Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
Also bought this with my card sales the last 6 months!
Awesome, I hope I can make enough to get my very own Corvette tail light!
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #327 (permalink)

Default What NOT to send to COMC

Based on experiences with COMC, does anyone have some good guidelines on what NOT to submit to COMC for addition to their inventory?

So far, I have concluded the following are not acceptable:

Any non-American cards not listed in Beckett (if they do get listed, they'll be listed incorrectly, some older Mitsuya discs didn't make the cut, nor did the Konami Field of 9 card)

Any team issued cards not listed in Beckett (my 1978 Padres Family Fun Winfield is on its way back)

Any other oddballs not listed in Beckett (my 1986 Big Apple Mets/Yankees Rickey Henderson is coming back)

Any minor league team set cards not issued by Choice, Grandstand, MultiAd (I'm assuming all of the 2008 historical Columbus set is coming back)

Last edited by DaClyde; 12-17-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #328 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

My current guidelines are pretty simple, but I dont open much off brand. Pretty much for me, its busted, listed on the forums (the case/box break), if I get posts/PM's on cards, I'll try to sell them there, if its high end it goes to ebay, everything else goes into a box and off to COMC every month or two.

When I go through my inventory in my basement if its an insert (parallel, SN, auto, gu, etc), its heading into the COMC box as long as its not one from a set I'm collecting (and then it depends if I have it or not).
Old 12-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #329 (permalink)

Lowered prices, under a hundred cards left. Mostly newer football, someone buy me out!
anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #330 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
Double and triple check. i just got my cards today. ONLY 3 mistakes out of 80 cards i bought this past month. Good thing is the packing was way way better then before

Also bought this with my card sales the last 6 months!
Yea I actually did triple check it and a found a missing auto, I emailed CMC on Sunday and on Wednesday the auto showed up in my mailbox
Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #331 (permalink)

Default comc sale

I have just under $28000 in book value looking to sale the whole port,make some offers there is some pretty nice cards.comc user bigkoi2008
koiman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #332 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koiman08 View Post
I have just under $28000 in book value looking to sale the whole port,make some offers there is some pretty nice cards.comc user bigkoi2008
Koiman has a nice collection.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #333 (permalink)

Default Sloppy submission, round 2

Another submission, this one only 50 cards, and apparently I'm getting 16 back. I'm completely confused by this pile of returnees because those 16 were all Calbee and Upper Deck Victory cards. My previous submission had several Calbee and UD Victory cards added to my inventory, even from the very same sets!

This last batch, I sent in for Express processing, and they actually had them done 4 days early, so I'm wondering if the faster they process, the more mistakes they make, or whether the staff doing the actual submission processing aren't all on the same page when it comes to which cards to accept and which to reject.

I SHOULD have had about a half dozen Ryota Igarashi cards added to my inventory, which probably would have sold fairly quickly and at a nice profit, due to his recent signing with the Mets. Instead, I'm likely to have to wait until the end of January to see those cards again (at which point, I'll probably just need to sell as a Sportlots Auction).

They're not inspiring a lot of confidence in me.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #334 (permalink)

For those of you who have converted COMC into a Blowout gift card, how long did the process take? ty
Old 12-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #335 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
For those of you who have converted COMC into a Blowout gift card, how long did the process take? ty
couple hours up to possibly a day. Depends on when Tim or whoever deals w/these at COMC gets the info over to blowout. You will receive an email with your gift code. I have done it 2 or 3 times and it was a really fast turn around.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #336 (permalink)

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the Bulk Pricing Editor from a Mac?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #337 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Another submission, this one only 50 cards, and apparently I'm getting 16 back. I'm completely confused by this pile of returnees because those 16 were all Calbee and Upper Deck Victory cards. My previous submission had several Calbee and UD Victory cards added to my inventory, even from the very same sets!
I got a reponse, and apparently they're holding up Japanese cards for processing until Tim gets a chance to talk to the folks at Beckett about whether or not they have any plans to update their Japanese listings.

In other news, they did finally fix the Lime Rock Winter League Diamond Star cards I submitted and acknowledged that there was indeed an insert set, after I sent them scans of a pack, the entry for the set in the Standard Catalog, as well as a copy & paste of Beckett's OPG entry of the set.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #338 (permalink)

As of today's postal delivery, everything is square again with COMC. Not sure where the mix-up happened with the number of cards I'd attempted to submit, but I received everything back they didn't added to the system. Yes, they swiped all of my penny sleeves when they returned the cards, but at least all the cards are present and accounted for. So to Tim, Mark, Steve & Jeff: thanks for all the effort and Happy New Year. I'll try to submit less obscure stuff in the future (even though I'd REALLY like to see it listed on COMC).
Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #339 (permalink)

I have 2 suggestions for COMC.
1: It would be nice to have the option of posting up obscure cards/non-sport cards, like without the BV, you would just scan the card and make a basic listing of it and let the owner just price it whatever they feel it should be, that would be really cool.

2: It would be great to have a feature in the search to set a price range of BV you want to search for, like all cards below or above X amount. For instance I'd like to be able to single out all the cards worth, say over $25 each, but at the same time only show me the ones that are 70% off.
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 AM   #340 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Something I wish you could do, but it would probably be too much work since you would have to go back and label every single card in the inventory, would be if you could search by team, or just to search game used cards or autos. Its annoying when you search "auto*" that you miss out on cards that are labeled "signature" or something else. Same thing if you just search Jersey Cards you miss out on the ones named fabric or materials. It would be nice to get them all to come up when you do a search.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #341 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
Something I wish you could do, but it would probably be too much work since you would have to go back and label every single card in the inventory, would be if you could search by team, or just to search game used cards or autos. Its annoying when you search "auto*" that you miss out on cards that are labeled "signature" or something else. Same thing if you just search Jersey Cards you miss out on the ones named fabric or materials. It would be nice to get them all to come up when you do a search.
I agree with the auto and jersey search.
For jerseys a few things to type that help are JSY, relic, materials, patches, shirt, etc. Some things are a bit too vague to type though, like game-used because you get so many common base. Same applies to signatures.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #342 (permalink)

I'm sure this has been asked for many times over but how about adding the ability to mark all, or a selected group, of cards xx% off BV. Or when assigning price allow the seller to type "65%" instead of having to calculate the price manually.

The site is off to a great start but it's time to ramp it up to the next level.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #343 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
I'm sure this has been asked for many times over but how about adding the ability to mark all, or a selected group, of cards xx% off BV. Or when assigning price allow the seller to type "65%" instead of having to calculate the price manually.

The site is off to a great start but it's time to ramp it up to the next level.
I think you can do all of that using their bulk price editing tool...

Bulk Price Editing (Beta) CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

They should really highlight this more somewhere on the site. Had to google search their archives to even find this page.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #344 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I think you can do all of that using their bulk price editing tool...

Bulk Price Editing (Beta) CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

They should really highlight this more somewhere on the site. Had to google search their archives to even find this page.
Thanks Mike, I've got a 350+ card lot due early next week so this should come in handy. And YES they need to put a link to this somewhere on the site! With all the growth they claim to have had I hope they aren't growing too quickly.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #345 (permalink)

Sooooo... when do the January specials get posted?

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #346 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
Sooooo... when do the January specials get posted?
Here is their response...

"Hello,

We will not be running any specials for the month of January. Please check back often with us!!

Thank you."

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #347 (permalink)

There should be a feature where you can propose a trade of cards! That would be incredible.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #348 (permalink)

Just a FYI ... had a new batch of cards that were processed 5 days early. Went from 40% complete last night to this morning I noticed I had a "cards needing attention" message. So, it looks like they are running ahead of schedule for Standerd Service. Have another batch scheduled for 2/18 that say 35% complete. Hopefully they'll be up early too.
How's everyone elses Processing Times been?
blueguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #349 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

My last batches hit their expected due dates on the day they were due, and did exactly what yours did, went from 25-35% complete in one day.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #350 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nesports View Post
I agree with the auto and jersey search.
For jerseys a few things to type that help are JSY, relic, materials, patches, shirt, etc. Some things are a bit too vague to type though, like game-used because you get so many common base. Same applies to signatures.
We are in the middle of pulling data from Beckett to get that extra information. Because of the sheer volume of cards it takes some time to get it all. So expect the ability to search for autos, jerseys, combos, teams player played on, etc. soon.
1-800-517-3540
riotgear is offline   Reply With Quote