Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Received my First Neutral on eBay

Shipped in regular envelope. A little. cheap. To much faith in USPS.

This was for a 2011 Topps Xavier Nady base card. It was $0.99 with free shipping and I shipped in a PWE. The member is new to eBay with a feedback of 17.

I sent the buyer a feedback change request and the offer of a full refund and he will get to keep the card, obviously.

I'm a bit frustrated as I don't feel this deserved a neutral as he received his card in perfect condition. I know and understand the dangers and risk involved in shipping in a PWE but certainly this did not deserve a neutral....did it???
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

As long as it arrived in perfect condition I dont see where the issue would be.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I wouldn't worry about it. The exact same thing happended to me. Some buyers are just really picky. A neutral isn't the end of the world. If he negged you, it's a different story.

Last edited by Homerun; 09-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Homerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
As long as it arrived in perfect condition I dont see where the issue would be.
That is what I was gonna say
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Did the item description say shipping would be in a PWE? As a buyer, I hate buying a card shipped in a PWE and I want to know that risk before I buy.

Then again, for $0.99 TOTAL, I would not expect a bubble mailer. So the buyer is being a dingleberry. Sorry about your neutral. Nothing you can do except tell us the buyer ID so we can block if we so choose.

EDIT:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xavier-Nady-...item5ae9418a37

Description doesn't say anything about a PWE. I think "USPS First Class Package" means a bubble mailer, right? But then again, even if you did say PWE, I'm not sure the buyer wouldn't have neutralized you anyway. Buyer is mattoj402.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 09-10-2012 at 06:48 PM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

You are 100% correct sir...I guess I need to describe how the item will be shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Did the item description say shipping would be in a PWE? As a buyer, I hate buying a card shipped in a PWE and I want to know that risk before I buy.

Then again, for $0.99 TOTAL, I would not expect a bubble mailer. So the buyer is being a dingleberry. Sorry about your neutral. Nothing you can do except tell us the buyer ID so we can block if we so choose.

EDIT:
Xavier Nady 2011 Topps #137 Chicago Cubs | eBay

Description doesn't say anything about a PWE. I think "USPS First Class Package" means a bubble mailer, right? But then again, even if you did say PWE, I'm not sure the buyer wouldn't have neutralized you anyway. Buyer is mattoj402.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

You also want to be carefully sending a change request with a "offer of full refund". The best thing would be to refund the money and maybe a couple bucks extra, then send the request.

Never tie the request to the refund, it violates Ebay policy.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the info...I had no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
You also want to be carefully sending a change request with a "offer of full refund". The best thing would be to refund the money and maybe a couple bucks extra, then send the request.

Never tie the request to the refund, it violates Ebay policy.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I say respond with...

"I wish your mom had taken advantage of Roe V Wade"

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

in the grand scheme of things a neutral really is not anything to sweat. Wait until you get your first negative! That will tilt ya, at least it did to me.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

UPDATE:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the buyer generously accepted my offer. I feel that nobody needs to block him as a buyer or anything drastic...he is just new to eBay.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
You are 100% correct sir...I guess I need to describe how the item will be shipped.
No worries, that was my mistake as well. Was shipping items in pwes for months before their was an issue, but was given a neutral for it. Now I have a disclaimer that cards worth less than $5 with no shipping charged will be shipped pwe
Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Holy Mackerel there has been a break out of UnDouchebaggery today!

Glad to hear that this went well.

Quote:
UPDATE:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the buyer generously accepted my offer. I feel that nobody needs to block him as a buyer or anything drastic...he is just new to eBay.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
UPDATE:

"Generously" accepted your offer ? Man, hockey needs to get here soon, you're going soft without it. Nothing generous about it if nothing was wrong with the card when it arrived. Paid .99 DLVD , nothing wrong with the card and STILL bitching ? Buyer is a douchebag, new to fleabay or not.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

I recently got a NEGATIVE because a buyer thought a $1 insert was a "material" card.. no where on my item did it indicate anything but what I sold them... I asked them to revise the feedback because I clearly had sold them the proper item and did nothing wrong.. they revised it to a neutral saying my description was misleading lol

Had another customer leave 2 neutrals recently because they paid 2 seconds after winning 2 items and I could not combine their invoice. They never contacted me (I would have gladly refunded the difference and have offered to without response) but left the feedback stating I forced them to pay "full price"

... welcome to ebay lol
Old 09-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
I recently got a NEGATIVE because a buyer thought a $1 insert was a "material" card.. no where on my item did it indicate anything but what I sold them... I asked them to revise the feedback because I clearly had sold them the proper item and did nothing wrong.. they revised it to a neutral saying my description was misleading lol

Had another customer leave 2 neutrals recently because they paid 2 seconds after winning 2 items and I could not combine their invoice. They never contacted me (I would have gladly refunded the difference and have offered to without response) but left the feedback stating I forced them to pay "full price"

... welcome to ebay lol

Fleabay is having some issues lately. Buddy of mine was on the phone for 30 minutes and counting (I left before they figured it out... if they ever did) today with a fleabay csr because of their invoicing issues. Buyer won 3 auctions but my bud couldn't send them an invoice for the proper combined shipping total. He couldn't even adjust the shipping to free on two of the three cards and send individual invoices. Buyer was getting PO'd at him because he couldn't send one correct invoice fast enough for him but there wasn't anything he could do on his end through fleabay. I have to call him and find out how it turned out

Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Fleabay is having some issues lately. Buddy of mine was on the phone for 30 minutes and counting (I left before they figured it out... if they ever did) today with a fleabay csr because of their invoicing issues. Buyer won 3 auctions but my bud couldn't send them an invoice for the proper combined shipping total. He couldn't even adjust the shipping to free on two of the three cards and send individual invoices. Buyer was getting PO'd at him because he couldn't send one correct invoice fast enough for him but there wasn't anything he could do on his end through fleabay. I have to call him and find out how it turned out
in my case the buyer just paid too fast (I normally invoice following a complete auction run so no more than 30 minutes after purchase)... they blamed me for this lol. I guess they assumed the invoice would just combine itself?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

need a hug??????
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

I do admit I have gone soft. A few verbal warnings from Robert will do that to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
"Generously" accepted your offer ? Man, hockey needs to get here soon, you're going soft without it. Nothing generous about it if nothing was wrong with the card when it arrived. Paid .99 DLVD , nothing wrong with the card and STILL bitching ? Buyer is a douchebag, new to fleabay or not.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I do admit I have gone soft. A few verbal warnings from Robert will do that to you...
Yeah that silver tongued devil gave me a PM lashing a few times over the years as well. They're like battle scars for my PM box

Old 09-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
in my case the buyer just paid too fast (I normally invoice following a complete auction run so no more than 30 minutes after purchase)... they blamed me for this lol. I guess they assumed the invoice would just combine itself?
I dont sell on ebay, but as a matter of fact, there does seem to be an auto-invoice in there somewhere as there have been plenty of times where combined shipping charges have been done instantly without me having request an invoice.

Not at all suggesting you did anything wrong, just saying it can be done.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but my combined shipping works into invoices without my having to do anything. Buyers can pay for multiple items without me having to combine shipping, and it works. I think it has to do with creating a combined shipping rule in your store.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but my combined shipping works into invoices without my having to do anything. Buyers can pay for multiple items without me having to combine shipping, and it works. I think it has to do with creating a combined shipping rule in your store.
Correct. You set up combined shipping rules on the "sell my item" form. You can set it to automatically charge $.xx per extra card, and also set a max charge of $x.xx no matter how much is purchased.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote