Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Paypal competitor bites the dust

This is from the Bidpay website:

"Urgent Notice

Effective December 31, 2007, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank you for your patronage over the years. Please note the following important details about the shutdown. Please plan accordingly.

· Effective IMMEDIATELY, BidPay will no longer accept new BidPay seller account registrations.

· Effective IMMEDIATELY, banner insertions for new auctions will be disabled. That means that any attempts to add “BidPay” as a payment option in auctions will not be effective. Accordingly, you should offer alternative forms of payment.

· Effective 5:00 P.M. PST, December 25, 2007, BidPay will cease accepting payments, and new buyer account registrations will be disabled.

· From January 1, 2008 through 11:59 P.M. PST, January 31, 2008, registered users will have read-only access to their BidPay account information.

· Customer support services will be available through January 31, 2008 by contacting support@bidpay.com."
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Yep, I had used them sparingly over the past year or two. They worked out OK, but I think what did them in was the chargeback rate on ebay. I have had more and more problems with buyers trying to file chargebacks for delivered goods than I've ever had. Another reason I'm loving Naxcom. They process the payments for you, so in the case of a chargeback if you have delivery information they go hammer and tong after the buyer to make sure you don't get screwed. Haven't had one buyer take me on that site yet. I'm moving all my inventory over there and am closing my ebay account.
tarzanlovesjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have used naxcom for a few years now and decided to try their auctions. I have only been able to sell one item so far and it was never paid for....nice way to start.