Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #426 (permalink)

I'm also no longer getting "pending offer" e-mails. I'm getting the "item sold" and "offer cancelled" e-mails, but nothing about new offers.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #427 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
I'm also no longer getting "pending offer" e-mails. I'm getting the "item sold" and "offer cancelled" e-mails, but nothing about new offers.
Same for me. I log-in several times daily, so its not that big of an issue, but I've regularly been getting offers without an e-mail alert. Seems like some (not all) of my sales aren't getting e-mail alerts either.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #428 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Got a new offer today....check out the email heading..must be making some changes today (although checking my COMC folder...looks like this happened yesterday)

scottfish sent you an offer

vs

You have a Pending Offer
Old 03-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #429 (permalink)

I had a card that sat on Checkoutmycards.com for about a year and it just sold.

It was #3/5 and had bats of both Ruth and Gehrig.

Sold it for over a Grand this morning via Checkoutmycards.com!
eelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #430 (permalink)

Here is a suggestion for COMC.

Give me my money

I added credit to my account this morning, so I could buy cards and take advantage of the upcoming shipping deal. That was over 6 hours ago and the credit still hasn't shown up on my account. In the past it has always shown up within minutes.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #431 (permalink)

question, i read somewhere on the COMC site, that it says there is a 1cent/month fee for card storage, is this true for all cards, or just cards that you dont have for sale? Thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #432 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebreaker View Post
question, i read somewhere on the COMC site, that it says there is a 1cent/month fee for card storage, is this true for all cards, or just cards that you dont have for sale? Thanks
Only for cards purchased on the site (not marked for ship) and remarked (ie flipped)

3 months have passed since you've listed the card

Exception to both rules being anything priced under .25
Old 03-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #433 (permalink)

It's probably been mentioned before in this thread, but it would be nice for the "pending offer" e-mails to include the card(s) the offer is for in addition to the price and username of the person who made the offer that they currently show.

Would be nice to know if a good offer came in that should be accepted quickly before it's possibly retracted, or on the other hand if it's one of the notorious COMC lowballers wasting my time then I know I don't have to bother responding anytime soon.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #434 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
It's probably been mentioned before in this thread, but it would be nice for the "pending offer" e-mails to include the card(s) the offer is for in addition to the price and username of the person who made the offer that they currently show.

Would be nice to know if a good offer came in that should be accepted quickly before it's possibly retracted, or on the other hand if it's one of the notorious COMC lowballers wasting my time then I know I don't have to bother responding anytime soon.
I had asked Tim about this and think he misunderstood what I was asking for as I think this is why we now see who the offer is being submitted from. While I think its neat to see who's sending the offers, I'd still love for the offer to have some type of trackable number/code so that when I click on said link it would bring me to that specific offer. Same goes for rejected offers (both buy and sell). As someone who just sent out $300+ in offers this morning (probably 15-20 offers to different sellers), it may be a few days before those sellers get back with me (hopefully not as I plan on taking advantage of the shipping special) I have a hard time tracking down that offer to see which one it was so I can either try and re-evulate my offer and decide if I want to resubmit.

I also would still love to have a 24 hr minimum before an offer can be canceled. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has an offer made on a card and its retracted within minutes.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #435 (permalink)

Ok..who bought the port!

"11 hours ago Sorry about the website hiccup. We had to manually issue a command to accept a 6,500+ card offer... took 5 minutes "

And of course if your wanting to surpass that and pickup 13,000+ cards..shoot me a PM but plan to have around 6K in funds.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #436 (permalink)

Default comc hickup

that was me that caused the little hiccup, i seen premium1981 post his port for sale so i made a offer and he accepeted.so with what i had sent in and what i purchased yesterday, i now have just under 8,000 new cards please check them out and make some offers. comc user bigkoi2008

Last edited by koiman08; 03-26-2010 at 09:43 AM.
koiman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #437 (permalink)

Dont forget to add your COMC user name to your profile..makes it easy for guys to see your cards...if your bigkoi2008 please send me a PM if you'd like to neg. on your Leg. Cuts Boggs JSY.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #438 (permalink)

Default comc

thanks iluvfish2 i forgot to put my comc user id in my message,i'm still pricing everything i know alot of stuff is over priced at the moment.i sent in a bunch of 2010 eclipse racing that dont have a beckett price so i'm guessing.keep the offers coming thanks to everyone who purchased from me.
koiman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #439 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

I know I'm probably at fault for lowballing a little here and there but that is what the counter offer button is for. But can we start up a list of the people who not only lowball, but they will recounter you w/the same lowball offer they started at? I really hate to all out and reject offers but after 3 rounds of the same it gets old.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #440 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

something else that is sort of annoying is when you send someone an offer and they just reject it...I mean at least counter offer the original price back and let me reject it
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #441 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

The whole recountering with the same lowball offer....only 1 person does that to me...I usually cave in and accept it because really I dont really care if I get 40 cents or 20 cents for a Scott Rolen refractor most of the time...lol
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #442 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I know this has been mentioned before but I want to buy some cheap cards for sets. There are a total of 58 cards with a total asking price of less than $50. The S&H fees are $17.25 for the group. That seems like an excessive amount. I understand the time & cost involved of pulling the cards and getting my order together but $17.25 for less than $50 worth of cards?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #443 (permalink)

I typically wait and use the end of the month shipping specials. The last special (.10 per card) worked really nice for me. I took delivery of 288 cards for what I felt was a very fair price.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #444 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
I know this has been mentioned before but I want to buy some cheap cards for sets. There are a total of 58 cards with a total asking price of less than $50. The S&H fees are $17.25 for the group. That seems like an excessive amount. I understand the time & cost involved of pulling the cards and getting my order together but $17.25 for less than $50 worth of cards?
use sportlots
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #445 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I typically wait and use the end of the month shipping specials. The last special (.10 per card) worked really nice for me. I took delivery of 288 cards for what I felt was a very fair price.
I guess I will just keep them in my cart and see if a shipping special comes around. The one on the home page is for 2010 cards only.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #446 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
I know I'm probably at fault for lowballing a little here and there but that is what the counter offer button is for. But can we start up a list of the people who not only lowball, but they will recounter you w/the same lowball offer they started at? I really hate to all out and reject offers but after 3 rounds of the same it gets old.
This is a good feature request. I've brought it up with Tim and we'll investigate the possibility of this. Thanks for the feedback!!!
1-800-517-3540
riotgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #447 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Only for cards purchased on the site (not marked for ship) and remarked (ie flipped)

3 months have passed since you've listed the card

Exception to both rules being anything priced under .25
That is correct. To see which cards you possess that are subject to storage fees, you can use the dropdown "Filter to Show" in your inventory to view "ONLY CARDS SUBJECT TO STORAGE FEES".
1-800-517-3540
Old 04-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #448 (permalink)

is it just me or has the COMC site been running very slowly over the last few weeks? it could be my internet connection, but i've tried using the site with a couple different computers and internet connections with pretty much the same results. i am trying to update prices, but it is taking forever for card images to load and for the prices to save.
hockeycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycards View Post
is it just me or has the COMC site been running very slowly over the last few weeks? it could be my internet connection, but i've tried using the site with a couple different computers and internet connections with pretty much the same results. i am trying to update prices, but it is taking forever for card images to load and for the prices to save.
It's not just you. We've had to order another improved server setup due to the increased traffic to the site and all of the cards going up. We're growing so fast that we want to make sure we're ahead of the pack on this one. The issue should be hopefully resolved within the next few days. Thanks to everyone for making COMC your site!
1-800-517-3540
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #450 (permalink)

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere before...

On COMC, is there anyway for us to see the total book value of all cards for sale by a seller, including cards purchased and flipped? The sellers list only includes book value for cards actually sent in and unsold.

On a related note, is there any easy work-around to put an offer on an entire portfolio, particularly since a few people are offering ports for sale?

Fantastic site... has brought me back to collecting again!

Thanks
JimsCards is offline   Reply With Quote