Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What to expect when selling on COMC - 6 months worth of nerdy stats

Had posted this in a thread yesterday in the baseball forums but it will likely get lost in the shuffle. Wanted to cross-post here for anyone looking for info on COMC.

Will give a short rambling of my experience on COMC for other sellers to relate to or to know what to expect. I sent in about 1500 cards just under 6 months ago. From random 90's game-used and serial number cards all the way up to modern Bowman Chrome prospect autos. I've tracked my daily sales and made a chart to show the results. Also attaching a copy of what I consider more interesting sales. Just a random sampling of the type of stuff that sells.

I have only sent in this first batch. I'm sure if I sent in more my sales would see a boost, perhaps a dramatic boost given the large volume of sales I experienced in my first few days as a new seller. Also, I've only edited my pricing maybe once or twice in the last 6 months. Staying more on top of that would likely result in more sales as well. I'm not extremely active but I browse for sales occasionally and have made many purchases/flips. Some I keep on the site to flip there. Others I build up until I have a fair amount, then I have them shipped, and list on eBay. The numbers on the right of the first pic reflect ebay/comc flips.

From my experience, maybe 30-40% (didn't calculate this, just a total estimate) of cards sell outright at my price either through the site directly or through Amazon sales. The rest I've sold through accepting offers/counter-offering.
Attached Thumbnails
What to expect when selling on COMC - 6 months worth of nerdy stats-comc-sales.jpg   What to expect when selling on COMC - 6 months worth of nerdy stats-comc-charts.jpg  
Matt238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thank you for sharing your results. I love to see the successes of others on the site. You did fantastic on your flip of the Marino RC! You also got great selling prices on the cards that you showed.

So many people are missing out on COMC because they are unwilling or unable to determine what sells well on the site for good prices.

I had my first National Batch hit yesterday and as anticipated the sales on the 1998 Topps Tek Set that I sent in have been very good. Sales on my 2012 Topps Heritage Baseball have been another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt238 View Post
Had posted this in a thread yesterday in the baseball forums but it will likely get lost in the shuffle. Wanted to cross-post here for anyone looking for info on COMC.

Will give a short rambling of my experience on COMC for other sellers to relate to or to know what to expect. I sent in about 1500 cards just under 6 months ago. From random 90's game-used and serial number cards all the way up to modern Bowman Chrome prospect autos. I've tracked my daily sales and made a chart to show the results. Also attaching a copy of what I consider more interesting sales. Just a random sampling of the type of stuff that sells.

I have only sent in this first batch. I'm sure if I sent in more my sales would see a boost, perhaps a dramatic boost given the large volume of sales I experienced in my first few days as a new seller. Also, I've only edited my pricing maybe once or twice in the last 6 months. Staying more on top of that would likely result in more sales as well. I'm not extremely active but I browse for sales occasionally and have made many purchases/flips. Some I keep on the site to flip there. Others I build up until I have a fair amount, then I have them shipped, and list on eBay. The numbers on the right of the first pic reflect ebay/comc flips.

From my experience, maybe 30-40% (didn't calculate this, just a total estimate) of cards sell outright at my price either through the site directly or through Amazon sales. The rest I've sold through accepting offers/counter-offering.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Interesting...gota admit, ny first batch waqs about 300 cards last year...sales have been so so, usually check every 2 months to see if I am the lowest price...gets kinda tedious though, don't think I'll be able to check that oftenwhen my next batch of 500 hits.

mostly had been autos and GU, this time around, I needed to fill my submission so I sent in all my hockey (wasn't doing me any good) and a lot of numbered inserts.

COMC definately suprises me as there have been a lot of cards just bought outright at my selling price (which makes me think I underpriced them, but whatever, they had no attachment to them, so any money is good money)

I keep a spreadsheet of what I sent in or bought and then what they sold for...no where near as cool looking as yours with the graph...besides, I go weeks sometimes without a sale...

Keep up the good work
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

your doing way better than me, i sent in a batch of 500 little over a year ago and and still have 229 left, and that's only because I sold 40 cards to a guy at about .13 each. so I took a hit there. granite my stuff is mostly late 90s early 00s but oh well. I'd like to send some of the newer stuff in just afraid of the same out come. so i think i am just going to stick to doing a couple shows a year and call it a day.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Interesting. I had been thinking there is great potential to collect data and analyze sales on COMC and the Bay. I just changed my settings on COMC to sell on Amazon, had not known it was possible!