Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Comc question about low low pricing

So i set all my stuff to 50% off book. My question is that as soon as I do that and stuff gets down to 10 cents and 12 cents........there is a large feeding frenzy on my cheap cheap cards.

Is there a red light and buzzers that go off that I'm not aware of when cards are going for a big loss? Did I miss that email list lol??

Any help is appreciated!

Mizz
Old 08-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzurawar View Post
So i set all my stuff to 50% off book. My question is that as soon as I do that and stuff gets down to 10 cents and 12 cents........there is a large feeding frenzy on my cheap cheap cards.

Is there a red light and buzzers that go off that I'm not aware of when cards are going for a big loss? Did I miss that email list lol??

Any help is appreciated!

Mizz
Cards that are 90% or more off book, and priced $1.00 or under will always sell very quickly.

People buy them all up, raise prices so that they are only 20% off book, then bunch them together as a port sale so that people think they're getting a steal when he advertises it at an additional 50% off. Great business strategy, but if you spend enough time there you quickly lean to avoid most port sales, especially the ones that advertise as "great flipping potential".
zebrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry Maybe I wasn't clear what I meant. I know why they buy but how do they always know exactly when I hit those prices? Is there some tool people use to scan the site for 10 cent cards or something? All these cards were 15 and 20 cents for days with no buyers. 1 hour after dropping to 10 cents they are snatched up.

I guess there could be bottom feeders that go down the list of every seller looking for 10 cent cards but I doubt there are that many of them.

Last edited by Mizzurawar; 08-27-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Mizzurawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, there are bottom feeders thats will spend all day looking for cards priced under 10 cents via the "sort by lowest price" function. I dont know what they always do with them, but it seems that 10 cents is the magic number.

As far as I know, there is no form of advanced sorting or searching technique on the site, outside of search by lowest price and biggest percent off... Yet.
zebrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ok thank you!