Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #226 (permalink)

lowered a bunch of prices today. offers always considered. 72% off on average to start with!

click below or to the left to see my items.

azsoxpatriots's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10

Last edited by Cactuspies; 11-12-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: update link
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #227 (permalink)
Banned

one suggestion. Double check the scans and listings COMC and buyers. I got 2 cards that are different then what was listed(out of a 71 card order this month).

Bought this listing
2005-06 Exquisite Collection #50
C.Villanueva JSY AU RC (Rookie Card) #117/225
Item: 1342499
got this.
also had another card that wasnt what was listed, but it was a $15BV i got another card $12BV.
What i think is happening when COMC scans and list is the YEAR is wrong.
The c. vilanueava is 2005 but i got a 2006 exquisite with the same card number.SUCKS cause the DUDE(pat. obryant) looks like Vilanueava in the thumbnail.
So much for my $100 Vilanueava RC. i got a $30 buck Obryant. sucks.

Found the other mistake. not that bad..
Listed as..bought as..
2007 Finest Rookie Autographs #109
Jordan Palmer F
Item: 1254468
Got this instead..

Last edited by h4auto; 11-14-2009 at 02:46 AM.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #228 (permalink)

As of this morning, I have surpassed 500 items sold. It has been a great first couple of weeks with COMC. Looking forward to many, many more in the future.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #229 (permalink)

h4auto, If I understand, you didn't look at the front and back of the cards you were purchasing to make sure the cards were what you were getting. You only looked at the thumbs. I know there are errors with the wrong card being in the wrong place (year, team, person, etc), but just by looking at the name on the card and year with their LARGE scans, one should be able to see what is what. This is also why they have the links to tell them what is wrong. I know COMC will take the cards back and refund you and give the cards back to the seller so you should be good if you contact them. This seems like a problem to take up with them and not on the boards.
I've contacted them before when I got something that was listed and priced incorrectly and they refunded me and gave the card back to the seller to fix. I have had my own cards listed incorrectly and had them fix the issue so they were correct.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
one suggestion. Double check the scans and listings COMC and buyers. I got 2 cards that are different then what was listed(out of a 71 card order this month).

Bought this listing
2005-06 Exquisite Collection #50
C.Villanueva JSY AU RC (Rookie Card) #117/225
Item: 1342499
got this.
also had another card that wasnt what was listed, but it was a $15BV i got another card $12BV.
What i think is happening when COMC scans and list is the YEAR is wrong.
The c. vilanueava is 2005 but i got a 2006 exquisite with the same card number.SUCKS cause the DUDE(pat. obryant) looks like Vilanueava in the thumbnail.
So much for my $100 Vilanueava RC. i got a $30 buck Obryant. sucks.

Found the other mistake. not that bad..
Listed as..bought as..
2007 Finest Rookie Autographs #109
Jordan Palmer F
Item: 1254468
Got this instead..
Am I understanding this correctly...you're admitting you don't take the time to look at what you're buying?

I think COMC is big on "you get the exact card that is pictured".
Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
h4auto, If I understand, you didn't look at the front and back of the cards you were purchasing to make sure the cards were what you were getting. You only looked at the thumbs. I know there are errors with the wrong card being in the wrong place (year, team, person, etc), but just by looking at the name on the card and year with their LARGE scans, one should be able to see what is what. This is also why they have the links to tell them what is wrong. I know COMC will take the cards back and refund you and give the cards back to the seller so you should be good if you contact them. This seems like a problem to take up with them and not on the boards.
I've contacted them before when I got something that was listed and priced incorrectly and they refunded me and gave the card back to the seller to fix. I have had my own cards listed incorrectly and had them fix the issue so they were correct.
Much better post than mine!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #232 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Thats life. I havent ask for a refund. Just posting HERE and NO WHERE ELSE so this Pro COMC board doesnt have to worry. This happened on a 71 card order, having to check and click 1000's of pictures to double and triple check purchases wouldnt be enjoyable anymore. AGAIN, if i bought 10 cards its understandable to check and triple check the cards more carefully.

So its justifiable what happened? AGAIN, i havent ask for a refund, just posting what happened and hope COMC doesnt do this to other buyers that are less forgiving then me. This could be posted ALL OVER THE other sports card boards. But it is not. Just here on the PRO COMC thread.

Hope the %'s of errors doesnt get worst at the buyers expense. Eventually this type of quality control(wrong cards,scratched chromes,etc) will catch up and ruin a good site.

If you all think is acceptable to have this errors at 2 per 71 cards, bash away, cause you all know it dont bother me or else i would be on the other forums posting on non Pro Comc sites.

For those that actually are successful business owners or just successful in life, you understand that its better to be told about problems by customers directly before that customer goes out and tells everyone ELSE instead. It gives the business owners the chance to correct the problem before the problem multiplies and does irreversible damage to the reputation of the company.

Cactus, would you rather me hide the faults that i experienced or post them on NON-PRO COMC forums? I can just post this on the other sport card sites if you think that is the better way?

Last edited by h4auto; 11-13-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #233 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

I can understand mixing up the 2 no name scrub qbs but how do you mix anyone up with villanueva? dude is pretty unique looking to say the least...I would've just emailed them.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #234 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
I can understand mixing up the 2 no name scrub qbs but how do you mix anyone up with villanueva? dude is pretty unique looking to say the least...I would've just emailed them.
when you look at the small thumbs, it actually looks like Villanueva before he plucked his brows' and maybe 12 years old. lol.

I actually look and search cards in the "TEXT" mode, more results fit on a page. the thumbs,list,details etc takes too much space. I never expected a mistake like this.
Wish the mistakes was the other way around, Expensive cards for nothing, instead.

PS: Did you see Villanueva's Sister? Looks bigger then him with long hair!

Last edited by h4auto; 11-14-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #235 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

That signature that did not start with anything resembling Charlie should have been the first clue......but like stated contact them they are good at making mistakes correct from what I have read. about to send them my first shipment they seem very up and up with some good customer service..
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #236 (permalink)

So It's been a while since i've used COMC. I quit because a lot of changes that I did not agree with were getting put in place earlier this year. However it seems some of those things never materialized or were retracted and I'm seriously considering coming back.

My question. What sorts of cards are selling for you guys on a regular basis? Is it mostly high price stuff like Autos/GU? Or mostly base and inserts? Hottest sport selling right now? How often a week are you getting hit up for sales?

I just want to know the temp of the water before I get back in. I'm thinking I'll start with an assortment of 07-09 A&G minis and mini parallels. Think there is interest in stuff like that?

Thanks,
Mizz
Old 11-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #237 (permalink)

I have not bought many cards the last two years or so-so, the stuff I have sent in to comc is mostly 2-10 years old. Lots of base cards, game used, parallels, etc. Most of my stuff books under $10. It all sells...how fast will depend on the price you are looking to set it at.

I sold a bunch of Yankees and Phillies stuff during the playoffs. Seems like several times each week, I get a player collector that buys 5 or more cards of the same player....someone bought about 30 Griffeys this week.

I can not say how pleased I am with how well the site works. I am selling stuff that I would just end up giving away.

My experience with A & G game used, are that people want them cheap! I turn down a lot of offer under $1.25 for these. I am not willing to get rid of them that cheap.
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #238 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzurawar View Post
So It's been a while since i've used COMC. I quit because a lot of changes that I did not agree with were getting put in place earlier this year. However it seems some of those things never materialized or were retracted and I'm seriously considering coming back.

My question. What sorts of cards are selling for you guys on a regular basis? Is it mostly high price stuff like Autos/GU? Or mostly base and inserts? Hottest sport selling right now? How often a week are you getting hit up for sales?

I just want to know the temp of the water before I get back in. I'm thinking I'll start with an assortment of 07-09 A&G minis and mini parallels. Think there is interest in stuff like that?

Thanks,
Mizz
All kinds of stuff sells - most of my inventory is low end cards, mostly inserts and parallels, and I get a few buyers a day usually. It's really random sometimes. This week I sold a bunch of 2005 UD All-Star Classics base cards of stars and veterans, lots of random football inserts from '07-'09, a few football inserts from 1996, and a bunch of '05 Topps baseball gold parallels. I'm guessing most of the low-end buyers are set builders or player collectors, but there's plenty of interest in higher end cards as well.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #239 (permalink)

Can a COMC Blowout gift certificate be used through out the day Friday on multiple purchases?

And if COMC cannot upload your November promo cards by the due date what would the fee price be?

BUY BUY BUY

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #240 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

As far as I know a BO/COMC Gift card can be used on Friday. Shouldnt be any reason why it wouldnt as its a Blowout gift card. Biggest issue would be getting the gift cert in time.

Kinda curious on the Nov. deadline as well. My cards are at 35% and have 2 days to go. Bigger downfall, I've got 10+ batches due 12/2 that I had hoped would make it by Black Friday, but doenst look to be the case
Old 11-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #241 (permalink)

My express order for BF got posted yesterday, buy something!!!

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
My cards are at 35% and have 2 days to go.
Mine have been at 35% for about a week now (due date of 12/01, cards shipped back mid-October). Does anyone know what this progress point indicates? Are the scanning? Entering the cards into their database? I sent in some fairly oddball stuff, and some of it I know isn't listed in Beckett (who never expand their older listings), so I'm wondering how long they spend trying to find stuff before giving up.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Mine have been at 35% for about a week now (due date of 12/01, cards shipped back mid-October). Does anyone know what this progress point indicates? Are the scanning? Entering the cards into their database? I sent in some fairly oddball stuff, and some of it I know isn't listed in Beckett (who never expand their older listings), so I'm wondering how long they spend trying to find stuff before giving up.
There is very little that is not in Beckett's database, that does not mean they will have prices. My cards are also at 35% and they are due tomorrow. They will likely get them done tomorrow, probably have not updated the percentages.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
There is very little that is not in Beckett's database, that does not mean they will have prices.
I'd say there is probably 5% more listed in the Standard Catalog that Beckett doesn't include, and Beckett hasn't added a Japanese set since 2002 (oddly, just about the time there would be some actual demand/need for those listings among a wider audience) or a minor league team set since 2006. There is a LOT that is not in Beckett's database.

I made sure to include notes for all of the cards I added, so hopefully they include them based on that instead of guessing. I'll price them myself, I just need for them to be listed correctly.

Last edited by DaClyde; 11-23-2009 at 12:47 AM.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quick question. I've been selling on comc for a couple weeks now. Do you guys constantly have cards that you have already priced, pop back up and say they need pricing?

I'm curious why this happens. At first I thought that somebody hijacked my account. So I changed my password. Then it happened again tonight. 2 more cards I just had added to my account that I priced on Sat. Popped back up again needing pricing tonight. Any clue?
ballcards23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballcards23 View Post
Quick question. I've been selling on comc for a couple weeks now. Do you guys constantly have cards that you have already priced, pop back up and say they need pricing?

I'm curious why this happens. At first I thought that somebody hijacked my account. So I changed my password. Then it happened again tonight. 2 more cards I just had added to my account that I priced on Sat. Popped back up again needing pricing tonight. Any clue?
anytime there is a change in the BV, your cards that are effected will be "de-listed" for your to update the selling price. It doesn't always work this way and you should get an email from one of the guys at COMC with a PDF list of the price changes. It is pretty sporadic sometimes and a lot of the times you may not even see the price changes. It seems to happen with the new stuff and when a guy goes hot or cold more often. I just had a ton of Maclins and Maroney's shift up and down over the past couple of weeks. It is normal for this to happen.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #247 (permalink)

Today's were for price changes most likely, you should have received an E-mail letting you know. I had 2 cards change in price today also.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #248 (permalink)

I hate those emails...only because every time I get one its pretty much I"m loosing value. Think one card went up (.20 to .30), while the cards listed in the email dropped close to 150 bucks...oh well. I have noticed though that not all of them get delisted, I wonder if it has to drop/increase a certain percentage?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #249 (permalink)

Well my cards got posted today, but disappointed that in the 135 cards I just listed, I had 7 errors. typically I see less than 1 error per 500 cards. I have a feeling they were pushing stuff through to avoid any penalties with todays due date. So if your looking for any Jordan/Lebron Inserts...new stuff listed

Also repriced a bunch of stuff today, almost 1000 cards using the bulk editor..so lots of deals to be had, hoping to maybe have some extra Black Friday Sale Money for COMC...or if I sell enough BO $$

iluvfish2's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com

Plus side I'm now up to 28th in total book value on the site
Old 11-26-2009, 03:38 AM   #250 (permalink)

100 new cards just added. 3 days early no less. Lots of 08 & 09 RCs GUs Autos for FB!
Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman and more!

azsoxpatriots's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com