Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #501 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bja613 View Post
is anyone else having problems with the site? i can't even get the main page to load
I am, it froze up and then said it couldn't display the webpage, and I refreshed it a few times
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #502 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Its slow @ times. had issues looking up cards as well. It took me quite a while to post the cards I had to tonight (hopefully some sell since I have 1500 due tomorrow, but also have a low balance so can't buy/send offers for all the cards I have in my cart.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #503 (permalink)

Default comc

i'm still having problems getting on the site and even logging in.maybe it's because of all the cards that are due today.
koiman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #504 (permalink)

Not working at all for me right now, but it must have been functioning late last night because I had quite a few sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koiman08 View Post
i'm still having problems getting on the site and even logging in.maybe it's because of all the cards that are due today.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #505 (permalink)

I just checked my dashboard, and a lot that was due to be posted today (May 3) is showing 35% complete, and an estimated date of May 5.
checkoutmydeals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #506 (permalink)

I absolutely love this site, but I think these sorts of outages are going to get worse before they get better. eBay's recent fee changes have sellers scrambling for an alternative.

It's been suggested on this board that COMC might alleviate some of these problems by adding 15 cents per card to the submission cost and reducing the packing/shipping charge by the same 15 cents.

I think this is a good idea and should be examined by COMC. It would cause sellers to be more selective about the cards they submit, it would add value to the cards which are already on the site, and it would provide an incentive for people to buy and take delivery of more cards.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #507 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

The blog says they upgraded some network hardware today so hopefully the site will be back to normal!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #508 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
It's been suggested on this board that COMC might alleviate some of these problems by adding 15 cents per card to the submission cost and reducing the packing/shipping charge by the same 15 cents.

I think this is a good idea and should be examined by COMC. It would cause sellers to be more selective about the cards they submit, it would add value to the cards which are already on the site, and it would provide an incentive for people to buy and take delivery of more cards.
This is a horrendous idea. If I had to pay 30 cents per card to list, I would likely quit listing altogether. I like not being overly selective (although I rarely send in base, just inserts and parallels). The shipping rates on here are pretty much the cheapest you can get on the internet when you consider that you can shop the inventories of 100's of sellers and then have everything shipped together for just 25 cents or less per card. Try buying what you want on ebay, let's say 100 various cards you need to fill sets or your player collection. You'll probably need to buy from at least 10 sellers @ $3-5 each (if not more). You can get those 100 cards shipped on here for $20-25 (depending on if you take advantage of the end of the month shipping special) while you'd easily spend $30-50 (if not more) on the same cards on ebay (not to mention that ebay has a fixed price minimum price of $1 so you will be saving more on the cheaper cards on COMC in the first place).
-- Andy
trauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #509 (permalink)

I know that I would not submit nearly as many cards if the fee's to "list" were double. What's great about COMC is being able to buy many cards and having them shipped to you for a reasonable price which is a service that Ebay doesn't provide.

I know for myself, I love buying more cards knowing that I am only paying an extra quarter to have them shipped to me even if I buy from many different sellers. I know I've noticed, COMC shipping prices are cheaper than most Ebay sellers.

PS Forget Strasburg... Jordan Zimmermann is the Next Big thing in DC in 2009 and Beyond!
DadofTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #510 (permalink)

Quote:
I absolutely love this site, but I think these sorts of outages are going to get worse before they get better. eBay's recent fee changes have sellers scrambling for an alternative.

So the solution to the "problem" of growing pains is to try and drastically reduce the number of potential customers and sellers?
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #511 (permalink)

You're probably right. I'm used to dealing with eBay, so the idea of a website offering an incredibly high level of service for such a reasonable cost is quite astonishing to me.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #512 (permalink)

Today is the one-month anniversary of my first batch being processed. So far, I've had 6 batches processed and every one has been on time, and for the most part, accurate. Where there have been a few mistakes, they've quickly corrected them when brought to their attention.

I must say I'm highly impressed. I can barely sort cards into 'send' / 'don't send' piles as fast as they're sorting, scanning, identifying and filing away the cards. Good job everyone and THANK YOU!

The last couple of batches, the estimated date was pushed out a few days, but then the batch was actually processed in time anyway. So, the batch due to hit on May 3 was estimated at May 6 but actually processed on May 3. The batch due to hit on May 6 was estimated at May 11, but actually processed on May 6.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #513 (permalink)

BTW, Beckett is now pricing Magic The Gathering cards, and even came up with a Magic The Gathering Beckett Magazine which is hitting the stands right now.

Will this change the way COMC handles Magic Cards? Will they change the listing names to wording in Beckett? Will they add Beckett's price to Magic Card listings which will count toward our Book Value Sold / percentage off guide statistics?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #514 (permalink)

Default Greetings from COMC

Hi all,

Darren here from COMC.

Just wanted to introduce myself, and let everyone know that I'll be handling many of the questions on here regarding our site. This will help relieve Mark (riotgear) of having to be the sole voice of the company in this thread.

I'll try to get back to you in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Darren
dwc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #515 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc07 View Post
Hi all,

Darren here from COMC.

Just wanted to introduce myself, and let everyone know that I'll be handling many of the questions on here regarding our site. This will help relieve Mark (riotgear) of having to be the sole voice of the company in this thread.

I'll try to get back to you in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Darren
Welcome Darren.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. It's comforting to know you guys are reading this thread and willing to answer our questions.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #516 (permalink)

Thanks! I look forward to staying in the loop and offering feedback/answering questions as needed...

Darren
Old 05-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #517 (permalink)

Hi Darren! Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

A while back, COMC began accepting Magic The Gathering cards and posting them to their site. At the time they started, Magic cards were not listed in Beckett. Because of this, COMC invented their own system for classifying Magic Cards.

Since then, Beckett started listing Magic The Gathering cards and has even published a Beckett Magic The Gathering magazine.

My question is: will COMC begin using Beckett's titles and Beckett's book value prices with Magic The Gathering cards? Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #518 (permalink)

matt I noticed you tailing off a bit from the top 3!!!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #519 (permalink)

Will the call for help with card identification possibly lead to inclusion on COMC of cards not listed in Beckett's databases?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #520 (permalink)

I'll try to answer the previous two questions here.

1) As Beckett continues to list Magic The Gathering cards in its ONLINE price guide, we are monitoring that and when their information is more complete we will transition into using their titles and book value prices. If we have cards that you can see in stock that don't match Beckett's information, please let us know so that we can update our data.

2) If cards aren't in Beckett but are LICENSED and we can identify them, there's a growing effort for inclusion on our site.

Hope this helps!

Darren (COMC)
Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #521 (permalink)

Thanks! I reported all of the Magic cards I currently have for sale, and included the actual Online Beckett title and current Online Beckett price for each card.

If we have licensed cards not in Beckett, would it be helpful to you if we were to make some sort of spreadsheet of the numbers and names of all cards in the set?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #522 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
matt I noticed you tailing off a bit from the top 3!!!
Yeah, darn it. I guess I can't keep up with my sales.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #523 (permalink)

Quote:
If we have licensed cards not in Beckett, would it be helpful to you if we were to make some sort of spreadsheet of the numbers and names of all cards in the set?
I've done that with every order I've submitted, and they've always been ignored. I either get lots of cards back or they end up in the system incorrect and I have to submit lots of corrections.

Quote:
2) If cards aren't in Beckett but are LICENSED and we can identify them, there's a growing effort for inclusion on our site.
One set in particular I'm curious about; from 1993-now, NTV, in conjuction with Toho, and later Upper Deck, have been releasing the Hideki Matsui Homerun Card set, one card for every home run he has hit in his career. Technically each year is a self contained set, but overall the number 1-whatever he has hit. For some reason, Beckett only saw fit to include the 2002 set. I've got a large chunk of this set up until the point he left for America. Would it be possible to submit more than just the 2002 cards and have them listed? Each year's cards list the year on the front, and the card numbers would just the the home run number.

I've got two duplicates I'd like to send in (200 & 229) to gauge interest, but both are from the 2000 set and not listed in Beckett.

Last edited by DaClyde; 05-14-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #524 (permalink)

Hi all,

Based on further conversation with Tim, he’s decided that we’re at a point that we can start accepting Magic The Gathering cards. Since we’re just starting with this, there will be a learning curve for the Identification Department. Please make sure you’re reviewing the cards in your inventory before you set asking prices. We want to make sure that these are as correct as possible. The more we learn, the better we will be at it.

As for licensed cards not found in Beckett, we will accept soft-copy spreadsheets in Excel format. You can send them directly to Mark Boyer at markboyer@checkoutmycards.com.

Finally, just a reminder: Since we contract with Beckett, we share information with them constantly. So by providing us extra identification information, it will help them also!

Thanks,
Darren (COMC)
Old 05-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #525 (permalink)

Quote:

As for licensed cards not found in Beckett, we will accept soft-copy spreadsheets in Excel format. You can send them directly to Mark Boyer at markboyer@checkoutmycards.com.
Thanks, Darren! Just to check, the following is in the format of the ConsignmentReceipt files I've received from COMC (minus the ItemID and the values):

SportName SetName Card# Description
Baseball 2000 Hideki Matsui Homerun Cards 200 Hideki Matsui
Baseball 2000 Hideki Matsui Homerun Cards 229 Hideki Matsui
Baseball 1977 Padres Dean's 14 Rollie Fingers
Baseball 1977 Padres Dean's 32 Dave Winfield
Baseball 2002 Calbee 027 Akinori Iwamura
Baseball 2006 Konami Baseball Heroes Black 006 Yu Darvish
Baseball 2000 Future Bee Power League UL 024 Daisuke Matsuzaka
Baseball 2000 Future Bee Power League UL 057 Kosuke Fukudome
Baseball 2000 Future Bee Power League UL 110 Kenji Johjima

Granted, that would be in an Excel file, and of course all of my spacing was stripped out when I posted, but is that what you're looking for, or are you talking about full sets in this format (which I'd be more than happy to provide if it meant getting my cards added to the site)?

Jason