Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Check out my cards selling question for the experts

I've never sold a single card on COMC but I'd bought a few and some of the ones I've bought I've not had shipped to me and are up for sale now. I just got an offer on one thing I am selling now (bought for $6, offer is $8) which is only $2 more then I paid for it but some would say Profit is always spelled the same so I'm thinking about letting it go. My question is about COMC fees. I can't see to find this information on the site. Since I never had it shipped to me how much in fees am I going to lose from that $2? In paypal I know I would lose 50 cents on that $8 sale. Is COMC's fees the same, more, or less then paypal? Thanks for the help

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
I've never sold a single card on COMC but I'd bought a few and some of the ones I've bought I've not had shipped to me and are up for sale now. I just got an offer on one thing I am selling now (bought for $6, offer is $8) which is only $2 more then I paid for it but some would say Profit is always spelled the same so I'm thinking about letting it go. My question is about COMC fees. I can't see to find this information on the site. Since I never had it shipped to me how much in fees am I going to lose from that $2? In paypal I know I would lose 50 cents on that $8 sale. Is COMC's fees the same, more, or less then paypal? Thanks for the help
If you accept you will have $8 in your account, no fees. Let's say over time you end up with $100 in your account, you can cash that out and will recieve $80 out of the $100. It's 20%. It's really steep. No paypal fees or anything, PP fees are in that 20%.

edit: I sell on comc fairly often, just shipped them like 700 cards to process. I know the fees are higher, but there is no shipping, returns, issues with buyers. Once you sell a card, comc covers you and if the buyer has an issue they eat the loss. I doubt they have many problems though

The 5% over ebay that it costs in fees is well worth knowing that once you sell, that money is yours and some scumbag buyer isn't going to rip you off because the player just got hurt and the card is woth 50% of what it was.

Last edited by saintsfan9; 08-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

COMC is the future....can't wait till they allow auction format.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
If you accept you will have $8 in your account, no fees. Let's say over time you end up with $100 in your account, you can cash that out and will recieve $80 out of the $100. It's 20%. It's really steep. No paypal fees or anything, PP fees are in that 20%.

edit: I sell on comc fairly often, just shipped them like 700 cards to process. I know the fees are higher, but there is no shipping, returns, issues with buyers. Once you sell a card, comc covers you and if the buyer has an issue they eat the loss. I doubt they have many problems though

The 5% over ebay that it costs in fees is well worth knowing that once you sell, that money is yours and some scumbag buyer isn't going to rip you off because the player just got hurt and the card is woth 50% of what it was.
Perfect thanks so much for the quick answer!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
COMC is the future....can't wait till they allow auction format.
I just don't see it. I personally will never sell there because the sellers are so unreasonable for DeMarco's, and their cash out fee is BRUTAL.
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

I agree, hopefully 5 years from now the majority of buying/selling is done on their site.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
I just don't see it. I personally will never sell there because the sellers are so unreasonable for DeMarco's, and their cash out fee is BRUTAL.
Or maybe you just won't pay up.

Cash out fee is a bit harsh- but think about the fact that you NEVER have to deal with shady ass eBay buyers! No returns, no headaches? I don't even have to drive to the PO when I make a sale? Sign me up!

I actually never plan to cash out- any money made on COMC is going to someday buy me a case.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
lol? you won't sell because sellers are unreasonable? If you are selling you can make up your own prices...

Also their cash out fee is high but after shipping, ebay fees, paypal fees and returns, lost packages, it adds up to the same $ and less headache.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Avoid the cash-out fee by spending your credit on a few nicely-priced high dollar cards that you are confident you can flip on eBay or elsewhere for what you paid or more.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
lol? you won't sell because sellers are unreasonable? If you are selling you can make up your own prices...

Also their cash out fee is high but after shipping, ebay fees, paypal fees and returns, lost packages, it adds up to the same $ and less headache.
You failed to comprehend what I said. The cash out fee is high, so I would likely respend the money with them. However, most DeMarco's on there are priced at $90 when they can be bought for $40. No thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
You failed to comprehend what I said. The cash out fee is high, so I would likely respend the money with them. However, most DeMarco's on there are priced at $90 when they can be bought for $40. No thanks
What does any of that have to do with you being a seller on there?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
What does any of that have to do with you being a seller on there?
It proves the point that I will never sell on there.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
It proves the point that I will never sell on there.
Why exactly won't you sell on there?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

the cash out fee is insane. I would never sell there. I have no flaky issues with ebay buyers that good ole customer service can;t take care of
Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
:insertfacepalmhere:

" I personally will never sell there because the sellers are so unreasonable for DeMarco's, and their cash out fee is BRUTAL"

see post 5..........
Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess what he is saying is; he wants to sell there and use the money for Demarco Murray. However, the sellers on comc conspire against him and price Demarco Murray higher than they should.

It really doesn't make sense, there are new sellers all the time.

Also please don't mistake a failure to explain well on your part for a failure to comprehend on my part.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Avoid the cash-out fee by spending your credit on a few nicely-priced high dollar cards that you are confident you can flip on eBay or elsewhere for what you paid or more.
Thanks for posting. I just bought two of your cards

Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

I just can't seem to get into COMC. Prices are always way high and I am not really excited about shipping my cards to them prior to selling.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah I don't understand the interest in COMC at all. Everything is always vastly over priced.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

So I would just ship my cards to them and they will do the rest?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #21 (permalink)

The biggest problem with COMC is a combination of two things, one that everything is crazy overpriced and second is that you can't offer less than 50% of the asking price on a card.

So when someone has something absurdly overpriced, you can't even give a fair offer on the card because it would be less than 50% of their asking price

I found a card on there that I really want, it's not even a $5 card shipped, but the seller is asking for like $17 on it or something, I can't even offer half of it as then I'd be paying more than double what the card is actually worth to have it shipped to me
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
The biggest problem with COMC is a combination of two things, one that everything is crazy overpriced and second is that you can't offer less than 50% of the asking price on a card.

So when someone has something absurdly overpriced, you can't even give a fair offer on the card because it would be less than 50% of their asking price

I found a card on there that I really want, it's not even a $5 card shipped, but the seller is asking for like $17 on it or something, I can't even offer half of it as then I'd be paying more than double what the card is actually worth to have it shipped to me
Agreed..........
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

Oh yea, forgot the other part of that...

you can't message sellers either

I'm sure there are people with thousands of cards on there, so they aren't going to be keeping up to date with what their cards should be worth, so they may not know they have zero chance to sell a card because it could have gone way down in value.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

Maybe it's just the guys I'm collecting, but I don't find the prices to be vastly overpriced (given the fact that I can offer 50% on most items). Especially with lower end (cards that sell for 1-5$), you can really save some serious money vs. purchasing on ebay.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #25 (permalink)

I think the more popular COMC gets, the more competitive prices will get. My first order of 250 cards just went through tonight, and I made $16.50 in the first 10 minutes.

I love it!

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote