Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC Amazon Question

Do any of you COMC sellers use the amazon listing option? If I understand it right, it takes out another 20% fee for the amazon commission?

If you use it, does it have a noticible affect on your sales?

I've got about 1000 cards on COMC right now, and averaging 1-5 card sales per day. I'm just wondering if it would be benificial to take the fee hit and add the amazon option.

Thanks for any input.

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

I only have 100~ listed, and I haven't had one offer through Amazon (yes, I do have the option turned on)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Wouldn't this option end up taking a total of 40% of your sales? COMC already charges 20% for the paypal cashout and if Amazon takes 20% that would be brutal.

You would have your 20 cent per card processing fee +40% of the sale taken...

Also interested in Blaine Gabbert or Maurice Drew cards.
Sports2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've only been on COMC about six weeks. Still waiting for my cards to be added from the promo. I've flipped a few cards while I've been there though, and the first sale was on Amazon. Obviously it drastically effected the profit but I was still pleased. It depends on how your cards are priced, I guess, but I'll stick with it for now and see if I can shift any of the cards I add.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Taking a 20% offer automatically is better than dealing with 50% offers all the time from COMC members. I've been on COMC for over a year and I don't have 1000's of cards. I would always run around 400 cards, until recently with the 5yr offer. I probably sell at least 1 or two amazon offers a week. Which considering how many cards on are the site, that's not bad. I guess it depends on how many people are actually offering on Amazon too. That's my 2 cents. Plus I don't cash out, I'm just buying other cards. Once in a while I get a BO gift card.
Old Nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Amazon sales are full price. I jumped on this and have done pretty well. I figure your more than expanding your views/market for the additional price. If in doubt set the the price higher - might get lucky and get a sale on COMC and/or they can still send you an offer you'd accept.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
amazon sales are full price. I jumped on this and have done pretty well. I figure your more than expanding your views/market for the additional price. If in doubt set the the price higher - might get lucky and get a sale on comc and/or they can still send you an offer you'd accept.
+1 .
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

i have about 6000 card on comc. I sell on average of 10-15 cards a day in which 1-2 are from amazon, So im thinking around 10% of sales are amazon
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Is it possible to put only certain cards on Amazon? I have a few rarer ones that could probably benefit from the extra visibility.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Is it possible to put only certain cards on Amazon? I have a few rarer ones that could probably benefit from the extra visibility.
I'm pretty sure, it's all or nothing. Any extra exposure is great. I probably have around 1 or 2 a week selling through amazon right now. Took a little bit to take off as I hopped on when they first offered it and went maybe one card a month.

I have my auto accept at 20% off to match what amazon sales would do just to be fair to everyone. I still have full price sales come in, and other who will haggle over $1-$2 or less for 5 or 6 counter offers.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

I sell a lot of cards through Amazon, but it comes in spurts. For example, I sold 19 this morning, presumably to the same person. Of my last 650 cards sold on COMC, 119 were on Amazon. This works out to around 18%. But at other times, I've tabulated my results around 7%, so it varies widely.

The cards that tend to sell on Amazon are usually different than the cards that tend to sell on COMC. My general sense is that most of the buyers on Amazon are interested in the subject of the card, rather than the card itself. For example, when Davy Jones died, I sold a lot of Monkees cards, particularly the ones that had Davy Jones on them.

Non-sports and gaming cards do much better on Amazon than COMC. Lower grade, lower price vintage cards do well. Local stars and certain college alumni seem to do well. Cards that people need to complete sets seem to do well. But it's a much different market than COMC.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

UFC Ring Girls and WWE Divas are the only type cards I have sold thru amazon since taking advantage of the deal.