I joined, so far not impressed. 1 card is listed $10 over book and about 75% more then eBay prices. Tried to make an offer above eBay and got "not accepting offers more then 20% off". Second one was even worse....time for a refund, I won't be back there.

premium1981 08-12-2012 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=chadj88;3125379]Well I joined, so far not impressed. 1 card is listed $10 over book and about 75% more then eBay prices. Tried to make an offer above eBay and got "not accepting offers more then 20% off". Second one was even worse....time for a refund, I won't be back there.[/QUOTE]

Its just like anywhere else. Some good deals, some not so good deals. Ebay is the same way. You just have to pick up what you can in your price range and pass on others.

thebrokepoet 08-14-2012 12:23 PM

Best card site hands down . Most sellers accept or counteroffer your offers and cards are constantly being fluctuated, sold, and added by new sellers who may or may not take an offer like the other seller. Most people when they buy things for their PC they jack the price up so that noone will buy it off them, but still get to keep it on display. I am constantly and consistently buyimg things that sell for much more on Ebay or the LCS. I have refferred 10+ members. Who all felt the same with time. Don't give up on the site.

XL5 08-14-2012 12:30 PM

Keep in mind too that if a seller has the Amazon option on, they probably have their prices inflated a bit because of it. When something sells on Amazon, sellers get a 20% hit right off the top.

thebrokepoet 08-14-2012 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=dlab85;3120084]I love COMC. If an offer has it listed unreasonably, I will offer around eBay prices. If they don't accept, I move on. I've done very well on there. As more sellers arrive on COMC, it will become more competitive and prices will drop. Wait a month when all of the 5th anniversary special cards go live. That place will be a clusterF[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly right. When a million new cards hit the site in the next 5 weeks there is gonna be alot of sellers blowing their cards out . I stopped cashing out and started flipping only on the site a year ago ... And as I said before . Best card site hands down .

JohnAndrew 08-14-2012 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=dlab85;3120084]I love COMC. If an offer has it listed unreasonably, I will offer around eBay prices. If they don't accept, I move on. I've done very well on there. As more sellers arrive on COMC, it will become more competitive and prices will drop. Wait a month when all of the 5th anniversary special cards go live. That place will be a clusterF[/QUOTE]

Yeah baby! They've got a half million in the backlog -- should be fun in a couple weeks :devil:

JohnAndrew 08-14-2012 12:58 PM

Sorry, I probably should've actually given some input :D

I will say that I've been on COMC for a couple months now and as a seller, I am EXTREMELY pleased. There is a bit of lowballing, but you just need to learn to cope with it. If your card is in enough demand, it will sell eventually.

I've sold a handful of cards at above "book value". I've done a few quick flips for nice money. From a prospecting standpoint, I've recently been buying up autographs of guys that I think will appreciate down the road and just keep them 'Not for Sale' in my inventory until the time is right. You'll learn how things tend to go as you spend more time there.

My only frustration of late has been occasional site downtime. It hasn't been an issue for me VERY recently, but there quite were a few outages (some a half hour or longer) in the past month. Hopefully they're working to resolve it and uptime can be kept as close to 100% as possible.

fungi2510 08-14-2012 02:54 PM

I have been on and off COMC since it's first year in business. I think they have done a great job with the site. As a seller I love it for stuff that would go low on Ebay, as it usually ends up hitting just higher on COMC if you can wait. As a buyer, it can be difficult to get what you want, but if you are persistant, you can find great buys. New products will come down always. I think the best stuff to buy at the best price are cards that are between 6 months and 3 years old. After that they start to just stay at a higher price than you would like to pay.

Wisconsinboy42 08-14-2012 10:57 PM

Hey guys i also have a question. When you ship say 50 cards to them... How much does it cost to actually have them on their website. I see a bunch of prices on this page but its kind of confusing.

[url=http://www.checkoutmycards.com/fees.aspx]Fees - CheckOutMyCards.com[/url]

tmgrnzx9r 08-15-2012 08:59 PM

[QUOTE=Wisconsinboy42;3143457]Hey guys i also have a question. When you ship say 50 cards to them... How much does it cost to actually have them on their website. I see a bunch of prices on this page but its kind of confusing.

[url=http://www.checkoutmycards.com/fees.aspx]Fees - CheckOutMyCards.com[/url][/QUOTE]

If my math is correct and you just send them all penny sleeved it should be $10.00 for the cards 50 x .20 per card under current pricing and $3.00 for the batch, so $13.00 total.