Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default eBay seller problem

I purchased a jersey card and got it today. The window has THREE creases. I asked if he would ship in a PWE. He said yes but he is not responsible for damaged mail. I replied and said that is fine but aske him to use decoys. I got it today without decoys as I ha stated to use. Is this neg worthy? I'm kinda upset because I don't see another like it. Plus I said USE DECOYS

Should I:

A. Leave a neg
B. File a claim
C. Ask for a refund
D. Let it go

Or would you do something else not listed?
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,921
Default

How much was the card?

also, wouldn't decoys in a PWE be around the same price to ship as bubble?
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,495
Default

you were kinda asking for it haha.

sometimes I don't use decoys PWE if I am shipping lots of cards at once because it will trip the weight sensors.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
How much was the card?

also, wouldn't decoys in a PWE be around the same price to ship as bubble?
I wouldn't think decoys would cost more. Why would they? and not too expensive but I don't see another like it an it looks horrible
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,687
Default

i realize people are desperate to open new threads but can't anyone make up their own mind anymore without guidance?
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
t2554's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,468
Default

Why would you ask him to use a PWE? To save $2? He probably didn't use decoys because that would be too thick for a PWE and it would get torn apart going through the sorting machine. The only mistake the seller made was agreeing to your request. I think you have to let it go.
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
you were kinda asking for it haha.

sometimes I don't use decoys PWE if I am shipping lots of cards at once because it will trip the weight sensors.
This was only one card though and the top loader was a size to big
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,533
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

If you neg him I hope he negs you back and he gets his removed.

You asked for PWE. Your own fault. Decoys or not.

Let it go.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Why would you ask him to use a PWE? To save $2? He probably didn't use decoys because that would be too thick for a PWE and it would get torn apart going through the sorting machine. The only mistake the seller made was agreeing to your request. I think you have to let it go.
Because his shipping was over $3 for a card that isn't high end at all. I only had a few bucks or I woulda paid the $3.50 shipping
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
If you neg him I hope he negs you back and he gets his removed.

You asked for PWE. Your own fault. Decoys or not.

Let it go.
Oh that's mature. Good to know that you have the knowledge to know sellers ant neg the buyer
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Because his shipping was over $3 for a card that isn't high end at all. I only had a few bucks or I woulda paid the $3.50 shipping
Was the shipping cost stated in the auction? if so, you should have not buy the card knowing the shipping was $3.50.... You made the request to be shipped in PWE, and by asking that, you assume the risk...which the seller mentioned that he will not be responsible for damages...

You can not have your cake and eat it too...

Also, he might not had a decoy card around to ship with the PWE...and had to run to the LCS to find some in the trash... only because you didn't want to spend $3.50 on shipping... again, if the shipping price was stated, you should not have participated in the auction if you are not welling to pay the price!!!
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 4,107
Default

I think you just let it go, chalk it up as lesson learned and move on
__________________
My PC Needs: Eagles!! (McCoy, Foles) Mariners!!(Felix Hernandez and Kyle Seager for daughters)
http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/Devi8or/
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/devi8or/a/football-autos
Devi8or is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,533
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Oh that's mature. Good to know that you have the knowledge to know sellers ant neg the buyer
You're clearly missing the point.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Was the shipping cost stated in the auction? if so, you should have not buy the card knowing the shipping was $3.50.... You made the request to be shipped in PWE, and by asking that, you assume the risk...which the seller mentioned that he will not be responsible for damages...

You can not have your cake and eat it too...

Also, he might not had a decoy card around to ship with the PWE...and had to run to the LCS to find some in the trash... only because you didn't want to spend $3.50 on shipping... again, if the shipping price was stated, you should not have participated in the auction if you are not welling to pay the price!!!
The card was pulled in a BOX! They have decoys so he had one
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigbadbloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,980
Default

requesting a PWE was your bad, plus it's just a jersey card so i would chalk this up as let go.
__________________
COLLECTOR, TRADER, AND SELLER OF PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING
Bigbadbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
I think you just let it go, chalk it up as lesson learned and move on
If not, it's called a box. CUT IT. God. Such obvious crap
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
requesting a PWE was your bad, plus it's just a jersey card so i would chalk this up as let go.
Thanks for the KIND opinion
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigbadbloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Thanks for the KIND opinion
sry I didn't give you the answer you wanted, but it IS your bad, as you DID request a PWE so leaving a neg is out. plus if he would have included dupes on either side it would have cost him the same as a bubbler.
__________________
COLLECTOR, TRADER, AND SELLER OF PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING
Bigbadbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
sry I didn't give you the answer you wanted, but it IS your bad, as you DID request a PWE so leaving a neg is out. plus if he would have included dupes on either side it would have cost him the same as a bubbler.
I don't understand what would make it cost the same
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
If not, it's called a box. CUT IT. God. Such obvious crap
obvious crap is that you already made up your mind, so why bother coming to the forum and "ask" for advice....

You don't want to own up to the fact that you didn't want to pay for the state shipping charge where the card was going to be protected, and then blame the seller for damaged card...

It is like buying a car and tell the dealer to remove the airbag and seat belt to save you money and then sue them for injuries after an accident..

Go leave the seller a negative since you don't want to acknowledge the fact that 100% of people on this board is saying that you made the mistake!!!
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

And that's the risk of shipping PWE.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigbadbloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
I don't understand what would make it cost the same
weight, size, and content. If a non-machinable PWE has a known obstruction within the envelope the Post Office increases the charge to $2.80 w/DC. One card won't generally do it, but three pieces of cardboard back to back will everytime.
__________________
COLLECTOR, TRADER, AND SELLER OF PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING
Bigbadbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,567
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

so here you go again whining to the board about something stupid and yet you expect us to side with you. You requested it get over it and move on. If the card is that important to you then pay the proper shipping price. If you expected him to ship it with all the decoys and such then you should have paid for the right method of shipping. You being cheap and cutting corners is not the sellers fault. PWE go thru machines thats why you don't send cards that way unless you want them to get damaged.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
weight, size, and content. If a non-machinable PWE has a known obstruction within the envelope the Post Office increases the charge to $2.80 w/DC. One card won't generally do it, but three pieces of cardboard back to back will everytime.
I only wanted one decoy taped to the front to protect the window. Whatever. As for Dustin, if it annoys you, ignore the thread. Unless you're another troll
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,548
Default

PWE...you asked for it...not his fault....eat the cost.
__________________
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminshes fear." - Rosa Parks

Last edited by iluvfish2; 08-30-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: edited - language
WilsonValdez is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.