Blowout Cards Forums
17 mega march

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 12:44 PM   #5476 (permalink)

Hello - I can't seem the get the bulk price editor to work anymore. When I log-in it just loads comc in the window but doesn't trigger anything back to access. Thoughts? Is this a known issue?
Loyaltystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #5477 (permalink)

I checked mine and it behaved the same way. Send them an email at staff@comc.com to report the error. They don't check (or at least respond to) this message board anymore.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #5478 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyaltystar View Post
Hello - I can't seem the get the bulk price editor to work anymore. When I log-in it just loads comc in the window but doesn't trigger anything back to access. Thoughts? Is this a known issue?
It is broken and I was told it won't be fixed anytime soon because they are too busy.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #5479 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin42 View Post
It is broken and I was told it won't be fixed anytime soon because they are too busy.
It has not worked since February.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #5480 (permalink)

Thanks for the update. Guess its back to wasting hours updating individual prices. Helpful....
Old 03-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #5481 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Guess its back to wasting hours updating individual prices. Helpful....
yeah I am not pleased.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #5482 (permalink)

Wow. That's disappointing on the bulk editor. I just thought it was my computer the past couple of times I tried it and it didn't work.
NYMETSJETS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #5483 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin42 View Post
Obviously, there are no fees associated with it or COMC would be all over fixing it.... At least they don't pretend to give a damn about the sellers any more
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:39 AM   #5484 (permalink)

A few sellers were abusing the feature, I think, causing strain on the systems.

That might have been the reason Amazon sales had been suspended for awhile.

joelsh*tsh*w even had twitted at one point that he thought he broke the bulk uploader.

This is just a guess on my part, but I have noticed improvement of speed and reliability of the website in recent weeks.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #5485 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
A few sellers were abusing the feature, I think, causing strain on the systems.

That might have been the reason Amazon sales had been suspended for awhile.

joelsh*tsh*w even had twitted at one point that he thought he broke the bulk uploader.

This is just a guess on my part, but I have noticed improvement of speed and reliability of the website in recent weeks.
I am sure he was the one abusing it. He goes in and lowers all the prices of his junk cards listed at $50 so he doesn't get charged a storage fee. Hurting all customers to stop a few from abusing their system stinks. The inventory manager needs a lot of improvements.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 AM   #5486 (permalink)

Two weeks out and I am at 15%... I am assuming this is normal?

Looking for the following. Pierce on the Celtics, Penny on the Magic, Jordan BGS/PSA inserts, Lebron PSA/BGS rookies, Ray Allen Celtics auto, and Kevin Garnett Celtics auto
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #5487 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Two weeks out and I am at 15%... I am assuming this is normal?
That percentage doesn't mean anything.
Come say that to my face/tb071885
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #5488 (permalink)

I have to think there's a front end way through a chrome extension, macro or something to auto fill prices.. I'll experiment
Old 03-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #5489 (permalink)

Quote:
I have to think there's a front end way through a chrome extension, macro or something to auto fill prices.. I'll experiment
some "diva" broke the site a few years back with some 3rd party or pricing work around. I think the bulk editor came about from that fiasco and site slowness/outage.
Patriots 5 time Champs
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 PM   #5490 (permalink)

Quote:
The only shortcut I remember Tim sharing with users is on the Inventory Manager page: use "**" in the asking price window when pricing cards - this allows you to copy the price of the last card and paste it as the price of the current card. This is pretty handy if you have a lot of cards you want to give the same price (commons, etc)...you can even hold the "*" key down and price a lot of cards at once.

As for anything else re: the bulk-pricing tool, it's pretty easy to blame someone who isn't here to defend themselves - and, if they've been doing this for years, why is it only now that the tool isn't working? As a practice, the tool gets shut down on the last day of the month to prevent people from modifying prices as a means to avoid storage fees. That should be enough to prevent people from "working the system".

