Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #401 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Jeff

It goes in spurts...just depends on the night. Been a slow night for me, only sold 4 or 5 cards, bought 2 or 3....yesterday was pretty good. Tomorrow might be better.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #402 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post
Does anyone other than me send offers that aren't 50% off of asking price???

I feel my prices are reasonable, but any offers I ever get are for 50% off of my asking price.

I make offers to people, but I make them reasonable, unless someone on here says they are accepting 50% off offers, then I take advantage of that.

Sorry about my ranting, I am just annoyed.

I do sometimes but just as a rule of thumb unless its something I simply must have for my pc I dont pay any higher than 25 percent for anything. If that means half the asking price than thats what I will offer. As a seller it doesnt bother me either, but I kinda like the whole haggling process of it all, might be in the minority there.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #403 (permalink)

Hang in there as these offers are people showing interest in your cards. Counter with your bottom line and you will get a few to accept. If they don't accept they were likely only fishing for steals.

The only time that I get chaffed is when I counter and the prospective buyer re-counters again at 50% off. The easiest way to fix this behavior is to re-counter his re-counter at no discount.

I know that I recently goofed and sent Tedsports a 50% off offer for Baseball cards convinced in my mind that his post said he was accepting these offers. After he countered I reread his post and found the error of my offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyalan View Post
Does anyone other than me send offers that aren't 50% off of asking price???

I feel my prices are reasonable, but any offers I ever get are for 50% off of my asking price.

I make offers to people, but I make them reasonable, unless someone on here says they are accepting 50% off offers, then I take advantage of that.

Sorry about my ranting, I am just annoyed.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #404 (permalink)

It's a triple relic card w/ $10 BV. I was asking $2.49. There are 5 more of the same card listed. I was the cheapest. The others are asking $3, $4, $6, $6, and $8.

Thanks for the input guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Jeff

It goes in spurts...just depends on the night. Been a slow night for me, only sold 4 or 5 cards, bought 2 or 3....yesterday was pretty good. Tomorrow might be better.
Robert,
You have a lot more inventory than I do, I am lucky to get 1 or 2 offers a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
I do sometimes but just as a rule of thumb unless its something I simply must have for my pc I dont pay any higher than 25 percent for anything. If that means half the asking price than thats what I will offer. As a seller it doesnt bother me either, but I kinda like the whole haggling process of it all, might be in the minority there.
The card was already marked 75% off, so I thought it was reasonable. So a 50% of offer would make it 87.5% off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Hang in there as these offers are people showing interest in your cards. Counter with your bottom line and you will get a few to accept. If they don't accept they were likely only fishing for steals.

The only time that I get chaffed is when I counter and the prospective buyer re-counters again at 50% off. The easiest way to fix this behavior is to re-counter his re-counter at no discount.
I was tempted to counter with asking price, but I will be fair.

Thanks again for the input.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #405 (permalink)

So why isn't Tim active in this thread anymore
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #406 (permalink)

Default submitting Japanese cards, part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotgear View Post
At this point, they're don't have a timeling on listing them, unfortunately.
Just to be clear, before I submit any more cards, am I good to submit more Japanese cards so long as they are currently listed in Beckett's database (regardless of pricing information)?

Last edited by DaClyde; 02-13-2010 at 02:49 PM.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #407 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Just to be clear, before I submit any more cards, am I good to submit more Japanese cards so long as they are currently listed in Beckett's database (regardless of pricing information)?
That is correct, as long as they are listed in Beckett. If you have lists of sets with set information they don't have you can send it to me, and I will forward it on to Beckett. No promises that they will use it, but I'll try!
1-800-517-3540
riotgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #408 (permalink)

Quote:
That is correct, as long as they are listed in Beckett. If you have lists of sets with set information they don't have you can send it to me, and I will forward it on to Beckett. No promises that they will use it, but I'll try!
I'd happily send them my copy of Gary Engel's Japanese Baseball Card Checklist and Price Guide (7th edition) if I thought it would do any good, but I know it wouldn't. For now I'll just have to be content with sending in the older stuff I have while it's still relevant.

Thanks for the response!

----EDIT----

I just submitted a batch of 50 cards, about 40 of which are various BBM, Calbee and Takara issues from Japan. I double checked, and every one of them is listed in Beckett's online price guide, though it's unlikely there is any pricing data. I was annoyed to see that Beckett only has very limited cards listed for Calbee, not complete sets (maybe 12 cards out of a 200 card set), so that drastically limited what I was able to submit. The same was the case for Takara, and they also did a generally poor job of identifying the sets and the correct numbering. As always, I included a detailed inventory of the cards, so there shouldn't be any question as to identification. So let's see what happens 8 weeks from now!

Mark, I guess my main question is, does COMC have any plans to pursue adding checklists for sets that Beckett does not cover? Between foreign issues, minor league issues and things Beckett just doesn't bother with, there are easily a several hundred more sets out there for all the sports/topics COMC currently covers. I would be MORE than happy to help out with some of the Japanese or minor league checklists!

Last edited by DaClyde; 02-22-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #409 (permalink)

Every once in a while I have a card of mine drop it's price, and I get a note that I have items that need attention. I just had a card do this. I know that all my cards were priced, so I wonder what causes that to happen.

The worrier in me is wondering if somehow the information in the DB got switched and another seller and I just swapped cards.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #410 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Typically a card's price is "lost" when a new book price comes out. Not sure this entirely holds true since I've had some go up (most go down) and I'm not prompted to change the/set their pricing.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #411 (permalink)
Tai

Hi, I just sent my first batch of cards to COMC with the Blowout coupon from Black Friday. If I move enough cards I want to send in some non-sports so my question is: Where will non-sports be listed on their site? I've been looping through their site and there doesn't seems to be any info regarding this. Sorry if this question has already been asked. If it has can someone link to the post number. Thanks in advance.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #412 (permalink)

One would think that they might have added a handful of cards from the staff just after the non-sports announcement, if only to prepopulate that part of the site. I guess Tim & Co. just don't own any Alf cards.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #413 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

When is the non-sport category going live?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #414 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Typically a card's price is "lost" when a new book price comes out. Not sure this entirely holds true since I've had some go up (most go down) and I'm not prompted to change the/set their pricing.
That is correct. Typically it's around a 3% book price change to zero out your asking price.
1-800-517-3540
Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #415 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Hi, I just sent my first batch of cards to COMC with the Blowout coupon from Black Friday. If I move enough cards I want to send in some non-sports so my question is: Where will non-sports be listed on their site? I've been looping through their site and there doesn't seems to be any info regarding this. Sorry if this question has already been asked. If it has can someone link to the post number. Thanks in advance.
You will be able to search by non-sport.
1-800-517-3540
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #416 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
When is the non-sport category going live?
As soon as we get some in to be added. I believe there are some in the "pipeline" now.
1-800-517-3540
Old 03-05-2010, 01:58 AM   #417 (permalink)

Dropped prices, will accept 90% off on the portfolio if you want.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #418 (permalink)
Tai

Question for riotgear: Do you guys plan on adding some kind of email notification system on offers and completed sales? I tend to check my email more often than other sites and thought it would be a nice feature. Thanks in advaance.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #419 (permalink)

Quote:
Question for riotgear: Do you guys plan on adding some kind of email notification system on offers and completed sales? I tend to check my email more often than other sites and thought it would be a nice feature. Thanks in advaance.
I've always received notifications for that kind of thing. Though there seem to be two different sales notifications...one that specifically mentions the card that sold like this:

"Your 1992 BBM Japan #31 - Eiji Sawamura item #1468864 just sold for $3.50.
1992 BBM Japan #31 - Eiji Sawamura - CheckOutMyCards.com

To view recent sales, you can go to the following page.
https://www.checkoutmycards.com/Manage/Sales.aspx"

and another that just says:

"Congratulations!

Some items just sold from your 'DaClyde' account at CheckOutMyCards.com.

To view your recent sales, go to:
https://www.checkoutmycards.com/Manage/Sales.aspx"

I no longer have the one offer email notification I received, so I can't post an example. But I didn't have to do anything, once cards started selling, I started receiving notifications to the email account I used to set up my COMC account.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #420 (permalink)
Tai

Thank you for the info. Just the other day I received an offer for a card and did not receive a notice so I'm guessing it might be for sales at asking price. I don't mind logging in but I thought it would be nice to automate all communications to go through email. On a separate occasion when I put in an offer for a card and was countered I received an email so this one threw me off. I would hate to miss offers because I don't log in frequently enough.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #421 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for the info. Just the other day I received an offer for a card and did not receive a notice so I'm guessing it might be for sales at asking price. I don't mind logging in but I thought it would be nice to automate all communications to go through email. On a separate occasion when I put in an offer for a card and was countered I received an email so this one threw me off. I would hate to miss offers because I don't log in frequently enough.
I get emails when offers are made. I don't know why you didn't.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #422 (permalink)

Quote:
Send them an email and let them know you arent receiving the notifications. This has happened to me and they were able to track down the issue and I started to get my emails again.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #423 (permalink)
Tai

Thanks for the heads up. I will do so in a bit. Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #424 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you checked to make sure that your email host settings (hotmail, yahoo, etc.) is set so that we are not just going to your junk mail?
1-800-517-3540
Old 03-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #425 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:
Have you checked to make sure that your email host settings (hotmail, yahoo, etc.) is set so that we are not just going to your junk mail?
Thanks for the response. My email settings for outlook doesn't send you guys to my junkmail. I always check my junkmail just in case. I get notices when I receive counteroffers from sellers I put offers in to but that's it.