Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #301 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

It could work. I've also toyed with the idea of doing a special card per day and put it on the forums and those that are interested, make an offer as it will be sold tonight to the highest offer. Doesnt necessarily maximize your viewings, but would move cards.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #302 (permalink)

Got my first batch posted 2 days ago. Its small with only about 140 cards , but feel free to make me some offers!
dooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
You do have some interesting cards and that hist will be a huge backer for you. Did you spend some time overseas, or is this just a focus of your collection?

Tim is pretty quick to respond 9/10 times and I think via phone has been really good (I've only emailed him and talked to him in person).
Any chance you could shoot me his email address? So far I've had no response from the staff@comc address.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #304 (permalink)

Of my last batch I had 2 cards listed incorrectly. I completed the error form ~10 days ago and haven't heard anything nor have they been fixed. Last week I gave them some slack, I know there were slammed with BF orders. This week I'm starting to loose patience.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #305 (permalink)

I had 10+ errors in my lot of 160 cards (I did some priority) and they've yet to be corrected and I've contact Tim as well....but here is his and Steve's email addresses. last I knew Steve was the one in charge of the card identification.

Tim Getsch <TimGetsch@checkoutmycards.com>,
Steve Hollander <stevehollander@checkoutmycards.com>,
Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #306 (permalink)

Quote:
I had 10+ errors in my lot of 160 cards (I did some priority) and they've yet to be corrected and I've contact Tim as well....but here is his and Steve's email addresses. last I knew Steve was the one in charge of the card identification.

Actually Mark Boyer is the one in charge of "fixing" the errors. Best advice I can give is to keep clicking the "Wrong Data?" button at least once a day. Don't be shocked if it takes a month or more to get something fixed, Tim really needs to address this with Mark.

MarkBoyer@checkoutmycards.com

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
Actually Mark Boyer is the one in charge of "fixing" the errors. Best advice I can give is to keep clicking the "Wrong Data?" button at least once a day. Don't be shocked if it takes a month or more to get something fixed, Tim really needs to address this with Mark.

MarkBoyer@checkoutmycards.com
Thanks for the address. I think they'd really benefit from letting sellers fix their own cards, rather than having to rely on a single person to handle that. Especially if it's something as simple as an incorrect player name, but even fixing the set names should be workable. I'm just curious if their licensing deal with Beckett precludes them from use any other sources of checklist information. If that's the case, they're severely crippled as Beckett continues to ignore sets that aren't issued by the big 4 or 5 companies.

I've seen some Broder-style cards on the site before (and actually bought an oddball Hensley Meulens), so I know they've added non-Beckett stuff in the past. I'd like to know why they stopped.

I've got a LOT more stuff I'd like to send in, but not until I get some resolution on why 15 cards are being returned and another 9 are MIA.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #308 (permalink)

Is there a way to change your e-mail address on comc
Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #309 (permalink)

Does anyone know how COMC handles players that are often listed by nicknames? I recently send in several Tuffy Rhodes cards, and some show up under search result for both "Karl Rhodes" and "Tuffy Rhodes", but some only show up under "Tuffy Rhodes". Any idea what their policy is?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #310 (permalink)

Think it depends on how the card is listed by beckett, what ever beckett uses, thats how they have it cataloged.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #311 (permalink)

I had one error in my listings and it was fixed 1 day after i reported it last week
dooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #312 (permalink)

Default One Collector's Experience

I'll share my stats as Antilawyer on COMC: Items sold 361; Total price of those items: $3,196 (just under $10 per card);Remaining items in inventory: 528 (with 201 on the way); total BV of those 528: $5,655 (you can see my targets); total asking price ($4,881 - a good number of /5s and /20s and high prospect autos). The customer service for me has been stellar. I will keep sending in blocks of 200/300 a couple times a year. I used to think I had to offer deep discounts off 'book' but it turned out to not be so. I'm merely a collector who went on buying sprees in 2005 and 2008 and finally figured out where my PC efforts will be. The remainder, excluding commons, go up the road to Seattle. I wish I could move some commons! Thanks to all who have purchased from and sold to me.
Jack Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #313 (permalink)

Quote:
Think it depends on how the card is listed by beckett, what ever beckett uses, thats how they have it cataloged.
That's probably correct. COMC seriously needs to think OUTSIDE the Beckett box.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #314 (permalink)

Just a heads up for other COMC sellers...

I was under the impression that when you submitted cards to be processed, that COMC would separate those cards into as few batches as possible (1-500 cards = 1 batch, 501-1000 cards = 2 batches, 1001-1500 cards = 3 batches, etc). Well apparently if you ship the cards in more boxes than number of batches you should have, they will split the order up into enough batches to match the # of boxes you used to ship them.

So if you didn't make any sense out of what I just typed, an example would be if you ship 1000 cards in a flat rate box, and use 3 storage boxes to submit those cards, they will break your submission up into 3 batches instead of 2. If you submit 1500 cards in 5 separate boxes, they will break your submission into 5 batches instead of 3. Each extra batch will cost you an additional $3 in processing.

Now, if you simply include a note saying to process your 1000 card order as 2 batches, they will honor your request... but it is not done automatically like you might think it would be. I was a little surprised to find this out today. Its not too big of a deal as I'll just include instructions with every submission I send from now on. But just a heads up to other sellers NOT to expect them to separate your submission into the least # of batches possible unless you specifically instruct them to do that. If not, it could end up costing you extra $.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #315 (permalink)

Mike the instructions dont always work either, I always include a note in mine detailing what should be charged for the submission but it doesnt always work. I'm now going a step further and boxing the cards according (typically I put 250 in each blaster box, but if its just base I can put 300). I'm not using packing tape to combine a 300 ct box and a 200 ct blaster so that I've got 500 cards for batch 1, then do the same for batch 2, etc.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #316 (permalink)

Quote:
Mike the instructions dont always work either, I always include a note in mine detailing what should be charged for the submission but it doesnt always work. I'm now going a step further and boxing the cards according (typically I put 250 in each blaster box, but if its just base I can put 300). I'm not using packing tape to combine a 300 ct box and a 200 ct blaster so that I've got 500 cards for batch 1, then do the same for batch 2, etc.
Yikes. We really shouldn't have to jump through that many hoops for them to get things right. Regardless of how sellers ship their cards, they should be charging what is stated on the website (IE the processing cost per card depending on service level + $3 per 500 cards). Whether the seller wants to use (5) 200 ct boxes to send 1000 cards or (2) 500 ct boxes or any other combination, its still 1000 cards and should be charged accordingly. After problems with them receiving cards on my last 2 submissions, I guess its a little comforting to know I'm not the only one having issues with them... on the other hand, its not a good sign either.

Honestly, its not THAT big of a deal to me as long as they ultimately get things right... but when simple math on their end becomes an issue when they are receiving cards, its more than a little annoying.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Yikes. We really shouldn't have to jump through that many hoops for them to get things right. Regardless of how sellers ship their cards, they should be charging what is stated on the website (IE the processing cost per card depending on service level + $3 per 500 cards). Whether the seller wants to use (5) 200 ct boxes to send 1000 cards or (2) 500 ct boxes or any other combination, its still 1000 cards and should be charged accordingly. After problems with them receiving cards on my last 2 submissions, I guess its a little comforting to know I'm not the only one having issues with them... on the other hand, its not a good sign either.

Honestly, its not THAT big of a deal to me as long as they ultimately get things right... but when simple math on their end becomes an issue when they are receiving cards, its more than a little annoying.
I have always included the form filled out from their site and have not had any problems yet. Any boxes in the Flat Rate box has the card count clearly noted on it.
I did find that you cannot mix the monthly specials with the regular service's, you will have a separate batch for the specials.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #318 (permalink)

I send in exactly 500 cards at a time. I don't see any reason to leave chances for mistakes.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:27 AM   #319 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I send in exactly 500 cards at a time. I don't see any reason to leave chances for mistakes.
I didn't really think that sending exactly 1000 cards left much room for mistakes... but I guess I was wrong. If shipping 500 cards at a time were cost effective for me, I would do that. But it actually costs me the same amount to ship 1000 cards as it does to ship 500 cards. So doubling my shipping costs doesn't make much sense. I guess even if 1000 divided by 500 = 3 at COMC, its only costing me $3 more than it should, where as I'd spend $10 more than I should if I sent 500 cards at a time.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I didn't really think that sending exactly 1000 cards left much room for mistakes... but I guess I was wrong. If shipping 500 cards at a time were cost effective for me, I would do that. But it actually costs me the same amount to ship 1000 cards as it does to ship 500 cards. So doubling my shipping costs doesn't make much sense. I guess even if 1000 divided by 500 = 3 at COMC, its only costing me $3 more than it should, where as I'd spend $10 more than I should if I sent 500 cards at a time.
Since I send in a lot of encased cards, I can't get many more than 500 in a flat rate box at a time. I definitely can't get 1000 cards in one box, so it's actually most cost efficient for me to send in only 500 each time.

I'm surprised if everything is clearly marked that COMC would process them differently. Hopefully if that's the case, they get that fixed soon.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #321 (permalink)

Look guys - its real easy to fix if it happens. I'm not exagerating - I have 13,000 cards in processing waiting to be posted. If you see that they could have minimized the batch number, send them an email and they credit your account back with the extra $3. They did it for me in less than a day. Also, sometimes they will not charge you all of the individual batch charges. I have one pending "batch" that has 2000 cards in it. Generally, they make the seperate batches to make them easier to process on their end. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #322 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Look guys - its real easy to fix if it happens. I'm not exagerating - I have 13,000 cards in processing waiting to be posted. If you see that they could have minimized the batch number, send them an email and they credit your account back with the extra $3. They did it for me in less than a day. Also, sometimes they will not charge you all of the individual batch charges. I have one pending "batch" that has 2000 cards in it. Generally, they make the seperate batches to make them easier to process on their end. Don't sweat the small stuff.
The bottom line is, it shouldn't be that difficult to divide 1000 by 500. The answer should be 2 every time. Its not always 2 at the COMC offices for whatever reason. Sellers should not have to double check their simple math to make sure they are getting it right.

The post was made to help other sellers who don't put exactly 500 cards in each box they are sending in for submission. And you're right, they are quick to attend to any e-mail you send telling them of an issue like this. The problem is not the customer service response time... the problem is with the follow through. When I alerted them of their mistake yesterday, they said they would credit my account for $3. Cool. But it still hasn't happened yet... which wouldn't concern me as much if it were not for the fact that I submitted a 450 card lot about a month ago, and they have it posted in my pending submissions as a 493 card lot. I let them know of that mistake immediately about a month ago and they said they'd take care of it. They still haven't. I've reminded them twice. Still nothing changed. So saying you are going to correct an error is not the same as actually correcting the error, regardless of how minor the error might be.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #323 (permalink)

Just got my first shipment of cards from CMC today, got them pretty fast since it was the Thanksgiving special I thought it would take at least a month and they came packaged nicely with a lot of top loaders for the over sized cards very nice cards all together CMC is the best.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #324 (permalink)

Quote:

I finally emailed Tom, Mark and Steve altogether a couple of days ago and Tim just emailed me back. So it looks like the staff@ address has at LEAST a 2 week backlog for answering, making it almost not worth using. Hopefully they can figure out what happened to my missing cards.

And apparently I can still order from COMC and get my cards in about a week, but they're taking their sweet time getting the 15 cards back to me they didn't enter into the system.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #325 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Just got my first shipment of cards from CMC today, got them pretty fast since it was the Thanksgiving special I thought it would take at least a month and they came packaged nicely with a lot of top loaders for the over sized cards very nice cards all together CMC is the best.
Double and triple check. i just got my cards today. ONLY 3 mistakes out of 80 cards i bought this past month. Good thing is the packing was way way better then before

Also bought this with my card sales the last 6 months!
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote