Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay refund question

Just hit the 700 mark on my feedback rating today and I'm about to make my 2nd refund. Doing pretty well in that department...I guess this is more of me venting than a question. Got a message from the buyer today saying "this item is not what i thought it was i would like to return this item" It was a 6 card lot of atomic rookie refractors. I think he thought he was getting 6 Andrew Luck cards but I clearly had each card listed in the listing description. Just find it frustrating that the seller is obligated to refund for buyers mistakes...
khauser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

In my experience it is always better to accept refunds, pay for return shipping, and resell the item to a buyer that really wants it. Most buyers are honest and will appreciate the service and come back for you for more business. The true scammers and dead beats are rare. That is just my experience and opinion. Good luck.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I know buyers should read the listing, but if I saw that title and picture you used I would be expecting 6 Luck refractors as well. You only mention Luck in the title. Your picture shows the edges of 5 refractors with only Luck's face showing. That's borderline deceptive if you ask me.

Can you honestly say you weren't hoping bidders wouldn't read the description?

Refund and cross your fingers you don't get bad feedback.

Last edited by bigzig; 09-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
I know buyers should read the listing, but if I saw that title and picture you used I would be expecting 6 Luck refractors as well. You only mention Luck in the title. Your picture shows the edges of 5 refractors with only Luck's face showing. That's borderlone deceptive if you ask me.

Can you honestly say you weren't hoping bidders wouldn't read the description?

Refund and cross your fingers you don't get bad feedback.
Yeah, same to me.

Someone on a phone, for example, isn't always going to see the description. The title says Luck and the photo shows what appear to be 6 identical cards. They're fanned out perfectly to hide any way of identifying the other five (not saying it was intentional at all).

2012 Topps Finest Atomic Rookie Refractor Die Cut 6 Card Lot Andrew Luck | eBay

It's always best to CYA with a clear photo and title or expect this to happen sometimes.