Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Ebay Selling Question for you Guys

Hey guys so Ive am trying to sell a couple solid cards on here and ebay and am not having the greatest luck. I have them listed on ebay with reserve prices, because I dont want to get shorted. Just wondering, if I switch my listing to no reserve will bidders go with better bids because of no reserve, and will i get more bids? Just wondering what you fellow ebay users do when bidding on stuff. I mean these cards are great cards, and I want to get near my number I want.
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

If you want a specific amount you are better off starting out auctions at that price rather than a reserve.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Steph Curry & Matt Ryan
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

My experience as a buyer is when I see a reserve it means the seller wants way to much for his card. (not always true, but mostly true). If your reserve is at a reasonable price you would be better off just setting a minimum bid at what you would be willing to accept.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

This is just my opinion and my perspective. Every single time I see an item that I like, that has a reserve, I don't even bother bidding. No matter how much I want the card.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I'd remove the reserve. I dont like them personally (as a seller and/or buyer), but I know automatically if my max bid will or wont hit the reserve. I can only think of one time in some 12-15 years that a reserve wasnt hit and I was actually offered the card.

I'd either go BIN/BO (which is my preference) or set the auction at the minimum you want. Your likely to get less bids but you wont run the risk of taking less than you want for the card.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is just my opinion but if the items are already listed do not take off the reserve now. The damage has already been done and you have scared away bidders. Wait until the items end and then relist with the minimum bid being what you want on the cards. Good luck!
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Thank you guy for your thoughts. I think Im gonna redo the auctions and set some of them at my start bid at what id be willing to move for. The cards are at a around 100 bucks is the lowest Id want to take for them, and thats a generous price. I need the paypal, and I wouldnt be getting cut down to bad.
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote