Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #276 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfunke View Post
I see tons of cards listed at $0.20 on COMC, but how does that make any money for sellers when the listing fee is $0.15 per card? You'd have to have a sell rate of 75% just to break even on listing fees. What am I not getting? Thanks for any clarification.
A lot of them were likely listed for 10 cents when they had bulk listing prices.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfunke View Post
I see tons of cards listed at $0.20 on COMC, but how does that make any money for sellers when the listing fee is $0.15 per card? You'd have to have a sell rate of 75% just to break even on listing fees. What am I not getting? Thanks for any clarification.
Some of those are listed by the owner of the site. And like cardsrus said others were prolly submitted on cheap promo deals.

Also I think there are quite a few sellers that never cash out their sales. They use the money they make to buy other cards they want. So they are not taking the 20% hit on cashing out. A good way to essentially swap their unwanted cards for stuff they want.
ballcards23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #278 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Also sometimes thats the only way certain cards will sell...
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #279 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Some cards may of also been listed when the site first started up and fees were only .10 per card to list. Then again, everyone has their sale price

Big thanks to everyone...figured I wouldnt see many new cards listed today and my funds were down to 20 bucks after taking delivery...283 cards incoming to me

Feel free to make offers, I've got 14 batches due to process this week and pretty sure after fees are posted tomorrow morning I'll be in the negative again
Old 11-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #280 (permalink)

I would have to look to be exact, but I sold between 400-500 cards over the last 3 days or so. Been a great weekend for me. Bought lots and got some great deals as well. I price my cards to move though. I really do not see how some people make money on there. I have people buy my cards and price them for book value. 99.9% of cards are not going to sell for anywhere near BV. To each their own I guess. My method has been working great and I plan to stick with it. The one thing I do not like is when you are searching the sellers stats, it only lists the cards that you sent in. Not the cards that you own. So for me, it says I have 770 cards (or somewhere around that amount), but actually I have over 8,000+ cards in my inventory. Its not really that big of a deal, but it would help with exposure if the true stats where listed.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
I would have to look to be exact, but I sold between 400-500 cards over the last 3 days or so. Been a great weekend for me. Bought lots and got some great deals as well. I price my cards to move though. I really do not see how some people make money on there. I have people buy my cards and price them for book value. 99.9% of cards are not going to sell for anywhere near BV. To each their own I guess. My method has been working great and I plan to stick with it. The one thing I do not like is when you are searching the sellers stats, it only lists the cards that you sent in. Not the cards that you own. So for me, it says I have 770 cards (or somewhere around that amount), but actually I have over 8,000+ cards in my inventory. Its not really that big of a deal, but it would help with exposure if the true stats where listed.
I agree that they should show the true stats.

I had one card that was relisted at BV. I was a little upset, someone sent me a real low-ball offer, I countered with 50% off BV to sell it, and they re-listed it at BV.

It was a 2003 UD Prospect Premiere Jake Fox auto. I listed it for $35, and thought it was fair since the ones I saw on ebay were listed at BV. He offered $21, I countered and sold for $25, and this guy goes and relists it at the $50 BV.

So I've sold 3 cards in a week and a half, one of which was a "flip."

Ended up buying (46) 2008 Goudey SP's to try to complete the 1-300 set. I now need 1 more card for 1-300.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post

I had one card that was relisted at BV. I was a little upset, someone sent me a real low-ball offer, I countered with 50% off BV to sell it, and they re-listed it at BV.

It was a 2003 UD Prospect Premiere Jake Fox auto. I listed it for $35, and thought it was fair since the ones I saw on ebay were listed at BV. He offered $21, I countered and sold for $25, and this guy goes and relists it at the $50 BV.

Ended up buying (46) 2008 Goudey SP's to try to complete the 1-300 set. I now need 1 more card for 1-300.

I don't mind it when someone relists one of my cards. Its part of the game on COMC. I just do not see how someone sells a card for $2 when there are 15 of them listed at $.50. I will only accept a deal that I am happy with, so after its gone, I am satisfied. If they want to try to make a little more on it then thats fine. My prices are usually low enough for others to flip so I kind of expect it.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #283 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
I don't mind it when someone relists one of my cards. Its part of the game on COMC. I just do not see how someone sells a card for $2 when there are 15 of them listed at $.50. I will only accept a deal that I am happy with, so after its gone, I am satisfied. If they want to try to make a little more on it then thats fine. My prices are usually low enough for others to flip so I kind of expect it.
I understand, my deal just didn't sit right with me. I'm new to COMC, so "live and learn."

I do like the option of flipping cards though. I found someone had a Jason Kidd auto for $12.49, so I picked it up, and sold it in less than a week for $17.49. Quick $5 profit.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #284 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post

Lots of times i relist a purchase for 5x the BV just for fun. But i just relist the card until i am ready for shipment. So maybe your buyer is just listing it until they request a shipment. It shouldnt matter what a person does with the card after they buy it though.

I just requested everycard in my inventory today. Basically i start from zero every month and accumulate cards until the next months shipment.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #285 (permalink)

For those that are interested...just had a case worth of Tristar projections Autos (both singles, dual, triple, and quads) post along with the parallels and a bunch of 09 National Promo's - Elite FB
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Some cards may of also been listed when the site first started up and fees were only .10 per card to list. Then again, everyone has their sale price

Big thanks to everyone...figured I wouldnt see many new cards listed today and my funds were down to 20 bucks after taking delivery...283 cards incoming to me

Feel free to make offers, I've got 14 batches due to process this week and pretty sure after fees are posted tomorrow morning I'll be in the negative again
As long as you gave them an accurate count on what was sent in your balance should not go down, the fees have already been taken out.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #287 (permalink)

no..monthly storage fees come out tomorrow Dec 1
Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
no..monthly storage fees come out tomorrow Dec 1
Thanks for the reminder!

Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #289 (permalink)

Just means get your shipping request in first
Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #290 (permalink)

Well, my submission was finally processed, but I was a bit disappointed in the notification:

Quote:
We finished processing your shipment of 77 cards. 15 cards are being returned, and 62 cards have been added to your 'DaClyde' account. $12.30 of your store credit was used to cover the processing fee.
I replied asking of COMC's licensing deal with Beckett is somehow exclusive, precluding them from using any OTHER resources for checklists and pricing. I'm guessing most of what is coming back to me is Japanese or oddballs that SCD lists but Beckett ignores.

Then there's the matter of my having sent in 85 cards in that submission....

Last edited by DaClyde; 11-30-2009 at 08:16 PM.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #291 (permalink)

Interesting, can't say I've had any cards come up missing. If your 100% sure you had 85 ccards in the lot, I'd directly contact Tim.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Interesting, can't say I've had any cards come up missing. If your 100% sure you had 85 ccards in the lot, I'd directly contact Tim.
I'll have to do that, then. I know there were 85 because I typed up a list of what each card was, complete with set name, player name and card number in an attempt to avoid some confusion. It would appear they probably just tossed that when they got my cards based on the way many of them were labeled when the showed up on the site (had about a dozen corrections to do in the 62 cards they did add to my inventory), but I still have the list.

I was really hoping they'd at least scan and post all of the cards, leaving it up to me to fill in the details for those that weren't in Beckett, but no such luck. I guess they just didn't have time to bother during the rush.

Last edited by DaClyde; 11-30-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #293 (permalink)

You do have some interesting cards and that hist will be a huge backer for you. Did you spend some time overseas, or is this just a focus of your collection?

Tim is pretty quick to respond 9/10 times and I think via phone has been really good (I've only emailed him and talked to him in person).
Old 11-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #294 (permalink)

No travel quite that far, yet, but I have managed to snag a couple of big lots of Japanese cards lately. Real pity Matsuzaka and Uehara both went and got hurt this year, Fukudome is a wash, Johjima is heading home and people seem to have lost interest in Okajima, or I'd clean up!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #295 (permalink)

DaClyde,

Just out of curiosity, what is the story with that Non-Jersey, Jersey card you have. I don't understand what it is or why they would mark it like that. It peaked my interest.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #296 (permalink)

If Dice K can get it moving again, his cards will move very quickly. Didnt know Johjima was heading back (there goes the few cards I'm holding onto of his, but then again they help fill those 06 Ultra Sets).
Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #297 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
DaClyde,

Just out of curiosity, what is the story with that Non-Jersey, Jersey card you have. I don't understand what it is or why they would mark it like that. It peaked my interest.
I thought it was odd as well. Every year, BBM does boxed sets for the Climax Series (NPB's version of the LCS) and the Nippon Series (their World Series), usually somewhere between 30-60 cards. My price guide only goes up to mid-2005 (I'll pick up the new one when I unload some cards here), but in earlier sets they'd insert something like 100 actual game used cards and 900 of these non-game used cards across however many thousands of sets they produced.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #298 (permalink)

Does anyone know if there will be any December submission specials? I was going to send some cards in tomorrow but was wondering if I should hold off.
cygtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #299 (permalink)

I havent heard of any, my guess is they will be very busy for the next month packing up cards, that we may not see any (also gives them a chance to catch up on things).
Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #300 (permalink)

hey guys/gals,
I'm looking for some feedback on this idea I have. I'm sure sales are going to slow some right now with the economy, the holidays and such, so I was trying to find a way to be able to move some more cards. Feel free to steal the idea also or tweak it some, I don't mind.
I was going to take my top BV & priced cards w/no BV cards which for me i'm going to go with $20 and up (50 listings in my case) and give each a # 1-50 and using random.org randomize them (I have already done this 12 times) and them take a list of percentages 50-55-60-65-70-75-80-85-90-95 give each a number 1-10 and Randomize that list (done this 12 times) and then give each one of those lists a # from 1-12 and randomize each one of those lists for the %'s 12 times (done this). I was going to take the 12th list that was created for the cards and the 12th that was created for the % and take the first random card or the top 5 and mark them down by the last random % list that popped up in numberical order. I would do this each day at some point to use as my daily special. There may be times that I would actually lose $ on some of the cards if the right percent popped up, but thats all up to the random gods. Let me know what you think. It's not as confusing as I have made it to sound. I have all the lists in excel right now if I were to do this today. I'm just looking for some feedback to see if this sounds like a good idea or not and any tweaks you may have for me.

Thanks!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote