Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #351 (permalink)

I cannot wait for these features. That will make surfing so much easier.

Could you also add some Search Filters such as card price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotgear View Post
We are in the middle of pulling data from Beckett to get that extra information. Because of the sheer volume of cards it takes some time to get it all. So expect the ability to search for autos, jerseys, combos, teams player played on, etc. soon.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #352 (permalink)
mdh

Thanks COMC, for allowing us to name our price, but there has to be a limit. $10 G for an Anthony Gonzalez $2 JERSEY, don't turn this into ebay!
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #353 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
Thanks COMC, for allowing us to name our price, but there has to be a limit. $10 G for an Anthony Gonzalez $2 JERSEY, don't turn this into ebay!
If the seller wants to pay the fee to keep it on the site, what is it hurting? If you don't want to buy it at that price...DON'T!

No harm...No foul!
eelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #354 (permalink)

I disagree, there's no reason to allow that sort of gaming of the system. It has nothing to do with wanting to buy A.Gonzo cards or not.

I think it is a huge error if they allow this to happen. JMHO.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #355 (permalink)

It's not hurting anything by allowing them to do it. They will pay .01/mo to pay wages, storage, etc.. so why not let them keep it? I am fine with others paying for the storage and wages for being stupid.
eelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #356 (permalink)

Quote:
Please let me know the ItemID# of the card you are referring to. I'll investigate. Most likely the customer missed a decimal point (or two).
1-800-517-3540
riotgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #357 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

non-sport, non-sport, non-sport, non-sport. Also they should add non-sport.

On a real note, I bought all of the cards that I needed on the site and when I went to have them shipped out I was $0.25 short for shipping. The smallest amount that you can transfer into your account is $10.00. So the cards have been sitting there for awhile just waiting until there are more cards I need or NON-SPORT!

Some members on here have offered to give me the $0.25 through a buy/sell but I am still hopeful that a new card will pop-up that I need.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #358 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
I disagree, there's no reason to allow that sort of gaming of the system. It has nothing to do with wanting to buy A.Gonzo cards or not.

I think it is a huge error if they allow this to happen. JMHO.
COMC has to allow for someone to name a higher price than BV simply because some patches are WAY nicer than others. I know that if I have a nice patch on a card, I list it for a higher value. If I don't, it's the first one to sell, so obviously it's worth at least a little more than the others.

Furthermore, I keep hearing everyone say that Beckett doesn't list the true value of cards. I disagree because I think they do a good job, but to those of you that agree, how can you say that a card with a BV of $2 might not really be worth $10?

I would like to see non-sports cards added to the site too, but I would more so like to see Beckett start listing them in a price guide. That would make it easier for COMC to add them to their site.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #359 (permalink)
mdh

i browse the sections, highest book value, and when I get to the football area, 3 of the top cards are Anthony Gonzalez white jersey, 10,000 , anthony thomas promo, 10,000, and a Peyton manning POD, 500, it gets a little frustrating.

I get the point that you can ask what you want for the cards, but it is necessary?
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #360 (permalink)

Quote:
i browse the sections, highest book value, and when I get to the football area, 3 of the top cards are Anthony Gonzalez white jersey, 10,000 , anthony thomas promo, 10,000, and a Peyton manning POD, 500, it gets a little frustrating.

I get the point that you can ask what you want for the cards, but it is necessary?
Ah! I understand what you are saying. I'm sorry I misunderstood earlier. I didn't realize they were "$10,000" dollar, somewhat common cards. That's ridiculous, and I'm surprised that can even happen.

I completely agree that cards like this should be reported and prices dropped.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #361 (permalink)

I saw the 2 cards in question last night and thought about making a post about it, but I refrained thinking that there would be a lot of issues discussed and probably a lot more people using this method. My feeling is either a typo on the sellers part (2 sellers though and I don't believe this to be the case at all) and you would know if you did 10k over $10. So I really just think it is to get a rise out of us and it gets people to look at the sellers other cards. Its def. an ebay method, might be good marketing on the sellers part, but it is a joke. I can't think offhand of a way to stop this from happening. As long as COMC has that little loophole where you can use any sell price when there is no BV, then this will probably continue. My 2 cents.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #362 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
non-sport, non-sport, non-sport, non-sport. Also they should add non-sport.
What he said.
crdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #363 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotgear View Post
Please let me know the ItemID# of the card you are referring to. I'll investigate. Most likely the customer missed a decimal point (or two).
Thank you for taking an active role in being part of these boards, Mark. I think its great to know someone from the site is not just viewing some of our comments / questions / concerns, but also addressing them head on.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #364 (permalink)

I have 6 cards that need correcting. 5 of those I requested to be changed well over a month ago. I have sent several "wrong data" alerts and thus far nada. I shouldn't have to wait over a month to have cards corrected. You would think they would want to take care of someone that has sold over $62,000 in book value happy....
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #365 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
I have 6 cards that need correcting. 5 of those I requested to be changed well over a month ago. I have sent several "wrong data" alerts and thus far nada. I shouldn't have to wait over a month to have cards corrected. You would think they would want to take care of someone that has sold over $62,000 in book value happy....
I've had the same problem with corrections (and have around $50k in BV sold). I can see if someone submits a report and doesn't include a reason, but when you tell them the exact correction that needs to be made, you'd think they could get it done in a reasonable amount of time.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #366 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Send Tim a direct email he's been really quick to get to the bottom of things and I'd also request compensation as your paying for the service and I think they're getting sloppy again on listings as I've had a decent amount of errors lately too.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #367 (permalink)

How much detail do you keep of what you send in? Do you catalog everything on a spreadsheet before you send in, or do you just keep a rough count? I haven't sent a batch in a while, but have one ready to go -- wondering if I should get a detailed list of everything before I do.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #368 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
How much detail do you keep of what you send in? Do you catalog everything on a spreadsheet before you send in, or do you just keep a rough count? I haven't sent a batch in a while, but have one ready to go -- wondering if I should get a detailed list of everything before I do.
I make a spreadsheet of everything (name/brand/card#, serial #, listing cost, etc) I keep one for me and send them one. There are still sometimes errors but at least you have the back up of what you sent in so you can get it in the corrections queue.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #369 (permalink)

ugh, that's going to be fun....Thanks for the info!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #370 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
ugh, that's going to be fun....Thanks for the info!
I've never sent in more than a few hundred at a time so it was never that bad, I would think that maybe if you have a ton to send in, just make a list of the more valuable ones and with the commons/lower value ones, just let them ride and hope for the best. Sending in thousands at once and making a list would be very time consuming and I would not look forward to doing that.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #371 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
Please send me the ItemID numbers of the cards you are having a problem with. I will track down the problem and follow-up with you.
1-800-517-3540
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #372 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Send Tim a direct email he's been really quick to get to the bottom of things and I'd also request compensation as your paying for the service and I think they're getting sloppy again on listings as I've had a decent amount of errors lately too.
We are training some new guys identifying, so I'm sorry if the data is wrong. We're always working to improve accuracy. Please let me know directly if there are problems if a card hasn't been corrected within 2 business days.
1-800-517-3540
Old 02-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #373 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I am still waiting for some UFC cards to be priced and added to my account. They were originally sent in back in April 2009. I do see that there are some Topps UFC listed on the site now though.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #374 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
I am still waiting for some UFC cards to be priced and added to my account. They were originally sent in back in April 2009. I do see that there are some Topps UFC listed on the site now though.
I will make sure your cards get added within the next couple of days. We still unfortunately are not linked to pricing, so we have to add them manually.
1-800-517-3540
Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #375 (permalink)

Mark,

Do you know if Tim ever heard back from Beckett regarding the Japanese baseball card listings? I've still got a bunch I'm itching to sell on COMC.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote