Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default Why list BIN without BO?

Question for all of you big sellers out there with ebay stores. What is the advantage of listing something with a Buy it Now only and not have the Best Offer added to it? I have around 15 cards in my watch list that I need for various sets but they are way overpriced. I would be willing to make an offer if it was an option. I know some people don't want to see the low-ball offers but it does work both ways.

Are you waiting for someone to send a message?

Do you pay a monthly fee for cards in your store?

I know it is the sellers right to do what they want because it is their card but that is not a reason.

Just so you know these are not very expensive cards, they range from $40-$150.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Some people have $X amount into a card, they don't want to "negotiate". Plus it cuts down on message traffic from lowballers.

caveat: I'd message them and at least try to start a dialogue. You never know...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

selling BIN w/o BO allows the seller to require immediate payment.
go_steelers07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

I rarely do not put a BO option but when I don't it is usually because I either want a certain amount for a card and nothing else, not a penny less or for a card that I know has gone down slightly in value and I don't want to deal with people telling me non stop they are only going for X amount. In the latter case I usually won't even put the card up but if it is not extremely over priced there is always a chance somone will hit the BIN.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I rarely do not put a BO option but when I don't it is usually because I either want a certain amount for a card and nothing else, not a penny less or for a card that I know has gone down slightly in value and I don't want to deal with people telling me non stop they are only going for X amount. In the latter case I usually won't even put the card up but if it is not extremely over priced there is always a chance somone will hit the BIN.
If it is close in auction value I understand. I almost exclusively buy non-sports so the prices are a lot more stable after release. I am looking for a card that has consistently averaged $38 over the last two years. A guy has one and has a BIN of $88 on it. It was never close to that price even at release.

Another example to support what you said is I want a sketch card from a particular set. Real cheap artist whose sketches from this release average $15. Guy has one for $18. If the sketch wasn't so ugly I would have bought it and paid the extra $3.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

The guy might be fishing for offers to do a sale off-eBay as well.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

With a BIN/BO, people generally don't hit the BIN unless they believe someone else may buy the item while the seller is receiving offers, so sellers are theoretically leaving money on the table.

For sellers who have a price on an item and know exactly what they want for it, it just makes sense for them to list a BIN. I'm sure many of them aren't desperate to sell, so they probably aren't too concerned if BINs are not being hit left and right.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

1 price is firm
2 priced at current/fair market value

:Peyton:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

If your price is in line with what they are selling for BIN is the way to go. You don't have to deal with idiots offering 25% of value and messages asking what the lowest is that you will take. Like someone else stated they have to pay immediately as well.

I have done this recently with a lot of Profar, Taveras and Bundy BGS auto's and it has worked extremely well. Great for no BS buyers and sellers. I highly recommend it.
Dbott1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Less than 5% of what I sell is cards but based on my experience things with Best Offer sell much slower. They tend to gain more watchers though.

Many times I will list it without Best Offer then if it hasn't sold after a week or two, I add it.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
Question for all of you big sellers out there with ebay stores. What is the advantage of listing something with a Buy it Now only and not have the Best Offer added to it? I have around 15 cards in my watch list that I need for various sets but they are way overpriced. I would be willing to make an offer if it was an option. I know some people don't want to see the low-ball offers but it does work both ways.

Are you waiting for someone to send a message?

Do you pay a monthly fee for cards in your store?

I know it is the sellers right to do what they want because it is their card but that is not a reason.

Just so you know these are not very expensive cards, they range from $40-$150.
I don't think I'm a big seller, but I do have a store. I don't generally do a "Best Offer" option simply because I don't enjoy haggling. Some people like to haggle and have fun with it, but it just isn't for me. With that said, even when I do use the "Best Offer" feature, 99% of the time I have the auto-decline set at a certain dollar figure (depends on the card of course).

No, I'm not waiting for someone to send me a message, but I do respond if one is sent and I am willing to talk if someone wants to.

Store items do have a monthly fee. It's based on the price of the store. I've got the "premium" store, which is the middle tier. $50 per month and a nickel an item.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote