Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay two identical auction listings at once? (now allowed?)

In the past, I'm sure that eBay would NOT allow two identical auctions at the same time. They would cancel one or both of the auctions.

Just this week, I mistakenly listed the same exact card twice, 5 day auction, start at the same time, ending the same time, same pic, same title, same description, same everything.

2012-13 Panini NBA Hoops Norris Cole Miami Heat RC Rookie Impact Auto | eBay

2012-13 Panini NBA Hoops Norris Cole Miami Heat RC Rookie Impact Auto | eBay

I didn't catch my mistake until both items ended. Buyers were not happy, both wanted the card. It was not a pretty situation. But I was able to satify both buyers with a solution.

My questions is: does eBay now allow two identical items up for auction at the same time? Or is it still against their policy but they just missed this one?
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I recently saw a seller list the same football card twice with the same serial number. They both stayed up until both got bids and when that happened one was removed. I assume the seller took it down.
mh01460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

I found an answer on eBay's help page.

Duplicate listings policy

Sounds like it's a judgement call on eBay's part. They don't mind duplicate listings if the items are popular and sell well. I see other sellers are doing it with new products, and they are selling pretty well, and the listings are not getting removed.

So it looks like you can do it, as longs as the item gets some bids and sell well, whatever that means...

EDIT: I just heard back from another eBay seller who is selling multiple duplicate items. He says as long as 40% of the duplicate items sell, then you can keep selling duplicate auctions of that same item.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 08-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I found an answer on eBay's help page.

Duplicate listings policy

Sounds like it's a judgement call on eBay's part. They don't mind duplicate listings if the items are popular and sell well. I see other sellers are doing it with new products, and they are selling pretty well, and the listings are not getting removed.

So it looks like you can do it, as longs as the item gets some bids and sell well, whatever that means...

EDIT: I just heard back from another eBay seller who is selling multiple duplicate items. He says as long as 40% of the duplicate items sell, then you can keep selling duplicate auctions of that same item.
That means that as long as eBay is getting a decent amount of FVF's you can take up a little more of thier bandwidth.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

I saw one of most popular and well respected case breakers list a BC Red refractor auto via an auction and as a BIN. I sent them a message asking if they meant to leave the BIN on and they simply responded they would end the auction if someone clicked the BIN.

Didn't seem quite right, but I guess after reading this there is nothing wrong with it (policy wise).
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
I saw one of most popular and well respected case breakers list a BC Red refractor auto via an auction and as a BIN. I sent them a message asking if they meant to leave the BIN on and they simply responded they would end the auction if someone clicked the BIN.

Didn't seem quite right, but I guess after reading this there is nothing wrong with it (policy wise).
Selling the *same identical* item in two different listings is against policy, as stated on that eBay page I linked. so that seller is in fact breaking policy, but oh well, I'm not the eBay police so what do I care...

Just to be clear, I was talking about listing two cards that are duplicates, not identical, at the same time. That is allowed but restricted.

By duplicate, I mean the cards are physically different cards. But they have the same # and player, come from the same set/subset/insert, and not serial numbered so there is no way to distinguish them apart in a listing, other than some super high res scan so you can see the differences in the imperfections and what not.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 09-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.