And COMC's claims that they're "too busy" to fix the tool are dubious at best, for reasons I can't get into because the forums have ears...just that if this is true, they really need some help in managing their resources, because their expansions in hiring don't seem to be helping...
Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #5491 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
The only shortcut I remember Tim sharing with users is on the Inventory Manager page: use "**" in the asking price window when pricing cards - this allows you to copy the price of the last card and paste it as the price of the current card. This is pretty handy if you have a lot of cards you want to give the same price (commons, etc)...you can even hold the "*" key down and price a lot of cards at once..
Thanks for that nugget Moe. I've been on the site for a number of years and must have missed when Tim shared that. That will save me some time in the future.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #5492 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
The only shortcut I remember Tim sharing with users is on the Inventory Manager page: use "**" in the asking price window when pricing cards - this allows you to copy the price of the last card and paste it as the price of the current card. This is pretty handy if you have a lot of cards you want to give the same price (commons, etc)...you can even hold the "*" key down and price a lot of cards at once.

As for anything else re: the bulk-pricing tool, it's pretty easy to blame someone who isn't here to defend themselves - and, if they've been doing this for years, why is it only now that the tool isn't working? As a practice, the tool gets shut down on the last day of the month to prevent people from modifying prices as a means to avoid storage fees. That should be enough to prevent people from "working the system".

And COMC's claims that they're "too busy" to fix the tool are dubious at best, for reasons I can't get into because the forums have ears...just that if this is true, they really need some help in managing their resources, because their expansions in hiring don't seem to be helping...
No doubt I could use this. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #5493 (permalink)

I had a few cards marked as not in good enough condition. I have marked them add to shipment. That means they will come back with my next shipment I request correct?

Looking for the following. Pierce on the Celtics, Penny on the Magic, Jordan BGS/PSA inserts, Lebron PSA/BGS rookies, Ray Allen Celtics auto, and Kevin Garnett Celtics auto
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:49 AM   #5494 (permalink)

I'd like the option for second chance offers. For example, I got a fair offer on a card last night that has been in my port for some time. I got greedy (stupid) and countered and the buyer rejected it and probably walked away for good. I wish COMC offered the ability like Ebay does to offer it back to the buyer at the same price as his last offer. Seems like that would be easy to implement and would likely lead to many more completed deals.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #5495 (permalink)

COMC has gotten lazy lately, most my new submissions don't list serial numbers, instead noting something like- #/250. This is fine. My problem is that I can't edit my serial numbers to the full 001/250 from mobile...
afrobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #5496 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I had a few cards marked as not in good enough condition. I have marked them add to shipment. That means they will come back with my next shipment I request correct?
Yes, but you need to add the cards to your shipment. (the cards won't ship automatically)
Old 03-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #5497 (permalink)

could someone tell me what the damaged cards are titled as in comc? I'm having a hard time finding the cards to request shipment and I do have quite a few to send back.
sfgiants4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #5498 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I'd like the option for second chance offers. For example, I got a fair offer on a card last night that has been in my port for some time. I got greedy (stupid) and countered and the buyer rejected it and probably walked away for good. I wish COMC offered the ability like Ebay does to offer it back to the buyer at the same price as his last offer. Seems like that would be easy to implement and would likely lead to many more completed deals.
Live and learn. We have all done it. The lack of communication is the biggest appeal to me about COMC. The fewer messages, offers, etc, the less chance for shenanigans and games to be played. Ebay can be a hassle to make a little money. COMC is nearly hassle free and you can make good money doing it right. They obviously have flaws galore, but they shouldn't mess with what does work on the site.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #5499 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
Live and learn. We have all done it. The lack of communication is the biggest appeal to me about COMC. The fewer messages, offers, etc, the less chance for shenanigans and games to be played. Ebay can be a hassle to make a little money. COMC is nearly hassle free and you can make good money doing it right. They obviously have flaws galore, but they shouldn't mess with what does work on the site.
By no means do I want communication, I just would like the ability to send a second chance and only at whatever the buyer's last offer was. Even so, you make good points. If a seller knew they had a second chance opportunity, they'd probably make less serious counters and it would drag out the process too much.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 PM   #5500 (permalink)

I agree the fewer hassles the better. I've always believed no is the second best answer and that no means no. I don't want to be offered a card a week later that you wouldn't sell me when I wanted it. As a buyer I would have moved on or offered a higher price at that time.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote