Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Ebay question?

Listing on eBay, use up my 50 free auction listings. After that, I start getting charged 10 cents per listing. I thought it was free to list stuff under sports cards/memorabilia?

Am I wrong?
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Same is happening to me. Some end up being free, but then some are $0.10. I can't figure out why. I don't have time to worry about it...
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Its been free for me. I don't know about the OP but Alex are you scheduling your listings? Because that still costs .10
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

I was also told, along with scheduling listings, 1 day listings were not free either.
ryanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Good question dthimesch. I do schedule my listings, but I'm still getting charged $0.20 per listing. $0.10 for the scheduled start time, and then a $0.10 insertion fee.

However, this morning I'm seeing a $0.00 insertion fee, so it seems like it's working this morning for me. But yesterday, all of the auctions were $0.10 insertion fee each.

EDIT: Wait, I just read ryanvas's post. I think he's right! Most of my listings are 1 day, and that must be why I'm not getting the free insertion... and it looks like all my 3 day ones are getting a free insertion. Problem figured out, thanks! There's always exceptions to free insertions, aren't there?

Heh, free insertion... I could really use a free insertion right now. I should go wake up my girlfriend... wait! I don't have one!!!

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 08-23-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Good question dthimesch. I do schedule my listings, but I'm still getting charged $0.20 per listing. $0.10 for the scheduled start time, and then a $0.10 insertion fee.

However, this morning I'm seeing a $0.00 insertion fee, so it seems like it's working this morning for me. But yesterday, all of the auctions were $0.10 insertion fee each.

EDIT: Wait, I just read ryanvas's post. I think he's right! Most of my listings are 1 day, and that must be why I'm not getting the free insertion... and it looks like all my 3 day ones are getting a free insertion. Problem figured out, thanks! There's always exceptions to free insertions, aren't there?

Heh, free insertion... I could really use a free insertion right now. I should go wake up my girlfriend... wait! I don't have one!!!
HA! problem solved.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

He is correct. All the 1 day listings were .10. 3 days were .00. Good job eBay...
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I do schedule my listings...$0.10 for the scheduled start time

those dimes add up.

have you considered loading your auctions up on turbo lister & then uploading them all at once?
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
those dimes add up.

have you considered loading your auctions up on turbo lister & then uploading them all at once?
I've tried TurboLister, and it works well, but I'm not used to it. I made some listing errors with it, and stopped using it. I'm so used to listing from within eBay with the $0.10 schedule, it's hard to stop using it. Breaks are time stressed enough as it is, it's hard to learn something new while doing a big break. But I think I need to try Turbo again, because that is the most efficient way to list, and saves some money, right?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have a question about TurboLister.

I always do my auctions in 2 minute increments. Usually 30 auctions a night over an hours time. (gives buyers a chance to late bid on multiple items)

If I use TurboLister, and upload all the data at once, it would still need to create scheduled listings on eBay, right? The only way to save that $0.10 on scheduled listings is to NOT do incremental auctions, right? (all auctions get uploaded for immediate listing and thus no scheduled listings, no $0.10 fees)

This may have been the reason I don't use TurboLister, and I just forgot why. But I was about to start using it, and then had the above thought.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

I always do my auctions in 2 minute increments. Usually 30 auctions a night over an hours time. (gives buyers a chance to late bid on multiple items)

If I use TurboLister, and upload all the data at once, it would still need to create scheduled listings on eBay, right? The only way to save that $0.10 on scheduled listings is to NOT do incremental auctions, right? (all auctions get uploaded for immediate listing and thus no scheduled listings, no $0.10 fees)

This may have been the reason I don't use TurboLister, and I just forgot why. But I was about to start using it, and then had the above thought.
You are correct Turbo lister will not save you the scheduled fee, unless you upload them by hand every two minutes.

I googled how to avoid the scheduled fee and it looks like there are multiple software programs that can do the uploads at you scheduled time, bypassing the fee. Auctiva was one.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
You are correct Turbo lister will not save you the scheduled fee, unless you upload them by hand every two minutes.

I googled how to avoid the scheduled fee and it looks like there are multiple software programs that can do the uploads at you scheduled time, bypassing the fee. Auctiva was one.
Okay, thanks for the info.

What I don't like about Activa and sniper programs is that you are giving your eBay password to a 3rd party. At least with TurboLister it's still just eBay.

It's probably not related, but the first time I used a 3rd party sniper program, after 3 days I got a reply from a seller about a hard drive. I had NEVER sent this seller a message, but low and behold there was a message in my out box to this seller asking about hard drive returns.

I immediately remove the sniper program, changed all my passwords, and I've never had that happen again. I've been afraid to use sniper programs, or give any 3rd party my eBay password since.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
those dimes add up.

I wish I could use turbo lister. Not compatible with MAC.

Quote:
Okay, thanks for the info.

What I don't like about Activa and sniper programs is that you are giving your eBay password to a 3rd party. At least with TurboLister it's still just eBay.

It's probably not related, but the first time I used a 3rd party sniper program, after 3 days I got a reply from a seller about a hard drive. I had NEVER sent this seller a message, but low and behold there was a message in my out box to this seller asking about hard drive returns.

I immediately remove the sniper program, changed all my passwords, and I've never had that happen again. I've been afraid to use sniper programs, or give any 3rd party my eBay password since.
Thats scary. right there.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Thats scary. right there.
Agreed.

I called eBay when it happened. They said they'd never heard of messages actually getting mixed up in the system. They said it had to be my account was used by a family member, or someone found my password, etc.

I work in IT, I never write my passwords down, I never tell them to anyone, not even for sex. The only possible way my account got hacked was through the sniper program, which had my eBay password while I was using it.

I changed all my passwords, wiped & reinstalled my PC, changed all my passwords again, and I'll never use a 3rd party sniper program again.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

at least with turbo lister you can create your auctions, store them & list "real time" whenever you like. one at a time, small groups, whatever.

i understand your reasoning about spacing the auctions but theres something to be said about having them all end at once too. unless theyre sniping the bidders are forced to get their bids in earlier before auction end. this will create potential bidding wars driving up your final price...
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
at least with turbo lister you can create your auctions, store them & list "real time" whenever you like. one at a time, small groups, whatever.

i understand your reasoning about spacing the auctions but theres something to be said about having them all end at once too. unless theyre sniping the bidders are forced to get their bids in earlier before auction end. this will create potential bidding wars driving up your final price...
I hadn't thought of it that way before, but now that you mention it, that sounds like a good idea, I'm going to starting trying that method, thanks!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I hadn't thought of it that way before, but now that you mention it, that sounds like a good idea, I'm going to starting trying that method, thanks!
I start and end all my auctions at the same time. I have had a couple people complain that they would have bid on more if they didn't end at the same time. But I really like the idea of making buyers have to put in their bids before the very end, just for the very reason of trying to create more bids.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I start and end all my auctions at the same time. I have had a couple people complain that they would have bid on more if they didn't end at the same time. But I really like the idea of making buyers have to put in their bids before the very end, just for the very reason of trying to create more bids.
I agree with you 100% I like having them close at the same time if a buyer wants them he will put his high bid in early
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardshopmd View Post
I agree with you 100% I like having them close at the same time if a buyer wants them he will put his high bid in early
This way seems to work the best. I tried scheduling 2 minutes apart and I found you make the same or more by just ending all of them a the same time.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

I think dtimesch told me about this several months ago, but I just didn't believe it. Sounds like I was being too stubborn.

I've got a big break of Prestige coming up, I'm going to use TurboLister and end auctions at the same time and see what happens.