Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default First Ever Chargeback Advice

Well, I got my first ever chargeback last night. I am glad it was not a huge card it is only a $12 charge, but I am still not very happy about it because I am guessing Paypal will side with the buyer.

I am posting to see if I have any chance of winning. I am guessing if I win I will get negative feedback though.

Here's the situation: I get an e-mail at about 2:00 am Central time saying a buyer filed a chargeback against me claiming the purchase was made without authorization to use the credit card. I was very surprised because this buyer has not contacted me once yet and the auction ended on July 25 and he promptly paid after the auction ended.

Here's were I'm guessing I'm really screwed, the tracking number gives different information when you click on it in Paypal or on Ebay. The last item it says on both these sites is, "Delivered to Processing Hub for international delivery." The problem with that is the item is not going out internationally unless the guy is having his mail forwarded their. I printed the shipping to go to his verified paypal address.

The interesting this is if you enter the tracking number on the USPS website it says the item has been delivered to the correct place.

Sorry for sob story almost every ebay seller has gone through, but I needed to get it all out and am wondering if I have any chance of winning and not getting negative feedback?

Last edited by iambp; 09-01-2012 at 09:35 AM.
iambp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

If the dc shows delivered to the address to the zip code that was provided via paypal you should be ok. Though you may have to argue with paypal a bit. I would give them a call and tell them the story.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I had a chargeback once. When I provided info showin it was delivered I beat the chargeback. Explain to them that the tracking shows delivered when searches on the USPS web site and you should be ok.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambp View Post
Here's were I'm guessing I'm really screwed, the tracking number gives different information when you click on it in Paypal or on Ebay. The last item it says on both these sites is, "Delivered to Processing Hub for international delivery." The problem with that is the item is not going out internationally unless the guy is having his mail forwarded their. I printed the shipping to go to his verified paypal address.

It appears this is a bug happening to almost everybody on ebay right now.
iambp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I had a chargeback once. When I provided info showin it was delivered I beat the chargeback. Explain to them that the tracking shows delivered when searches on the USPS web site and you should be ok.
Was it a chargeback for unauthorized use like the OP? Because I had the exact same thing happen and it didn't matter what the delivery status was, or that I even shipped it, they still sided with the buyer.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
trw

Had it happen to me a few years ago. I sold a CD on eBay for $80.00. Arrived with signature conformation. Month goes by and I get a charge back with unauthorized charge as the reason. Turns out the adult son used his Dad's credit card without permission. I lost the money and the CD, Even though they both lived in the same house.
trw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Was it a chargeback for unauthorized use like the OP? Because I had the exact same thing happen and it didn't matter what the delivery status was, or that I even shipped it, they still sided with the buyer.
yeah you know I wasn't even thinking. you are right. The charge back was for item not received.

The whole "unauthorized" use can really cause some problems. I am not saying its bad because as a credit card holder I would want to be protected but it would be a real pain in the arse to fight against scammers.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've had charge backs filed against me, and the buyer got a refund. However, I didn't lose any money at all.

I was covered by PayPal seller protection. I shipped within 1 day of payment, had tracking and sig conf (if over $250), and the DC# showed the item was delivered within 7 days. I got my full refund back.

This has happened to me twice, both times I had to issue a refund to the buyer. But both times PayPal covered my a** once they reviewed the DC# information. You might have to call them to get your refund back, push them a little.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote