Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'm somewhat new to this Ebay thing

I know--what rock was I hiding under. I won an auction the other day with a really lowball price. It was a PSA 8 card (but it did have a qualifier) which booked for $100. I won the auction with a price of $6.60! I paid for it immediately with PayPal, and later that day, I saw my payment being refunded, and the seller saying he could not charge me for it because it had become badly damaged. I was born in the morning, but not this morning. I know he was not happy with the price. Just wanted to get feedback from you all to see what is an appropriate next step. I find it unfair that I have to honor my bid as a buyer, and the seller can back out if they don't get the price they want. I appreciate all comments. Thanks!
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
XL5

It happens. Get your money back and be done with it. Sucks to miss out on a deal but that's life, you can't force him to hand over the card.

I the past month I've bought from buyers who have been robbed, been flooded, had a snake in their house, and "got a burn on the card" (whatever that means). In every case they were sorry, but the card was thus no longer available.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
I know--what rock was I hiding under. I won an auction the other day with a really lowball price. It was a PSA 8 card (but it did have a qualifier) which booked for $100. I won the auction with a price of $6.60! I paid for it immediately with PayPal, and later that day, I saw my payment being refunded, and the seller saying he could not charge me for it because it had become badly damaged. I was born in the morning, but not this morning. I know he was not happy with the price. Just wanted to get feedback from you all to see what is an appropriate next step. I find it unfair that I have to honor my bid as a buyer, and the seller can back out if they don't get the price they want. I appreciate all comments. Thanks!
HAHAHA that is a great line

about the ebay situation. Really there is not going to be much you can do. No one will be able to force him to mail you the card but what you can do, and I have actually done it to a seller that did this very exact same thing to me and that is to leave him a negative. And use your comment to state what happened. Whatever you do don't agree to cancel the transaction with him otherwise you cant leave a negative and he gets his fees back.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote