Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default NEED HELP: calculate ebay/paypal fees

okay, i know ebay blackthorne and others can tell you what an item sold for, what shipping you charged, what shipping cost thru pp, pp fees, and ebay fees

BUT does anyone know how i can get reports or customize reports that will tell me for instance...

bowman draft sales totals, fees i was charged, etc

I have been doing this manually for years which takes FOREVER, to track more accurately and quicker i was curious what other sod/use
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

How large or small is the volume of sales that you do? Are you looking to track fees, etc on a per item basis or more so by category......like you were saying all Bowman Draft sales, etc?

Just out of curiousity, when you say "manually".....how manual is it that you are doing it right now?
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

volume, well i have had 1400 auctions in 13 days...
i could either do a search for all bowman draft, OR per item, and then add them up

manually i go in on spreadsheet,,,add all sales with shipping, then go onto invoice for ebay, add all fees, then go to paypal add all fees, then take off shipping

takes FOREVER, even if i could leave out shipping and call that even , fine...just more concerned about fees, and not total fees like selling mgr and pro give you for week/month periods
Old 12-20-2007, 02:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

I, myself, do not do a high volume of eBay sales so I have no idea if eBay provides a service like this for you. When eBay provides you with the invoice, do they give you the option of downloading the invoice? Perhaps you can have a database set up so that you can cross reference all the information and have it pulled into one table that you can look up by auction item #, etc?

I created a spreadsheet that gives you the eBay/paypal fees item by item if you input the starting price/ending price.

Sorry I do not have a more precise answer for you. Hopefully you're able to find a solution. If any of these ideas sound like something that may help, let me know

I used to work for a company that did eBay sales. They used Channel Advisor, which is a 3rd party eBay sales management site.....but its more for repeat type auctions and they charge you like 2% per sale.....so that of course eats up profit but they do provide pretty good sales reports. Unfortunately I don't think a site like that would help all that much for the sale of individual cards
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )

here is a place to help you calculate your fees they also have a auction bomb
so if your getting hosed in ebay you can shut them down in baulk

http://bin.vrane.com/fvf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
okay, i know ebay blackthorne and others can tell you what an item sold for, what shipping you charged, what shipping cost thru pp, pp fees, and ebay fees

BUT does anyone know how i can get reports or customize reports that will tell me for instance...

bowman draft sales totals, fees i was charged, etc

I have been doing this manually for years which takes FOREVER, to track more accurately and quicker i was curious what other sod/use
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

i could try sure, but again it's manual inputing the #s, for the 1000s of auctions i do i need an auto report from ebay, they have them just not where i can keep all of one brand together...but at this point i'll try anything...on blackthorne it does have each item in there with shipping, ebay fees and paypal fees after the sale, but for each product i'd have to go ina nd manual add up numbers, not say...SEARCH for bowman draft, and all 600 items show, with total sales, total fees, etc
Old 12-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Does anybody keep good book keeping. I personally keep none. It is good and bad. Good for if I ever get in tax problems, this is a hobby and I made no money on it. Bad news, I have no clue on how much money I made this year. I think a few K, but I am not sure.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote